Sequel: Damaged Goods
Status: Sequel is up

We Are the Lovers, We Are the Last of Our Kind

I’ll Keep You Inside My Head

***Vic's P.O.V***

After about an hour on the phone with Kellin he finally calmed down. He agreed with the idea of me coming to get him, but he was still mad that I didn't follow his instructions.
I had no idea how I was going to do this but I know I needed help from Mike and Mae. When we used to sneak out of the asylum Tony used to block the cameras off, he stole the keys from either a janitor or counselor and he would tell us when it was ok to walk through the halls because he knew when the guards wouldn't be paying attention. But now we had to figure it out on our own.

"Hey." Mae yawned from next to me.

"Hey." I smiled.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I just woke up and I got an earful from Kellin." I sighed. "He's really upset."

"Really?" She said, sitting up and facing me.

"Yea. He is already having trouble in there when I see him multiple times a week and so now that we can't see each other at all I don't know what he's going to do." I paused and sighed. "I hate when I don't have access to him. Like I'm constantly worried."

"So what are you doing to do to be able to visit him again?" She questioned.

"I'm going to go get him." I said sternly.

"What do you mean?" She asked, her face twisting in confusion.

"I'm going to go in there one night and take him."

"Hell yeah. That sounds like fun. I'm in." She grinned widely.

This is why I liked her, she wasn't scared of the crazy shit that I came up with.

"Awesome. I could really use your help and Mike's too." I smiled. "We have a lot to figure out."

"I'm excited. But I'm also hungry, let's go eat." She smiled jumping up from the bed with my blanket around her and heading towards the door.

We went to the kitchen and Mae started to make us waffles. I was thankful because I was too stressed to cook at the moment. I was Kellin deprived.

"Sup." Mike grumbled walking in to the kitchen in only his pajama pants.

"Morning." I replied.

He walked up to Mae, who was standing at the waffle maker and grinned. I had no idea why he continued to flirt with her. He was not her type at all, he had no chance.

"Well hello there." He said, raising his eyebrow at her.

I rolled my eyes.

"Hi." She said cheerfully, not even looking up at him.

"Mae, how do you not have a hangover?" I questioned.

"I didn't drink that much last night. I was just buzzed." She replied.

"Oh." I said quietly.

She wasn't that drunk? So she had control over what she was doing. She knew she tried to kiss me. She meant to do it.

I swallowed hard. I imagined what would have happened if I happened to kiss her back. I would have been in so much shit with Kellin. Don't get me wrong. I like Mae and I think she's amazing but I had Kellin and I wouldn't dream of letting him go for anything.

"I'm making bacon and eggs too. Do you want some?" She asked, interrupting my thoughts.

"Um yea. Thanks. You didn't have to cook though."

"I know, but I wanted to." She smiled.

"Well it means a lot." I smiled back.

She began to blush a little and turned back to the stove.

Mike continued to mess with her while she was cooking and I could tell he was annoying the shit out of her.

"Mike I need your help." I said, hoping I could get his attention off of her.

"With what?" He asked coming over to me.

"We're gonna go get Kellin."

"We're breaking him out?" Mike asked excited.

"Yup."

"Let's do it." He grinned.

-

After Mae was done cooking she made a plate for me, her and Mike. She took ours to the living room so we could eat while watching tv.

I began to eat right away. I was one of those people who are constantly hungry. I had no idea why or how I managed to keep my shape, but I do. I looked up and I caught Mae staring at me.

"Is everything alright?" I said after swallowing.

"Yea. You just look adorable when you eat." She giggled.

I chuckled lowly.

"Kellin says the same thing." I smiled.

I fucking missed him. As if on que ny phone rang again. It was laying close to Mae so she tossed it over to me.

"Hello?"

"Hey Vic." Kellin said quietly.

He just called me like an hour ago. Why was he calling again?

"Hi love. Is everything ok?"

"Yea. I just wanted to a-apologize for yelling at you earlier. I know you were just trying to stand up for me. I feel bad for b-being so harsh about the whole thing. I hope you're not upset." He squeaked.

I literally wanted to kiss him right then and there. I could just imagine him blushing right now.

"It's no big deal Kells. You had every right to react the way you did. I was being irrational and I wasn't thinking about the consequences."

He sighed and took a long pause.

"I think the reason that I got so mad was because I'm f-frustrated that you're not here and I'm t-taking it out on you. I'm sorry babe."

"No need to be sorry." I smiled even though he couldn't see me. "And we'll be together soon. We're going to help you get out. I promise. Within the next week you'll be with me." I replied. "But in the mean time I need you to do something. Can you find a way to sneak a set of keys from one of the security guards or a janitor? We kind of need it to get you out."

"Ok. I'll try." He said softly.

I paused for a moment and sighed.

"I miss you." I whispered into the phone.

"I miss you too. I miss everything about you. The way you kiss me awake in the morning, the l-long showers we used to take together, the way you'd hum to when I c-couldn't sleep, the way you'd make me feel secure." He paused for a second. "And how after everyone went to sleep we used to fool around."

I bit my lip. God, I missed that.

"It's n-not as fun when I'm doing it myself." He said, using his innocent voice. "I try to imagine it's you when I do it."

I bit my lip again, this time hard enough to make it bleed. Now I had that mental picture in my head.

"Fuck, I miss that." I practically moaned, momentarily forgetting that Mae was in the room. "But we can't talk about that right now, I'm not alone." I whispered.

"Oh." He giggled.

How was he so perfect?

"I have to go, they're calling for lunch. I'll call you t-tonight."

"Ok. I love you."

"I love you too."

I hung up the phone and sighed. I just couldn't wait until I had him in my arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: B&C- Quake

this story is longer than I intended but whatever.

thanks for commenting: MusicMonster17, Kellicxo, kittens_and_scars and IAmNotHuman. <----thanks<3