Sequel: Damaged Goods
Status: Sequel is up

We Are the Lovers, We Are the Last of Our Kind

I Still Think You're Beautiful

***Vic's P.O.V.***

So Kellin and I were currently fighting. He recently told me that Matty had asked him on a date and he was actually considering agreeing.

"Are you fucking kidding me? You told me that you weren't with him." I said, trying to control my anger.

"I-I know. But he j-just asked and he's helped me out so much..." He trailed off.

"Fine." I said, feeling my eyes sting with tears. "Just go Kellin." I walked over to the bed and sat down.

I could feel my eyes began to water so I turned to the side. Why the fuck did I have to cry so much? Kellin turned me soft.

"Vic I don't k-know why you're a-acting like this. You dumped me."

"I didn't want to. And that doesn't mean that it still doesn't hurt."

"I begged you for days to give me another chance." He said stepping closer to me.

"I wanted to." I sighed, letting a few tears fall. "It's more complicated than that."

"Well if there's no c-chance for us, I need to find a w-way to g-get over you." He said, blinking rapidly and looking down, toying with his sleeves.

"You think there's no chance for us? Not now, but in the future." I questioned.

"Vic I d-don't know why you're asking me this. You know if you were to w-want me back that I'd go back to you in a second."

"Do you even like him?" I whispered, changing the subject.

"I d-don't know." He said, nervously biting his lip.

I sighed and put my head in my hands. I really couldn't keep him from dating Matty, it wasn't fair to him. But I was secretly hoping there was a chance that we'd get back together sooner or later. Now I wasn't sure if that was possible.

"You know what Kellin? Do whatever you want." I said crying even more.

"You're acting like I wanted this to happen." He said, sitting next to me on the bed.

I didn't say anything, I just sighed. I missed him so much.

I turned to him so I could get a clear view of his beautiful eyes. He was closer to me than I thought. Without thinking, I hastily pressed my lips to his, he was hesitant at first, but then he eventually kissed back. When kissing him it was like we were the only two people in the world. I blurred out everything around us. He was all that mattered.

After a few minutes my lungs were begging for air. And I finally separated our lips so we could breathe. We didn't separate fully, our foreheads were still touching.

I realized that his cheeks were stained with tears just like mine.

"I h-have to g-go." He stuttered, leaving my grip and rushing out of the room.

~~~~~

We were going out tonight, well some of us. Jack and Alex decided to stay in this time because last time really shook them up.

We were walking down the road to meet up with Tony's friends. I was walking with Alan and Austin and Kellin was walking with Matty. I walked within earshot of them so I could eavesdrop on their conversation.

"Are you cold?" Matty asked, beginning to take off his jacket for him.

"N-No. But t-t-thanks."

That was a lie. He was freezing. I knew this because his stutter was worse than normal, the tip of his nose was red and the way he had his arms wrapped around himself. But of course Matty wouldn't notice, because he didn't know Kellin like I did. Kellin lied because he didn't want to wear his jacket.

"You ok dude?" Austin asked, patting my shoulder.

I nodded and gave him a small smile. I was going to drink tonight. I needed something to numb the pain, just a little bit. Ever since I broke up with Kellin I've been craving things that I'd given up a while ago. Like drinking, smoking and cutting but tonight I didn't care, whatever would stop the pain.

We got to the place shortly. It wasn't a house party like the others we'd been to. It was on the beach with bonfires and a nice beach house.

~~~~~~~~

An hour had passed and I was still on my first beer. I couldn't bring myself to drink any more because I had to keep an eye on Kellin. I tried to convince myself that Matty would do that, but I didn't trust him enough.

I was sitting alone, further away from everyone else at the party. I could still see Kellin and Matty though. I hadn't let them out of my sight all night, it may have been a little creepy but oh well.

I laid back in the sand taking another sip from my half drunken bottle of beer, I took off my shoes earlier so when the water splashed onto the shore, I could feel the water on my feet. After a while I could hear some footsteps coming my way. In my peripheral vision I could see a pale pair of feet making their way towards me. I looked up and saw an attractive girl standing next to me.

"Hey. You look like you could use some company." She said quietly.

I nodded. I really didn't want to be alone at this point.

"Want a cigarette?" She asked, pulling the box out of her pocket.

I nodded eagerly. She pulled two out, one for me and one for herself and sat down. Then handed one to me, she began to light hers and then mine. I took a long drag, enjoying the way the smoke filled my lungs and then released it slowly. I watched her as she did the same.

I slowly examined her. She was a very pretty girl, she had short, dyed light purple hair that was cut into messy layers and almond shaped, deep brown eyes. She was really skinny and a bit taller than me.

"Why are you sitting by yourself?" She questioned.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Not trying to offend you or anything but can you talk?"

I nodded.

"Then why don't you talk?"

I felt comfortable enough around this girl to use my voice, so fuck it.

"I dunno." I said softly. "I just don't talk much. Only around one person mostly."

"Oh. Well you have a nice voice." She said smiling a bit.

"Thanks." I said, looking down. "And you're really pretty." I said, complimenting her back.

"Thanks." She giggled quietly.

There was a moment of comfortable silence as I took another drag from my cigarette.

"Can I have some?" She asked, pointing to the half bottle of beer in my hand.

I nodded and handed it over. I looked over in Matty and Kellin's direction and I saw Matty downing more alcohol and Kellin was looking back at me. He was probably wondering who I was talking to. I looked back over at the girl and she was smiling at me.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"Vic. What's yours?"

"Mae."

I nodded and smiled a little.

~~~~~

I ended up with her number by the end of the night. She wrote it down on a piece of paper for me. We were walking down the road to the asylum and I could see that Kellin was having a hard time walking and Matty was no help, he was even more drunk than Kellin. After watching him fall on his face about 6 times he didn't get up. He just sat there in the dirt. And Matty didn't even fucking stop to help him up, he just kept walking.

What surprised me was that instead of calling out his name, Kellin was calling mine.

"Viccccc." He whined. "Vickkkkkyyy."

Without saying a word, I walked over to him and scooped him up, he climbed onto my back and I began to walk again.

"I love you Vicky." He slurred.

"I love you too Kells."
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: PTV- A Match Into Water

yea sorry if you think this is crappy, I was in a weird emotional state when I wrote this, idk. And I planned to have this up 2 days ago but because of competition season for dance we've been having a lot of late night practices so yea sorry.

***** and I am about ready to wrap up this story in like the next 5 chapters. I was thinking about making a sequel and they would both be out of the asylum and stuff. If you would be interested in that please let me know in the comments, if I don't get much of a response then I'll just end this story and be done with it.

thanks for commenting: IAmNotHuman, kittens_and_scars, MusicMonster17, Kellicxo, xxcarolineunoxx, Caliso, cooca and whiskeyandchemkids.

^^^ thank you so much <3

My tumblr: http://jordandreyer.co.vu/