Sequel: Fallen into Place
Status: Finished

Try to Live

This Is How I Show My Love

"You want me to get some lunch for you or anything? I'm making a sandwich for myself and I can always make you one."

Andrew took the ice pack that was wrapped once in a towel off his head. He squinted from the light and groaned. He got hit in the face by a puck the other night and Andrew was now feeling the affects.

"Here." Alice set down a turkey and cheese sandwich on the coffee table in front of him. "If you need anything just tell me, I'll be here."

"Can you feed it to me?"

Alice laughed, "what?"

"The light hurts my head, please," Andrew begged, sitting up with the ice pack still over his face.

Alice stood up and went to sit by Andrew. He turned his face towards her and opened his mouth wide, making Alice giggle. She held it up, putting it by his mouth.

"Bite," she commanded and he bit down and began chewing it.

Once he was done eating he sat back relaxed and patted his stomach.

"Thanks." He smiled smugly straight ahead before removing the ice pack and looked towards Alice. She gasped while he just laughed.
"Liar!" She accused. "You made me feed you!"

Andrew chuckled and reached out for her and crushed her to his body. She squished up against his side, enjoying the feeling of it though. She missed feeling him beside her.

Someone knocked on the door, but neither got up to get it. They were both enjoying the contact. The person pounded on it again.

"Open up Shawzy, I know you're in there!" It was Patrick. Of course he would be the one ruining their moment. Andrew opened the door and Patrick walked in smirking. "Finally, what were you guys doing in here?"

"Hey she has a boyfriend," Andrew reminded him as they both sat down on both sides of Alice.

"Ooh." Patrick's eyes twinkled. "Are you going to eat that?" He asked referring to Alice's sandwich she still hasn't gotten the chance to eat yet.

She handed Pat one half while she kept the other. He ate it happily, well they knew that because he kept humming the entire time. Finally Andrew told him to shut up, but he just got a grunt and even louder humming in return.

"Your school year's almost done," Patrick stated the obvious and grabbed the remote, turning it to some action movie. "What are you going to do after?"

"Go to work and apply for even more classes next year," she chuckled, trying to grab the remote out of his hand, but he held it above his head.

"You're not going back home?" He questioned.

"Well... I have a job now, and of course I'll see if I can get off. It's not like last year when I waited anxiously for the season to be done." She turned her head and stuck her tongue out at Andrew.

Thet had been getting along better. They joked around a lot like before, have nice conversations, and would help each other out. Andrew wasn't nagging Alice about the money and selling it to her, he honestly hoped she would forget and he could stay there.

"Try to get time to come out to Buffalo!" Patrick exclaimed and looked with wide eyes towards her.

"Nah," she lightly passed up the offer.

"You suck." He stood up and headed towards the door, slipping on his shoes. "Oh and Shawzy, we're going out tonight to Pulse at eight, you in?"

"Uh..." he glanced towards Alice quickly. "I'll stay home."

Patrick shrugged. "Well all right man. See you two!" He waved as he walked out the door and shut it behind him.

Alice started giggling as soon as he left, making Andrew look at her confused. She shook her head, picking up the plates and putting them in the dishwasher. When it was loaded she turned it on and headed back to the living room, except sitting on a chair instead of next to Andrew.

"Patrick actually thinks I'll visit him."

Andrew laughed and shook his head. "You should go in August, before out training camp begins. I'm visiting him then, and so are some of the other guys."

She shrugged and pursed her lips, side glancing at Andrew, but he didn't seem to notice. Alice kicked up her feet on the coffee table and leaned back. "So why aren't you going out tonight?"

Andrew knew she was going to ask that question. It was just her being curious. "I just didn't feel like it." He put his own feet on the table now. "I'd rather just relax."

Alice nodded, but said no more. She didn't exactly know what to say. He was always out on Friday night, and having him around slightly put her off her usually doings. Even when they were in a relationship he would go out every Friday night with his teammates, and usually she would come with. Tonight she was planning on maybe soaking in a bath and reading a book, but with Andrew staying, she didn't exactly know what her plans were for the night now.

"Do you want to go out for a movie tonight?"

Alice looked at Andrew. He was dead serious, with his brown hair tossed carelessly, matching brown eyes, and his face all bruised and cute. He looked perfect to Alice.

"I would love too."

Image

Alice's birthday was fast approaching, as well as the playoffs, and she knew the boys had something up their sleeve. Everytime she walked in the locker room, they would all giggle like teenage girls. It was Patrick who really gave it away though.

"So what's your favorite animal?"

Alice narrowed her eyes at him, slowly crossing her arms across her chest. "Why?"

He shrugged, she could see sudden panic flare in his baby blue eyes. His gaze quickly went from one side of the hall to the other. "No reason." Alice could tell that was a lie.

"Domestic or not?"

He swallowed, he thought he would be able to just fire questions at her without her being so leery. Well he learned something new today; she was very observant. "Come can't I just ask a random question," he laughed, shaking her shoulders.

"Well, I really like dogs, but I've always wanted a cat."

Patrick smiled. "Awesome, well I got to get ready bye." He kissed both of her cheeks before scampering off to the dressing room.

Alice laughed to herself thinking about how obvious Patrick had been. They obviously sent the wrong guy because he had no acting skills whatsoever. It was better that Jonathan's though.

She handed over a woman's change and then printed out a receipt for her. She asked if she could stay while she sobered up more and of course Alice couldn't say no to her. It was just Alice for the day, for Bella called in sick, but Alice just guessed she didn't want to leave Viktor's bed. She shuddered at the thought.

Her phone buzzed in her jean pocket. Unlocking the phone and lazily pressing the message icon, a text from Jake popped up. She didn't mean to, but she groaned.

From: Jake

Happy early birthday! Wish I could be there, jk I don't. I just hope your day is wonderful and you get back together with Andrew


She rolled her eyes, a smile tugging on her lips as she dialed his number. He answered on the second ring, and by the way his voice sounded, he was happy.

"You know we have to 'break up' for me to get back together with him. Even though he's not fond of you, he wouldn't want me to cheat on you. Especially with him."

"He doesn't like me?" He gasped dramatically. "I know the perfect idea. Your birthday is in three days. I could 'break up' with you tonight, and you could act all sad and shit and Andrew will feel sad and comfort you and bam, you're back together."

"And how would we get back together?" She rested her chin on the palms of her hands as her elbows sat on the desk.

"Well I don't exactly know how he would, but I'm going to guess that when it's your birthday he's going to give you a little present." He smirked to himself, even though by passers on the street looked at him oddly. "And by present I mean his dick."

"Jake!" She exclaimed with her eyes wide. But he didn't say anymore. "His dick isn't small."

Jake's loud laughter was all she could hear. After five minutes he still continued giggling. "I'm literally crying right now, Ali." She shook her head and leaned back in the comfy chair. "I'm at the office. I'll call you in a few days to see what happened and everything."

"Alright. Talk to you later, Jake."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay I made a mistake by posting the sequel, and in the summary it's kind of a spoiler so what ever you do, do NOT CLICK ON THAT LINK.

And to clear things up, this story is not over! There is ten chapters, the last being a epilogue.