Sequel: Fallen into Place
Status: Finished

Try to Live

We Gotta Go Back In Time

"And last but not least, this is Andrew." Collin pointed to a small brunette teenager. Collin lived in the house next to Jessie, who had the lake house. He was introducing everyone to all his friends. "There. Now you know everybody. Lets go swimming!" He shouted and charged towards the water, people following his lead.

Alice laughed and went to grab a water that was in the cooler. She twisted the cap and turned, being startled when she saw the boy named Andrew standing behind her.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." He reached past her and grabbed a water also. "So you live in Pittsburgh?"

She nodded and stepped towards the beach.

"Does that mean you're a Penguins fan?"

Alice laughed and shrugged, walking away from him and towards the dock. "Guess you're just going to have to find out."

Alice had been keeping her eye out on Andrew for the day, and vice versa. Alice saw some girl talking to him and he looked rather uncomfortable. She took this as a chance to talk to Andrew again.

"Andrew!" She squealed and wrapped her arms around him, definitely taking him by surprise. "Baby wanna take the boat out?"

He recovered fast though by wrapping an arm around her shoulder. He shot the women he was talking to a smile before leading them far enough away from her. "Thanks, you're a life saver."

"No problem. I saw you looked... weirded out."

Andrew laughed and nodded in agreement. "We're going to have a bonfire soon, sit by me?"

Alice smiled. "Of course."

Andrew grinned still having his arm securely around her as they both stepped in sync to where chairs were all around an unlit fire pit. They sat down on a chair big enough for the two of them, though it was a little squished they didn't mind, and waited for Collin or someone to start the fire. People began filling up the spots and crowded the area. Another person lit a fire on the other side, making people move over there and giving Andrew and Alice space.

Most of the people sitting by them were Andrew's teammates and friends, and some he didn't even know. Which Alice was happy for because she knew all her friends would be giving her googly eyes and making kissy faces. They weren't a very mature bunch.

Alice had a sweatshirt on, but the hot flames got her to take it off. She was wearing a muscle tank top, thank her brother for that. He said it would draw the boys away from his baby sister, but obviously it wasn't working. Andrew laughed and squished her closer to his side, unwrapping his arm from her and grabbing her hand instead, intertwining their fingers.

They made s'mores, getting marshmallow all over each other's face. And on purpose too. The girls around them swooned, except one which Alice recognized as the chick from earlier. Her look was like she wanted to tear Alice's head off and throw it in the fire.

"You're here for the whole spring break right?" Andrew asked before kissing her cheek lightly.

She nodded, "yep, well except I leave Sunday morning."

He smiled. "Guess we're going to have to make it the best spring break ever. You'll never forget this one."

"Okay, we'll see about that, Andy."

"You know," he stood up, tugging her with him as he led her towards the dock. They walked down to the edge where they sat down and put their feet in. He finally looked her in the eyes. "I don't really like people calling me Andy. But when you say it, I like it."

Alice giggled and bumped her shoulder with his, coming aware at how close she was exactly with him. "I feel honored."

"You should!" They both laughed, falling into a comfortable silence. Andrew looked at her. She looked so perfect to him. Her hair was a light brown, down to her mid back and it was in waves that had worn off through the night. Her jean shorts were dark and awfully short, but he didn't mind at all. She was covered up in a damn sweatshirt all night and Andrew just wanted to see what she looked like under. And since she took it off, he couldn't feel happier. She was the most gorgeous girl he had ever met. He lightly touched her chin, making her turn her attention to him. She looked straight into his eyes, both of them melting. Neither of them know, or ever will figure out, who leaned in first, but it didn't matter. They kissed softly, yet with urgency. Both of them wanted this.


Image

"I say we go out on the boat or something," Sandy whined standing up and grabbing the empty bowl that was once filled with chips and walking to the kitchen to put it in the sink. She came back in the living room and looked at everyone expectantly. "Well?"

"I say we go!" Collin stands up and basically picks up Jessie. It was obvious they had something going on, and they were lucky enough to be able to see each other more frequent. Alice, and Andrew, would be lying if they said they weren't jealous of the fact.

The St. Chatharines natives, or just people who were living there like Andrew, made sure to point things out when they went boating. Andrew, Collin, John, Abby, and Nikki were the residents there. Abby was dating John so she was there and Nikki was friends with Abby, so that's why she was there. Then the people from Pittsburgh
we're Alice, Jessie, Sandy, Carly, Ben, and Jake. There were eleven people on the pontoon so things were a little tight.

Alice sat on Andrew's lap, and the other couples sat the same. When they stopped because some of the guys wanted to go fishing, Jessie pulled Alice to the back.

"So what's going on with you and lover boy?"

Alice laughed and rolled her eyes. "He's not a lover boy."

"Oh you know what I mean!"

She shrugged. "He's hot, what else can I say? Well, he's nice too, and really sweet."

