Status: I'mma Disney Princess At Heart ♥

Pure Imperfection

Prologue:

The sun begins to stream through the windows and shines onto my face, waking me up like it does every morning. I've always been an early riser, but now it just seems a simple thing to do to show everyone I'm not just a breakable, sick, tragedy that needs taking care of and can't do anything for herself, I'm still me. Stubborn, argumentative, early-rising, strong me. And I can still take care of myself and be a normal person, I'm just weaker than I used to be, sicker than I used to be, paler and...balder.

I wash my face and cuff the golden dragon onto my ear, like all my sisters will do when they wake up, as a sign of our heritage. I try to avoid the mirror as much as possible, not wanting to think of my sisters' long beautiful hair - a beautiful, rich mahogany color, much like my own...was. I know it's a little petty, but every time I see their long silky hair, and them complaining about how they just can't do anything with it - an exaggeration, most obviously, for it's well kept and each pair of sisters shares a nanny to help with hair and makeup and outfits, retired nanny of a sort, but they were our nanny when we were young enough to need looking after constantly - it stings a little, remembering how long and pretty my own hair was, how I used to wear it all the time, and because it's a tradition for the hair not to be cut from childhood until we're 19 years, or married. Mine didn't last that long, but it really hurts since I'm two years from that now. All 4 of my elder sisters have already reached 19, but only Belinda - second eldest - cut it a significant length - now, instead of hitting her at the back of her knees, it comes only a third of the way down her back. 'Cooler this way' she claims, but we all know it's because she wants to look sophisticated and grown up in a way that her classmates at school look. Courtney only cut it a couple hand-lengths up, being more childlike and simple than the others were at 20. Samantha, the eldest, cut it to hit a few inches above her waist and maintains it at that length, still managing to look elegant and put together while at ease and graceful.

Padding to curl up on my window seat, I look down at my pajamas, having insisted on a simple T-shirt and shorts unlike my sisters, who all where silk pajamas that look elegant. Nobody really forces much on me, especially after...well, they just are very lenient with me, not that many people know about me. Besides my family of course. Nobody else besides my family and the people that work at the castle. And even then, I'm mostly by myself. I try to shake the tragic feeling as Silvia - the nanny I shared as a child with Zoe, my only younger sister - comes into the room quietly to get me ready for the day.

~ ♥ ~

The Bercialli (Ber-CHI-ah-lee) Girls - from eldest to youngest:

Samantha - 23
Belinda - 22
Areila - 20
Courtney - 20

ALEXANDREA (ALEX) - 17

Zoelle (Zoe) -16
Aurora (Rory) -15
  1. The Prince Arrives
    Meeting the Bercialli Sisters
  2. First Week
    ~ Hanging Out ♥