Sequel: Fallen into Place
Status: Finished

Try to Live

And Now I Need To Know If This Is Real Love

Nobody spoke of that night after it happened. Not even any teammates who saw it happen ask about it. Alice and Andrew continued on their day, still acting as friends. Sure, there was some awkward glances the next day, but no words were spoken about it. Andrew lost some sleep, but the team still was able to get by the first round, and now they were waiting to see who'd they face in second round. But Andrew was waiting for another thing. Brandon to get here so he could pack up his things in his truck.

Alice and Andrew sat on the couch in silence. There was nothing to say. Both were sad Andrew was leaving, he didn't want to go. Alice had grown used to caring for Andrew in a non relationship, and a relationship way, and now that he was leaving, things were going to get boring around the house.

Brandon knocked on the door before opening it. He smiled at both of them and gave Alice a hug.

"Hey Alice. Finally relieved the little twerp is leaving?" He knew she wasn't. Everyone knew.

She laughed awkwardly and scratched the back of her head. "It'll be different for a while."

Brandon and Andrew carried down boxes from his room to the truck. It took only about a half hour and once they were done, Brandon went back down to his truck to give them some alone time. Alice honestly never thought this day would come; or at least she hoped it wouldn't. Andrew was a part of her daily life, and since he was leaving, she couldn't help but think about how much her life was changing. She had been living with Andrew for a little over a year. Andrew also knew it was going to be a big change. Switching roommates from a female to male was going to be weird. He wouldn't get a homemade lunch or dinner from Brandon. He wouldn't smell the cinnamon anymore when he walked into the apartment, or the smell of oranges from her shampoo and perfume.

"Well I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'm going to miss you," Alice sighed and took a step closer, putting her hands in the back pockets of her jeans.

Andrew laughed and wrapped his arms around her waist, and she quickly wrapped hers around his neck. "I'm going to miss you too."

They stayed like that well over the friend zone time, and when they pulled apart they both kissed each other's cheek.

"I forgot something in my room, I'll see you later. Remember, you can always call me." Andrew smiled at her before jogging to his room.

Alice walked into her room, afraid that if she stayed where she had hugged Andrew tears would begin to fall. She sniffed, covering her face with her hands. She shouldn't be upset about Andrew leaving; happy is what she should feel. Alice heard the door shut, and that only made her sadder. That door shutting was like the door shutting for her to get back together with Andrew.

Finally after two hours of sulking, she decided to get something to eat. Her stomach was grumbling. Opening a bag of barbecue chips, she settled on the couch, turning on the Lifetime channel. Cheesy movies always cheered her up. She heard rustling from inside of Andrew's room, which made her confused. Nothing was left in that room except the bed.

Stich was moving around a piece of paper on the floor. Alice almost ignored it and let him have his fun, except when it moved to her feet, she saw writing on it and just had to pick it up.

Dear Alice,
I don't even know where to begin. I didn't want to move out, the guys told me I either had to leave or tell you I was still in love with you. Now don't think I'm not, I am. I always was. What kept stopping me from telling you was that I was always scared to get rejected. I thought you got over me when you started going out with Jake.

I was so mean to you at the end of our relationship and after it. I never ment to hurt you the way I did. I never want to hurt you period. Remember those dates I went on? I went on one. And I didn't even stay over with her, I actually went over to Brandon Saad's place. When you got back together with Jake, I about lost all hope. I just tried to keep telling myself you still loved me, and that did work for sometime. I came up with the whole idea of going out with Nikki to make you jealous, but that was just a big flop.

I moved out because I was sure you didn't love me again, and when you told me that you still did when you were drunk, I wish I could've just confronted you the next day and told you I still loved you. But, again I was scared it wasn't true.

I hope you read this before it's to late. You are and will be my only love.

Andrew


The paper was soaked within halfway of reading the letter Andrew left for Alice. She couldn't believe what she had just read. Alice bolted out if the apartment, taking the stairs instead of the elevator because that would take to long. She ran out to the lobby and out to her car. Alice was surprised she didn't get pulled over, she was speeding so fast down the street.

Luckily someone was leaving the time Alice ran up to the apartment building so the woman held the door open for her. She pressed the elevator button, knowing she was not going to run up twelve flights of stairs. When she reached his floor, she quickly walked to the door at the end of the hall. She took a deep breath before softly knocking on the door. Andrew answered, stunned that she was there.

"What are you doing here?" He asked softly.

Alice wiped wet cheeks. "I got your letter-"

He sighed, cutting her off immediately. "Listen. I do love you, even more since I broke up with you. But if you don't feel the same way, I completely understand."

She shook her head, putting both her hands on the sides of his face, kissing him. He was shocked, but reacted quickly by pulling her closer. They pulled away, Andrew wiping her tears away.

"Those are happy tears, right?"

Alice laughed and nodded her head. "Very, very happy." She hugged and kissed him one last time. He invited her in, and she observed the place. It was obviously a bachelor pad. He guided her to his room which was still full of boxes. He dug through one of the boxes and handed her over a pair of sweatpants and shirt.

When she took it hesitantly he had to ask, "you're staying over right?"

Alice nodded, but sighed. "I just want to make sure that if we dated again, it would be a permanent thing. I don't mean like marriage or anything, but you won't just surprise me one day through a phone call that you're breaking up with me."

"I promise," he sat down on the bed next to her, wrapping an arm around her waist. She put her head on his chest. "I will never do that again. You are my only love, I ment everything in that letter."

She closed her eyes and listened to his heartbeat. "You are my only love too."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is short but I hope what happened makes up for it. :)

Awww, what he wrote in the letter :')

There's only an epilogue left, guys! Thanks to everyone who's stuck around for the ride!