"Please don't fall in love on this trip," Jessie groaned and hugged her loosely, burying her face in Alice's shoulder.

"Trust me, I won't. It's a one week thing. No attachments." Alice lightly pushed herself away and went back to the chair her and Andrew were sharing. She was slightly disappointed about the whole one week fling thing. She knew it was like that, but hearing herself say it kind of bummed her out.

Andrew came back to sit down a few minutes later though and gave her a kiss. Which instantly cheered Alice up. She settled herself back on his lap as the boat took off again to another place on the lake to fish. No one was having luck today.

"So I was wondering if I could take you out to dinner tonight." Andrew swung their hands back and forth as they walked back up to Jessie's house.

They stopped once they reached the bottom of the porch. Alice smiled up at him. "I'd love to. What time should I be ready then?"

"Five, sharp." He winked down at her before giving her a quick kiss on the cheek and a hug.

Alice was sitting on the bed with Jessie, taking deep breaths and waiting for Andrew to pick her up. Jessie laughed at her best friend and continued to rub her back.

"Settle down, Ali. It's just a date."

"With Andrew," Alice added and stood up, smoothing out the yellow sundress. She slipped on the brown sandals and pushed the bangs back out of her face.

"Let's fix your hair. It's in your face, babe." Jessie went into the bathroom and came back with just two bobby pins. The door bell rung causing Alice to let out a squeak and tell Jessie to hurry up.

"Andrew's here!" They heard Ben yell from downstairs. Jessie pulled back her bangs off to the side and pined them. She had side bangs so it was easy to do that.

Soon Alice and Andrew were on their way to a restaurant that he picked out. It was quiet yet very classy and nice. He smiled at her from across the table, a very cheesy smile. Alice giggled.

"You look gorgeous tonight." Alice blushed and looked down at the table, trying to hide her heated face.

"Thanks."

After dinner Andrew took Alice by the lake. Except it was a boardwalk in town. He laced their fingers together and brought it up to his mouth, kissing her hand. He guided them to a bench facing the water and the sun that was setting. Alicw hummed, leaning into him. Andrew kissed her cheek before turning her head and kissing her lips.


Image

Alice laughed into her phone. Of course her best friend would try to crack jokes even though she had just broken up with her boyfriend. It was typical Jessie though.

"Well I gotta go Jessie. Are you sure I don't have to kick Collin's ass?"

She laughed quietly. "I'm positive. I miss you, I can't wait till you come back home."

Alice didn't exaclty have to stop talking to Jessie, but her hand was starting to freeze off from the cold wind blowing around her. It wasn't just the air blowing off from Lake Michigan, it was also the middle of December and it had just stopped snowing.

She kept her head down to try to keep some body heat, but that didn't last long as her body was falling to the ground and into the little layer of snow.

"I'm so sorry," the man apologized and helped her up off the ground. He picked up her now broken phone. "And about this. I'll get you a-" he stopped in mid sentence when Alice looked up. His mouth went dry and then a smile stretched across his face. "Alice! From Pittsburgh?"

She cocked her head to the side, staring at him with confused eyes. "Andrew!" She remembered and surprised him by throwing her arms around his neck.

"So, instead of buying you a new phone, will dinner work?"


Image

"Andrew, I'm just asking you to load the dish washer. At least once a week."

He rolled his eyes and collapsed on the couch. It was not in hiding anymore that Alice was starting to get on his nerves with all these chores he had to do. The older guys always teased him about it because they said he was finally going to have a job.

"Once a week. That's all I ask for."

"And what if I'm away for that week? Will I have to fly back just to load the fucking dishwasher?"

"This isn't what it's about, Andrew. And you know that."

He sighed and settled more in his seat, remote in hand and eyes glued to the tv as he flipped through channels.

It also wasn't secret that he had been getting some attention lately. Some female attention. He would never cheat on Alice though, he could never do that. Even though he's never admitted it, he was in love with her. Since they were teenagers. But now, he was curious with everything, he saw that the single guys get to take all these beautiful women home, and he always came home to a sleeping Alice. He knew he was most at fault and to blame because he wasn't rushing back to her after games. Instead he liked to go out with the guys.

"I'm just sick of this Andrew, I'm not your maid, I'm your girlfriend."

He sighed, still not taking his eyes off the screen while she stood off to the side with her arms crossed over her chest. "Yeah, about that. I think that maybe you shouldn't be my girlfriend anymore."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is by far one of my favorites. I just couldn't resist the urge to write him as a teen! And now you know how they broke up as well! Whatta dick, yeah?

SOOOOO I saw Nick Leddy in person, and now I've got an obsession with him. (Trust me, he is way better looking in person, oh my god. And he's really nice). And with every obsession comes A FANFIC.

SOOOOO getting to the point. Would any of you read a fanfic about him?? I know he's a not a fan favorite or anything, but I'm just curious if you would!