Status: Hard at work, I really gotta soul search for this.

Before all is forgotten.

Life is like a clock.

We are rushed to and fro by the movement of time. Before we are even born our lives are being set before us. When we are able to talk we are sent off to school to be taught. When we master those things we move up a level. We go level by level, hardship by hardship and all the while we are being guided and maneuvered.

But once we're on our own. We're lost. Mistakes are easily made and those mistakes stay with us and follow us. Jake was never open about how she felt. She openly despised people, and she openly despised herself. The cuts on her arm were never hidden, the scars were raised and numerous. The hollowness of her voice was apparent and the distant look in her eye bore into everyone's soul.

Jake was only 17 when things became too tough. High school was ending, this was the last week in fact. Today is May 19th it is six o'clock in the morning and Jake was staring out her window. She couldn't sleep, it was hard for her to sleep as of late. She stared out of her window looking at the houses across from her own. They were dark, asleep. The light from the rising sun was growing ever so closely. But Jake wasn't watching the sunrise. She was thinking, her mind was racing over every detail of this last month.

A week ago Jake's longest relationship ended abruptly. One day she was at school laughing and smiling with her girlfriend Ashley, then when she came home ready to talk to Ashley until they both fell asleep but instead she came home to a break up message. It was long, and emotionless. Jake didn't cry, Jake didn't feel anything. Jake read the messages over and over, she took all of it in. She sent her side and read Ashley's rebuttals which were cold and mean. But the fight subsided, in the end Jake lost the love of her life. She was hollow. She still smiled the same, laughed the same, and acted the same. But inside there was nothing.

Ashley was half a year of Jake's life, granted there have been longer relationships that have ended and six months is nothing compared to that. But it was also three years gone, all in one message. Jake wasn't the same after that day. She never would be again.
♠ ♠ ♠
The fact that it's my name in this story is just so it's easier for me to write instead of spending an hour searching for a name I can stand to type over and over. And I'll be using names out of my own real life. I really want to finish this story, and I really want to make this good. Bare with me please.