Status: updates will be random

It's the End of the World

Protective

I watched as the girl, Dallas, walked into the Greene home. Apparently, she knew Hershal's girl and Hershal knew the girl. I thought back when she wad tackled to the floor. Something insidr be tugged. I was worried 'bout her. I never worry 'bout no one but myself. But something about this young girl called to me. As if I knew she or some shit like that. Glancing over at Rick and Shane, I saw that they were both in a heated argument. I knew they were talking 'bout Dallas. Rick wants her to stay while Shane wants her to leave. He don't give a fuck that Dallas save Carol's little girl. Wonder how she kept that girl safe. Thinking back, I realized that lil Sophia has a machete strapped to the side of her hip.

Shaking my head, I walked towards my tent and crawled in. Sighing, I closed my eyes and let myself rest fully for the first time in days.

*************

I shot up, fully alert, when my tent was shaking. Getting my knife, I quickly raised it and opened the falp.

"Whoa! Don't kill me!" I heard Dallas unmistakable voice say.

Blinking a couple of times, my vision fully cleared and I realized Dallas was kneeling infront of my tent, the lil baby girl she came here with cluthced ro her chest.

"What ya doin' here? I mumbled as I rubbed my eyes.

"Rick said to ask ya if ya would let me sleep in yer tent tonight. Hershal ain't got enough room for lil Carlie and I."

I looked at the girl in the eye. Eyes that looked exactly like my own and my ma. Nodding my head, Dallas smiled and quickly hugged me. I stiffen, just as I did before. Never been in a situation like this, so I dint do anything. Pulling back, she looked over her shoulder. Looking to where she was looking, I saw that she had her eyes on the firenpit I made when I moved away from the camp a couple days before when I moved away from the camp.

"Want some squirrel?" She asked as she looked at me.

"Ya like squirrel?" I asked, shocked.

Dallas nodded her head before standing and making her way over towards it. I watched as Dallas placed the lil girl down on the ground before making a fire. She took her small side pack off and took out three meaty lookin' squirrels. Getting out, I sat beside the lil girl. As soon as I did, the lil girl looked over at me with hazel eyes before struggling to her feet. I watched as she keptb her lil eyes at me and started taking small steps towards me. I heard a gasp of excitment. Looking up, I saw Dallas looking at the lil girl with teary eyes.

"She's taking her first steps,"Dallas mumbled, smilin' big.

I nodded and looked back at the lil girl to see that she was right in front of me. I saw that she was losing her balance. Quickly, I darted my my hands out and caught her before she fell on her lil ass. I heard Dallas chucklin'. Holding the lil girl, I looked up to see Dallas skinning the squirrels. Gutting them and taking the organs out, she shoved them in sticks, she placed them on the fire. Taking out a large water bottle and some soap, she washed her hands before taking a seat beside me.

"Who taught ya how ta skin em squirrels?" I asked her after a moment.

"My uncle Merel," she said with a shrug.

I choked on my breathe.

"He did?" I chocked out.

"Mmhmm," she said with a smile.

"He was there when ya were born?" I asked.

Dallas shook her head and spoke,"he wasn't and neither was my daddy. Ma told me that daddy dint want me and didn't want anything to do with me. I knew she was lying whenbUncle Merle came and basically saved me."

"Saved ye how?" I asked, very interested not.

Dallas was quiet for a coupke on minutes, leaning forward to flip out meal before sitting back.

"Ma picked up a guy at the bar. I was about seven or so. She made me wait outside the car as her and a man who gave her money go in. It was late and I was gettin' very tired. Out of nowhere, a man came and snached me up. I screamed and cried and yelled for someone to come and save me. No one came and I was about to give up till he came. Knocked the fucker out and kneeled infront of me. Something flashed througb his eyes and he brought me into a hugm I was so scared and was bout ta uell when he said he was my uncle. I believed him cuz we got the same eyes. He ripped Ma a new one. Ma was scared shitless. She kept fucking round, but uncle Merel came round everyday to make sure I was sade and did my school work. Everytime i brought good marks, he'd takebme huntin'. I was bout ten the first time he took me huntin'. Gave me mah first crossbow too. Brought down mah first deer. He was so pround. And I asked him. I asked him if my daddy would have been pround of me too. Uncle Merel stayed silent for a few moments, then, he kneeled in front of me, placed his hands on my shoulders, looked me in the eye, and said,'girly. Yer daddy would have been very proud of ye. Ye his pride and joy. He loves ye. Just cuz he works lot don't mean he don't love yeh.'"

As she spoke, I finally got the answers for the question I had in my mind. I've always wondered why Merel was always out. Never answering my questions when I asked and always got defensive.

"Do yeh know yer daddy's name?" I asked

Dallas nodded as she took the now cooked squirrels off the fire

"His name is Darly. Just like.... you.'

Dallas looked at me, her eyes filled with unshead tears. Her eyes darted all over my face and her mouth opened in shock.

'Daddy?" She whispered softly.

"I believe so," I said with a nod of my head.

Dallas let a tear fall and she leaned close to me. Wrapping my arms around her, I hugged her, my lil girl, tight.

I thought I lost her when her Ma said she was getting an abortion, but she was here. She was safe. And all thanks to my son of a bitch crazy brother.
♠ ♠ ♠
So.... Daryl knows! Sorrt this is going fast. Drama might be coming up next:D please
Comment
Recommend
Subscribe
Please:)