Status: updates will be random

It's the End of the World

Still Standing

It has been a couple of hours, I can tell by the proximity of the sun, since Rick and I have left the farm. It was quiet between Rick and I. It was a comfortable one. But at the same time, it was a painful one. My thoughts of lil Carlie consumed me. My heart ached every time the image of her small, bloody body flashed though my eyes. Tears silently fell.

She was gone. And their was nothing I could have done about it. Despite the short time I had her with me, I grew close. Very attached to her.

"Dallas?" I Heard Rick say

Shaking my head, I wiped my eyes quickly before turning to him. He was looking straight at me. For some reason, my breathing stopped. He has got to be the most handsome man I have ever laid eyes on. The sun shining through the tree branches casted a shadow over his eyes, letting me see his blue eyes more clearly.

"Yes?" I asked, clearing my throat.

"Are we going the right way?"

Looking away, I looked at the forest around me. The familiar rock that was in a shape of a dog was to my left.

"We going the right way," I said, nodding my head.

I heard him hum before we lasped into silence.

It was silent for a while before Rick began to speak up.

"Dallas. I'm sorry about what happen bout your lil girl. No woman should ever go through something like that."

I looked at him, tears in my eyes and I felt a single tear roll down my cheek.

"Thank ya, Rick. I really appreciate it. I really hope Shane gets what he deserves. I just shot him, but I would have done a lot worse if y'all hadn't come out and if Carlie wasn't with me."

What would you have done?" Rick asked.

I stayed quiet for a moment before speaking my mind," I would have hanged him from his legs. Let the blood flow down. Cut him up a hit, then cut him deep enough to let his blood pour out. Cut off his dick. He ain't no man. He a fucking pussy. Piece of no good shit."

Looking at Rick, I saw that he was stunned silent. He was looking at me with wide eyes and mouth slightly handing open.

"We almost their. Just bout a mile to go."

The rest of the way we both made small talk and lil jokes here and there. Rick kade me feel something that I haven't ever felt before. Something inside me fluttered and I felt warm spread through my insides. I couldn't keept my eyes off him. He made me feel. Looking froward, i saw that we reached my home. Everything was still in tacked and nothing was disturbed. Getting off the horse, I steppes towarss the steel gates and pressed the ketly code.

"This it? How does it still have power?" Rick asked from beside me.

"I made sure everything is water powered. Tapped into a under water ravine, used that and their is a river not far from my home. I use that as well. I recycle the water that I use and when shit hit the fan, I raided a shit load of stores. Got a big rig and filled it to the brim with supplies and clothing and food and medicine."

Rick looked at me with awe in his eyes.

"I have enough room for all y'all and then some. Made sure everything is secured. Everything is made from stainless steel and unbreakable glass. See those steel and concrete walls on the side od each window? Those close over the windows."

"This is amazing,"Rick whispered,"ya made this yourself?"

I nodded, pride filled though me.

"It's still standing. We can move here. Safe for us all."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updateing in a while! Hope you still reading!
Please
Comment
Recommend
Subscribe!:D