Status: Active

Young and Reckless.

Prologue

“Cae, this isn’t going to work.” John stated.

The tears began to form in my eyes, “Why not?”

He sighed and took my hands in his, “I hate lying to your brother and keeping this a secret.”

I shook my head, “What’s the real reason?”

John’s gaze was now fixed on the ground, “High school.”

The tears finally escaped and cascaded down my face. Before he could notice, I walked away. He didn’t follow, why would he? John O’Callaghan was my first crush, kiss, and boyfriend. What made it worse was the fact that he’s my brother’s best friend and mine as well. This is why the two of us kept our year long relationship a secret.

To be honest, I had no idea what was supposed to happen now. I couldn’t just stop being his best friend out of nowhere. I rounded the corner and my house came into view. I quickly wiped away the tears and made my way to the backyard. I lied down on the grass and stared at the clouds, wondering how the hell I was going to get through this, without being able to tell anyone. I heard footsteps behind me and figured it was Kennedy, my brother.

“I’m sorry.” John whispered.

I was startled and immediately sat up. His light green eyes were staring into my hazel ones. My heart shattered a little more.

“Then why did you do it?” I asked, barely audible.

He never looked away, “I didn’t want you to get hurt.”

“Too late for that.” I stated.

John wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close, “Please just promise that you’ll be my friend, I can’t lose you.”

I gave in and nodded. I needed John and if I couldn’t have him as my boyfriend anymore, then I’d just have to settle for him being my best friend, again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm rewriting this story because I just wasn't happy with it. Cade was previously Kaylynn...Anyways, this one will be much better.

-Nina