Status: hey if you want to cont. then message or comment. even if just one person is reading it ill keep writing

Touching Them

its fine

The new walls seemed to shrink in on me as I sat on the edge of my bed, my new room had been unpacked and set up.

I sighed, "Tara! pizzas here!" that my dad, David. He's the one that came up with this grand plan.

His plan was that since mother left him, we should start a new... get away from the memories.

I got up, heading down the steps. Though I would have preferred to stay were I was, I didn't care.

The steps creaked under my weight as, I bounced down them. He had found the cheapest house in this small town. Which just happened to be the creepiest one here.

It looked like one of though's houses from a movie were all the kids said, "don't go in there...its haunted! one kid went in there and he never came back!".

I laughed to my self. "what's so funny?" I sat next to my dad on the couch.

"nothing just thinking about this house". I grabbed some pizza, I hope its not haunted though. me and ghosts? Yeah, we don't go together.

"apparently no one lived there in over 20 years...the last family that lived here vanished...everything still in the house but they were gone Sept for some clothes and they're car."

I froze, "thanks dad... just what I wanted to hear." I took my plate heading up to my room.

"don't forget schools tomorrow." I rolled my eyes.

I starred at the poster covered ceiling, tomorrows school. ill probably be an even bigger freak then when I was at my old school.

I was a kid meant to be in the 60's I swear. I was the old school kid... and everyone Sept for a few stayed clear of the freak.

I remembered my first day of high school...

FLASHBACK-

I had worn some jeans with a t shirt and a Jean jacket... that's not even that much right?

well to them it was... it was a prep school. Valley girls, yeah.

So me and my friend James we went together and as soon as I stepped on the schools property. They were all giving me dirty looks, and laughing at me.

So when I walked into the first class and I sat next to robin...the queen bitch.

She had a fit, "Mr! I am so not sitting with this thing! I mean like ill so catch ugly!"

The teacher just looked at me... "Tara please sit in the back... Try not to cause any more problems."

I could feel my jaw hit the floor... what had I done?! But by the end of the day... I was depressed and used to it.

Two weeks in and even James stopped talking to me giving me pity looks every now and then. But nun the less... I was the greaser basically.

That was my nickname anyway.

REAL LIFE-

I wasn't ugly though, not to me or anyone else... I even got the remark. "oh if only you would put that pretty face to use." By nun other then robin.

I was fit, slim and pale. I had dark blond curly hair, with blue eyes. I looked nothing like my parents, it actually made me wonder if I was adopted.

But I never asked, the house creaked all threw the night I couldn't sleep.

DREAM-

"Tara..." there was a boys voice. "Your odd."

There was a park... dusty and old. the swings were swinging. I stood there in a daze.

"Hello?" there was silence.

real life-

"Tara, honey wake up."

I sat up looking at my door way. My dad stood there looking quiet tired him self.

"I don't want to go!" I groaned, pulling my self up.

"I know but you'll be fine." he closed my door.

"Yeah, yeah..." I pulled on my blue jeans, and a black tank top. I pulled on chucks and my leather jacket. I looked for my back pack. "dad!? Were's my back pack?"

"its in your room." I blinked. "no its not."

my dad walked in my room, "Tara seriously? its right behind you." he walked back out. I wiped around it sat in the middle of my bed. what the... that was not there a second ago.

I picked it up... that's creepy. I took a breath. just forget it, lets get our butt to school. I grabbed my skate board. I ran down the steps. "bye dad." I busted out the door, and threw the board on the ground, jumped on and was off.

The town was small and quiet, so when I came busting down the street on my board the clicking sound it made seemed really loud.

The school was about ten minutes away. When I got to the school there was like no one there, guess I'm early. I stopped picking my board up.

The school looked kinda crappy. The bricks seemed a old orange color and as I went inside the paint was chipped.

I went to the main office. the lady looked up at me, then gave me an odd look. "Tara?"

"yeah that's me."

"I have your schedule right here, hold on dear." She turned in her chair looking threw her desk. Then she handed me a yellow envelope. "there you go, Hun."

"thanks..." I walked out looking threw the envelope forms, school rule book, and my schedule. I headed to my first class 12 th grade ca.( English )

when I walked into the room, an very old guy looked up at me and froze. "Tara?" damn, they were sure to learn my name fast.

"yeah..."

"your in 12 th grade now?"

I raised my eye brows. "now? yeah."

he looked down confused. ookkkaaayyy then, "I'm poppy just call me that."

"okay poppy got any seats open... preferably in the back... alone." he nodded, he raised hand to the corner of the room.

I nodded heading to the back. "so Tara hows the town?"

I shrugged, "extremely boring..."

he laughed roughly. "Yeah? I agree... wasn't when I was a kid though..."

"must have been fun."

"it was... but also it was dangerous." I nodded. I had a window seat lovely.

"class will be starting soon."

The bell finally rang, meaning students would be coming in soon. I had to admit I was kinda worried. But then again I didn't care.

A few students walked in looked at me a second then lost interest, fine with me. Only like 10 more students came in the looked at me until the bell rang. I starred right back. the teacher stood.

"Students yes we have a new student, Tara is her name." They looked from him to me then down at they're work.

Except one girl and I could tell... She had bitch written all over her.

I glared at her, then she smirked.

Then turned to the teacher. "poppy sir?" She said it in a sweet voice.

"yes Jen?"

"Tara just flicked me off!"

I burst out laughing, every looked at me shocked. Poppy looked over at me then at Jen.

"Tara? no she didn't... stop lying." Jen's jaw dropped, she must have been used to getting here way.

Just for the hell of it when she looked over at me angry I actually did flick her off. Some of the students snickered.

The rest of the day carried on like this me and Jen were officially enemies.

At the end of the day I was about to head home when a group was suddenly around me. I was being face down my a tall boy, he was kinda cute. But something told me he didn't think I was cute.

"so your the new girl huh?"

I shrugged, "Maybe, maybe not." He glared down at me.

"We have this thin were the new kick gives us they're money for a week every month."

The smile slipped from my body. That was thee stupidest thing I have ever heard. "That's dumb." I shoved past him.

He grabbed my shoulder and shoved me on the ground. "Wow, frank calm down."

I was being helped up. "Fawn, shut up."

My vision focused, a thug looking white girl came into view. The others scattered.

"Thanks I guess, could have handled that." She grinned at me.

"Hey its cool you seem pretty tough, Dress a bit weird but it looks good."

I picked my skate board up. "Thanks."

She walked beside me, "Say are you the person who moved in to the haunted house. Haunted... a shiver ran up my spine.

"I guess."

"wow... did anything happen yet!?" She starred up at me with hazel eyes.

"no... its all fine." She laughed, there's posts to be a boy in there."

I groaned, "that's great, i got to go."

She nodded. "yeah, see yeah later."

I skated to my house. Haunted... that better have been a joke.
♠ ♠ ♠
_____________________________________________________________________________________
hey guys :3 if you like the story then please tell me! also if you want me to continue if i haven't!