Uncontrollable Changes

James Smith

I take a seat in the corner and put my books into my bag. Soon a guy walks in. He is tall with big blue eyes and bleach blonde hair. He has an amazing tan and a sexy toned body. 

I look away before we make eye contact. He smiles as he walks to the counter. It's almost as though he  knows I was thinking about how hot he looks. "Lillian is it?" He asks, looking over at me. "Just Lil is fine" I respond as I stand. 

He offers his hand for me to shake, "the names James. I'll show you around the place. Help you make some friends." I give him a smirk as he opens the door for me.

"First stop, your locker. What numbers yours?" James asks as I try to get my timetable from my pocket. "D27 I think" I say as we walk through the corridor. "Let me have a look" I hand my timetable to James. "That's your home room. This here..." He points to a number at the bottom if the page, "... Is your locker 'n' code"
He hands me back my timetable and gives me a smile.

When we get to my locker I put most if my books in it. James's locker is next to mine. He gets his text books while we are there. I look into his locker and notice he has a picture of a short, blonde cheerleader. "That's my girl. Eliza" he says when he notices me looking at her. "She's pretty" I say looking away.

 We walk into my home room, it must be his too because he walks in and sits with the girl from the picture. The teacher is standing at the front of the class. "New kid, sir" yells one of the kids from the back of the room. I walk over to hi desk as he says to introduce myself.

"Hey... Um... I'm Lil. Fourth school in the past two years."
No one pays attention until James yells, "Hey Lil, come sit with us". I walk towards James and his friends. Eliza, James's girlfriend, asks about my bike. "Was that you on the on the bike before school?"

"Uh, yeah. I love my bike. " She looks towards another cheerleader and laughs. "Do you have a problem with me and my bike?" I ask her.

"You serious? You can't just ride that to school and expect people to like you." Eliza replies.
Not even an hour into my first day of school and I'm about to get into an argument.

"I'm not here to make friends. If I want to ride my bike I will." I turn my back to the group and start walking to the door.
"Oh wow. Sorry for trying to help you." Eliza says as she leans towards James. He leans away from her, missing her kiss. 
The bell rings and everyone rushes through the door. James meets me at the door. "Sorry, Eliza's a bit of a bitch at times. What class do you have first?"

"Sport with Mr F" I reply as we leave the class room. "Cool. Another class with you" James says with a smirk as we walk to the gym.