Love Isn't Always Fair

Twenty two

Chris and I walked into his house, hand in hand. He got a phone call from his mom when we were on our way back, apparently his dad came back from a huge business trip. Point being, he wants to introduce me to his dad as his boyfriend. I've met both his parents plenty of times before and they're pretty laid back. He told me his mom knows about our relationship but his dad doesn't. He's slightly worried about it and I don't blame him.

He held the door open for me and we walked into his house. I slid my shoes off by the door as he did the same. We walked into the living room to find his father on the couch.

"Hey son," Chris's dad John smiled, getting off the couch. He came over to Chris and embraced him.

"Hi dad," Chris said, wrapping his arms around his dad.

I couldn't help but awe at the sight. It was so cute seeing Chris like this. As they pulled away from each other, John smiled at me.

"Andy, nice to see you again," he said as he took me in an embrace.

"You too, John," I smiled as I wrapped my arms around him.

"I don't remember you being so tall," he chuckled, removing his arms from me.

Chris laughed. "Yeah, he grows like an inch everyday."

"And when did you get so cute?" John cooed, squeezing my cheeks with his hands.

I blushed and laughed nervously. Not that I mind being complimented, but from my boyfriend's father, it's kind of weird. I don't think he will care about me being Chris's boyfriend if he thinks I'm 'cute'.

"Dad," Chris groaned.

He let go of my face, smiling at Chris. "Sorry, I couldn't help it. But anyway, your mom wants us to go out to dinner. Andy you can come along if you'd like?"

I nodded before looking at Chris who smiled at me. It was unexpected though when he grabbed onto my hand, lightly rubbing my palm with his thumb.

"Dad, there's something I have to tell you," Chris said anxiously.

"What is it?" he asked, not noticing our hands.

Chris hesitated before answering. "Me and Andy are uh, dating."

"It's about time," John smiled.

Wait... what? What's that supposed to mean? I was beyond confused right now. I'm pretty sure Chris was thinking the same as I saw the expression on his face.

"Alright, I'm going to get your mother and then we'll be out," he said before walking upstairs.

Chris and I exchanged looks as we smiled at each other. I wrapped my arms around his neck and clung to him. He placed his hands on my waist, pressing his lips to mine. I returned the kiss with as much passion I could put into it. I know he was extremely happy right now, which made me happy.

"You guys ready to go?" his mom asked before we broke away from each other.

He nodded as he grabbed my hand, walking out of his house. Chris decided to take his car and follow them there because his parents were going to a friend's house after. He followed behind his parents to the restaurant, I guess it was some Italian place. But it didn't surprise me since his parents are almost one hundred percent Italian.

"I think my dad approves, huh?" Chris said, breaking the silence.

I nodded before I laced my fingers with his free hand, holding onto it firmly. Chris smiled at my actions as he kept his eyes on the road, not wanting to get into an accident. Eventually we were at the restaurant and I had gotten a text message from my mother, worried as to where I was. I informed her that I was with Chris which she didn't mind one bit, my mom has always loved Chris.

"Party of four?" the hostess asked as we got into the small building.

"Yes," John confirmed.

We were then escorted to a booth from the lady and we took our seats, I sat next to Chris and his parents sat with each other. As we were looking at our menus, I could feel his mom looking at the two of us before she finally spoke.

"We need to do this more often," she said to John.

He looked at her, confused as to what she was talking about. "What?"

"Go out to dinner with them, it's like a-" she paused to think for a moment. "What is it you kids call them? Double dates?"

"Oh my god," Chris groaned before planting his face into the menu.

I laughed at his silly actions and smiled at his mother. She can be so funny sometimes and it was adorable to see Chris being embarrassed.

"Christopher?" she asked as she looked at him.

His head shot up and he gave her a serious look. "Mom, please, don't call me by my full name."

We were all interrupted as the waiter came to our table, and to my misfortunes was someone I knew very well.

"Hello, my name is Kellin, I'll be-" he cut himself off as soon as he saw me. "Y-your waiter this evening. Can I start you off with something to drink?"

As his father was deciding on what to get, I turned to look at Chris. Well he didn't look too pleased to say the least. His hand that was underneath the table was balled up into a fist so I placed my hand on top of his, hoping to calm him down. Chris get angry fairly quickly and sometimes easily jealous. Though I saw the look on his face lighten at my actions before he laced our fingers together.

"I'll have a coke," I told Kellin.

"Same," Chris said in an unpleasant tone.

~~~~~~~~

Somehow, we have managed to get through dinner without Chris biting Kellin's head off. But I wanted us to get along with him, and I was bound to fix it. I was the one who caused all the drama to begin with.

We were on our way back to his house and departed ways with his parents. I could tell he was still a little bit angry, not at me, but I was gonna help him out. He was too tensed up and it wasn't healthy.

As we got back to his house, we took our shoes off by the door and he led the way to his living room. He buried his face into the small pillow on the arm of the sofa before I sat beside him, rubbing his back expertly.

"I love you Andy," he said as he turned his head to face me.

I smiled. "I love you too Chris."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry this took so long :c I promise from now on, I'll be more frequent on updating this. I've put way too much time on my other story and work has been keeping me busy.