Sequel: Damaged Goods
Status: Sequel is up

We Are the Lovers, We Are the Last of Our Kind

I Dreamt About You Nearly Every Night This Week

***Kellin's P.O.V.***

He dumped me. I didn't know how to react. I just cried for days, I literally begged him for another chance, but he wasn't having it. It's been two weeks, and both of us were in horrible conditions. We barely talked to each other. Often during meal times he wouldn't sit next to me, but he'd sit close enough so he could see that I was eating all of my food, and everyday he would ask me if I took my meds. Him checking on me was the only thing that was helping me partially sane. It showed me that he still cared.

I've been really trying to get better for him, but it was hard because I was slowly slipping back into depression. I could feel it. Without him I had no happiness. I've been having the urge to cut lately and I found an old razor in the desk drawer, I hadn't used it yet though. I wasn't sure if it was Vic's or not and I was kinda scared to ask. I was trying my best not to cut because I knew that it'd make things worse and I'd never get him back.

I've been trying to keep my mind off of him by making new friends. One of the new friends I've made is Matty. He's been super nice so far and very understanding of my breakup with Vic. He even listens to me when I vent to him about Vic. He never shows any sign of annoyance, he just listens intently and gives me encouragement when I need it.

We were in the main room and we were supposed to be watching a movie, we weren't really watching it though we were talking through most of it.

"Are you feeling better?" He asked putting a hand on my shoulder.

"To b-be honest, no." I said looking down. "He's all I think about."

"Someone like you shouldn't be worried about him. You're literally perfect. He's not worth it."

"But he is. He's w-worth all of the trouble and f-fighting." I said, trying not to cry.

"You deserve better. You might think that he's the best, but there are better guys out there for you." He said brushing my bangs out of my face. "Guys that would give you anything you wanted."

"I w-want him."

Matty sighed lightly and enveloped me in a hug.

"From what I've heard, I don't like this guy. He's hurt you." He mumbled.

"That's b-because you don't know h-him." I said, getting a little defensive.

"It doesn't matter. I know that he's hurt you. And someone as perfect as you shouldn't be hurt."

"It w-was my f-fault." I said under my breath.

"People make mistakes Kellin."

I didn't reply, I just shook my head. He wrapped me in his arms tightly and sighed, instead of letting me go we stayed like that for a while. I needed a long hug. It'd been so long since I felt loved. I heard shuffling coming from the door. I looked over and it was Vic. He looked at us with a blank expression, went to the table to grab his notebook he must have left in here and then exited the room without a second glance.

~~~~~~~

It was almost time for curfew and I was hugging Matty goodbye.

"Try and sleep tonight, ok?" He said, with a sad smile on his face.

"I'll t-try. Matty, thanks for everything."

"No problem."

I quietly walked to my room with my arms wrapped around myself in order to keep me warm, Christmas was coming soon and it was freezing.

I entered the room and I heard quiet sobbing. I looked over and Vic was in his bed, curled up in a ball crying. When he noticed I was in the room, he quickly began wiping his tears and trying to steady his breathing. He turned to face the wall so I couldn't see it.

"Are y-you ok?" I asked hesitantly.

"No." He blurted.

I wanted to help, to go hug him and kiss him and see what was wrong, but I didn't even know if he wanted me to.

"How can I h-help?" I said, stepping a little closer to the bed.

"I don't know. I'm going insane." He said, sobbing again.

I carefully sat down on the edge of his bed and looked into his eyes.

"W-What's bothering you?"

"You should know." He said looking down.

I paused, unsure of what I should say. It was probably the breakup. But why would it be bothering him so much? He broke up with me.

"Are you with Matty?" Vic asked quickly.

"Why would y-you ask that?"

"You guys are always together. Everytime I see you guys, you are huddled up somewhere and you're whispering. If you're dating him please tell me now, it'll hurt a lot less if I hear it from you."

"No, w-we're not dating. I don't even k-know why you would think that." I paused and bit my lip, "Do you not know that I'm still in love with you? Do y-you think it is that easy for me to get over you?"

Vic paused and he was suddenly crying again. I watched closely as his tears streamed down his face. He was too beautiful to be crying, and it was all because of me.

I gave him a small hug and rubbed his back. It was the most contact we've had in two weeks and it had my heart beating extremely fast.

"I didn't want to do this to us." He said quietly. "I wanted us to make it out of this together."

"M-Me too." I said starting to feel tears roll down my cheek.

"It hurts to not be with you." He said quietly.

If he only knew how much it hurt me too.

~~~~~~~~

"How'd you sleep?" Matty asked.

"Better than the n-night before last." I said, taking a bite out of a waffle.

"That's good." He said, before taking a sip of orange juice. "So I was thinking, do you want to watch a movie in the main room later today?"

"Yea sure."

"I mean like not just a regular movie with a friend." He said before pausing to take a deep breath. "I mean like a date."

"O-Oh."
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Arctic Monkeys- Do I Wanna Know

sorry it's short.

thanks for commenting: IAmNotHuman, Kellicxo, frankieraepain, kittens_and_scars, ashley quinn29, xxcarolineunoxx, Caliso, whiskeyandchemkids.

^^^^ you people are lovely <3

****I'm also taking suggestions for this story, so if you want something to happen or you have a good idea just message me on my tumblr or on here and I'll see if I can make it happen. c:

My tumblr: http://jordandreyer.co.vu/