18 Today

~

Suny was turning 18 this weekend, and I couldn’t wait; I was throwing her a surprise party and everyone was going to be there.
Suny deserved the best of the best, y’know? She was always there for everyone else, a very selfless person. She put others before she dealt with her own problems, honestly. She was the sweetest person I know and that is one of the many reasons I’m in love with her.

‘Calm down, it’s gonna be perfect, Al. Suny is gonna love it!’ Rian grinned at me as he was attaching ribbons to the balloons. I knew it was going to be a good night, I was just fretting because I wanted everything to be perfect.
I nodded and replied, ‘Yeah, I know. It’s just...she deserves more than the best, dude. I just want everything to be right for her.’

Everything was ready now and as I glanced around the room, I couldn’t help but feel nervous.
‘You should go and collect her. The guests are starting to arrive.’ Zack called from behind the bar. I nodded and took one last glance around the room, exhaling. It was perfect.

Once I was in the car, on the way to pick Suny up, I smiled to myself, remembering when we met. She stood out from everyone else and from the moment I saw her, I knew it was her that I wanted. She smiled politely at me from across the room then stumbled clumsily. It was honestly adorable.

I pulled up outside her house and beeped the horn. She thought I was taking her out for a fancy meal, but I obviously wasn’t.
She stepped out of her house, and of course, she was breathtaking. She was wearing a knee length red and white dress, with black glittery heels, which I’m pretty sure made her taller than me.

‘You look beautiful, baby.’ I smiled as she got into the car. Her perfume smelt sweet to match her personality. ‘Thank you’ she replied, pecking my cheek.

It was crazy how in love with her I was, literally, I adored her so much and I’d do anything for her in a heartbeat.
I drove off as soon as she had clipped her belt in and smiled as she reached over for my hand, lacing our fingers. My heart thudded loudly in my chest, as it always did when she touched me. Her skin was so soft against mine.

I pulled up outside the venue where we were having her party and she looked at me, a hint of confusion clouding her eyes., causing me to chuckle. She was ever so cute when she was confused. ‘Why are we here?’

‘You’ll see.’ I grinned and helped her out of my car, locking it behind me as I directed her inside, where everyone was waiting to surprise the birthday girl.
They all chimed together and screamed ‘Happy Birthday!’ at the same time, the second that we set foot into the room. I leant closer to Suny and whispered ‘Happy birthday, my sweet angel.’ Tears were in her eyes as she covered her mouth from shock, but I could tell she was smiling. The music started booming throughout the room, people crowding around her to give her hugs and wish her happy birthday personally.

I stood and watched, a feeling of warmth overwhelming me as she pulled away from everyone and made her way over to me. ‘You did this.’ I merely nodded and wrapped my arms around her waist, to pull her closer to me, ‘Yes, ma’am I did.’

Suny leant up on her toes and pressed her lips gingerly to my own as her arms found their way around my neck, these are the moments I tend to get lost in a lot. Suny distracted me more often than not, except I have no complaints about that at all. It was always like it was just me and her in the room, no one else.

‘I love you, Alex.’ She whispered as she pulled away, right as our song came on, so I grinned and pulled her back to me ‘Then, may I have this dance?’

She giggled and nodded, placing her small hand in mine and wrapped the other around me, resting her palm on my back. And slowly we danced to Frank Sinatra - Strangers In The Night.

The moments we shared together like this were always perfect. She was just out of this world and I was beyond lucky to have someone so supportive by my side, shaping me into the best possible man I could be.

I knew from this moment on that it was Suny, who I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, so as she rested her forehead to mine, I turned my head enough and lightly brushed my lips across her ear ‘Marry me...’

Her eyes snapped open and looked directly into mine, fingers twisting gently in the back of my hair, making me bite my lip. ‘W,what?’

‘Marry me, Suny. I want you forever and always. Me and you.’

The time it took for her to give me a reply felt like forever, I literally could feel my heart in my throat. But then she finally spoke up, with a light clear of her throat, she then whispered ‘I’d love to, Alex.’

* * *

5 years later.

I watched my wife as she pushed our daughter on the swing from the distance. I had just arrived back from tour and little Rosie was the first to spot me ‘Daddy!’ she shrieked and threw herself off the swing, running towards me. I chuckled and scooped her up into my arms, she looked so much like her mother. So beautiful. I kissed her head and held her close as Suny finally got to me.

‘Hey there you handsome stranger.’ She grinned and slipped her arms around me. With a mumble, I replied with ‘Hey..’ then she grabbed my face and pulled me into a passionate kiss.

This is where I am meant to be, right here with my family.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if it sucks! :( I tried.