Sequel: Damaged Goods
Status: Sequel is up

We Are the Lovers, We Are the Last of Our Kind

I Remember When I Knew That You'd Be Leaving

***Kellin's P.O.V.***

It was the day after New Year's and it was also the day that Vic was leaving, I couldn't be any more of a mess. My anxiety level was through the roof. It didn't mix well with his nervousness because he was getting out of here after being trapped in here for so long. I was trying to keep myself from crying in front of him so he wouldn't feel bad, so every time I had to cry I'd turn my back to him or tell him I was going to the bathroom.

I was a little upset when he said that I couldn't go with him but I realized that he was only looking out for me. He said that he wanted me to get better. But little did he know that I couldn't get better without him.

I wouldn't feel safe in the asylum anymore if he wasn't in there with me. He's protected me for so long and now I was vulnerable.
We woke up early and spent the morning packing his stuff. It didn't really take that long, he just had two small suitcases.

"I think this is everything." He said softly.

He was dressed in normal clothes. Mike was coming to pick him up around 12 and I was dreading it.

I nodded and bit my lip, trying not to cry. He came over to me and captured me in a tight, loving hug.

"I love you so much." He whispered, squeezing me a little tighter.

I couldn't even respond. I knew that if I opened my mouth that I'd just start sobbing.

"Don't be sad ok. I don't leave till 12 so we have like 2 hours left." He said with a sad smile.

2 hours. He acts like that is a lot. I was saying goodbye to the one person who had kept me sane in here. And I won't be able to see him for who knows how long.

My thoughts were interrupted by the bell ringing for breakfast.

"We can eat breakfast alone so we can have some alone time."

I nodded. He said his goodbyes to everyone yesterday so we would be able to spend the morning together without interruption.

We made it to the cafeteria and we sat down.

"So babe I decided that I'd come see you at least 4 days a week and the visiting time I chose is from 7pm-10pm so I can see you right before you go to sleep. And for every night that I am not able to visit, I'll call Mitch and he said you can use his phone. Are you ok with that, love?"

"Y-Yea. That'll be nice." I said sniffling lightly, pulling my sleeves over my hands.

I could tell that he was trying to cheer me up, but I was still in too much pain to be happy.

He wrapped his arms around my neck and gave me a gave me a light, loving kiss.

"Guess what?" He said with a smile.

"What?" I replied, slightly smiling because the sight of Vic's smile was contagious.

"Mike pulled some strings for me and he got me a job down here. So while I'm waiting for you to get out. I'll be saving up some money for us."

"That's g-great love." I said, pulling him into a hug.

"Yea. And when you get out we can fly back to San Diego and Mike said we can stay with him until we get on our feet." He said, grinning from ear to ear.

"I can't w-wait." I said feeling a little better.

~~~~~~

***Vic's P.O.V.***

There was now an hour left until Mike would be here and I was freaking out. I didn't know it'd be this hard leaving him here. I was leaving behind the precious boy that meant everything to me.
I wondered how I would be able to cope with his absence. I felt as if I was literally losing a part of me. It was weird. I'd never felt for someone so much and I've learned is that feelings really fucking hurt.

"Baby." Kellin said softly.

"Yea?"

"Are you going to f-forget about me when you get out? I mean, t-there will be a lot of good looking guys out there. What if you fall in love w-with someone else?" He said, biting his lip.

"Don't even think like that, love. I could never forget about you or fall in love with somebody else Kells. No one compares to you, they're not even close."

He nodded and pulled me in for a kiss. He parted his lips slightly which gave me access to his mouth. I massaged our tongues together, savoring the taste of him. I've never loved kissing someone so much in my life. I was going to miss this.

"I have something for you." I said after pulling away.

"Really?"

"Yea."

I stood up and walked to the desk, I opened the drawer and pulled out a notebook.

"I wrote little notes in here for you to read when you miss me." I said, walking over to the bed again.

I handed him the notebook and his face lit up.

"There's over 200 notes. So you'll never get bored with the book." I smiled.

"T-Thank you so much." He said, I could see that there were tears that were threatening to fall.

I leaned in and kissed him gently.

"I also want you to keep one of my hoodies and I want you to wear it when you miss me." I said walking over to my bag and pulling it out. "And my IPod."

"V-Vic I can't keep that, it means everything to you."

"No. You mean everything to me. And I want to give it to you. You're gonna need it more than me." I said while placing the items on the bed.

He attacked me in a hug and let a few tears fall.

"I'm gonna miss you so m-much Vicky." He sighed sadly.

"I'm gonna miss you too Kells." I sighed. "But this will only make our relationship stronger."

~~~~~~~

It was time.

I was standing at exit of the asylum and behind the door was Mike, waiting in his car for me.

I was clinging onto Kellin for dear life. We had been sobbing and hugging for about 15 minutes.

"V-Vic p-p-please don't leave me h-here." He sobbed.

"Baby I have to." I said, my voice cracking a bit because of the crying.

He continued to cry as he balled up his hands, gripping onto my shirt.

"Be strong for me please." I said quietly.

He nodded and attempted to quiet his crying, his whole body was shaking and his eyes were bloodshot red.

I leaned in for a final kiss. I tried my best to pour every single emotion I was feeling into that one kiss.

We pulled apart and rested our foreheads together.

"I love you so fucking much."

"I l-love you t-too." He whispered.

I reluctantly pulled away and walked to the door. I pushed it open and walked out, but not before blowing one last kiss to the love of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: La Dispute- Andria

Sad feels. :c there's a couple more chapters left in the story.

thanks for commenting: xxcarolineunoxx, MusicMonster17, kittens_and_scars and IAmNotHuman.
^^^^^ you guys are amazing. <3