Love Isn't Always Fair

Three

I turned around, facing the only person I didn't want to see me cry. Chris.

"What's wrong? Whose ass am I kicking?" he asked.

I sniffed. "No one's."

"Then why are you crying?" he asked, dropping his things to wrap his arms around me. I felt like I could be there like that for hours.

But, we couldn't. So I pulled away from his embrace to explain what happened. "We just watched a really sad movie in psychology. I'm still upset about it."

And what I told him was the truth. The teacher had us watch a video about a little girl who had schizophrenia, and it was just sad to see what shit people have to live with. It seems like bad things happen to good people.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked.

I shook my head. "No, can we just get to lunch?"

"Yeah, of course," he smiled lightly. We grabbed our bagged lunches out of our locker and headed to the cafeteria. We sat at our usual table, I saw all of our friends gathered around. Christian, Ashley, Jinxx, Jake, Ryan, Angelo, Ricky, Devin, and Josh.

Ashley patted the empty seat next to him, signaling that he wanted me to sit next to him. It made me smile. He is a really nice guy, he would do anything for me.

I'm just happy that Andrea wasn't in our lunch period. Her presence puts me in a bad mood.

I took the seat next to Ashley and we made small talk.

"So, how've you been?" he asked.

"I'm okay," I said as I took a bite out of my sandwich. "How are you?"

After taking a sip of his drink, he set the water bottle down on the table. "I'm alright I guess."

"What's wrong?" I asked, placing my hand on his.

His eyes fell to the floor. "I just found out that my parents are getting divorced."

I was immediately hit with emotions. My parents got divorced when my mom told my dad that she was pregnant with me. He just walked out. I never met my real dad, but I do have a nice father-in-law. I actually call him dad, he treats me like I'm his.

Wrapping my arms around Ashley, he cried into my shoulder. I felt so bad for him. Like I said before, bad things happen to good people.

"I'm always here for you Ashley, no matter what," I said, rubbing his back.

He pulled away from the hug, makeup was all down his face. I wiped away his tears with my thumbs.

"You're a great friend, Andy. I wish we never broke up," he stated.

"I'm sorry Ashley," I apologized. I decided to change the subject. "So, we're going to the coffeeshop with Chris after school... if you'd still like to."

He looked up at me and smiled. "I would love to."

We finished our lunch relatively early, so we decided to write some stuff. Me and Ashley have been talking about getting a band together for a while now. He plays bass, and I sing. He helps me write stuff sometimes.

I opened my notebook up to a blank page. I thought about Ashley's current situation. Writing 'Saviour' on the top of the page, he smiled at me. I started writing down stuff that came up in my head.

'I never meant to be the one who kept you from the dark.
But now I know my wounds are sewn, because of who you are.
I will take this burden on and become the holy one.
But remember I am human and I'm bound to sing this song
So hear my voice, remind you not to bleed.
I am here.
Saviour, will be there when you are feeling alone.'


I looked over at Ashley when I was done writing. His eyes glassed over with tears, and he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Andy, can I talk to you privately?" he asked.

I hope he wasn't going to tell me he had more problems going on. Anything but that. "Yeah, let's go out in the courtyard."

We walked out of the cafeteria and I saw that the guys were smirking at us. They all have been acting really strange, I had no idea why. Usually during lunch they never stop talking but today most of them were quiet. What the hell was going on?

Walking out to the courtyard, Ashley sat me down on an empty bench.

He smiled at me. "There's something I've been wanting to tell you for a long time, and I just can't keep it a secret anymore. I feel like it's eating me alive."

"Alright," I said, waiting for his reply. I don't know what this is about.

He heavily exhaled. "Andy, I'm in love with you. I've been in love with you ever since we met. It broke my heart when you wanted to break up."

"Ashley, I love you too," I admitted. Honestly, I do love Ashley. But I love Chris too.

He placed his hands on my face, pulling his lips to mine. And I kissed him back.

Ashley pulled away, looking me in the eyes. "Andy, will you be mine again?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm leaving you guys hanging again c: I need to stop doing that though, I'm afraid you guys are gonna kill me

Off topic but I am so fucking excited for the new sleeping with sirens album.