Infected

Chapter 1

Kyle Taylor

I sat inside my dads office and watched as he injected yet another person with the disease. It was another teenage boy, he looked then me but fine with what dad was doing to him. His face twisted in pain as the liquid seeped into his veins. "It's going to have a burning sensation for a moment." Dad mumbled to him. The boys face twisted a bit more before he gasped from the pain. I looked down and closed my eyes. "All done. That wasn't too bad was it?" I heard no answer and assumed he shook his head. I opened my eyes and stared down at the floor for a moment before looking up. The boy was looking at me. Already his eyes were starting to change their color. The bright blue started to seep away as a dull gray crawled through his iris. "Have you been injected?" He asked quietly. I shook my head. "I'm Dr. Taylor's son. I've seen what happens many a time to those who are injected and I have no desire to be." The boy gave me a weak smile. "At least I'm helping out with a good cause." I shook my head. "What about your parents?" I asked. He shrugged. "Mom's a drunk and I haven't seen my dad since I was three." I sighed. "You could have done something with your life, you know?" "Kyle! That's enough." Dad said staring fiercely at me. "It's not like he can go back now. He has the disease and will probably die within a couple of weeks." The boys eyes widened. "He's joking, Byron. You won't die." I shook my head and stood. "I have to get to school." i mumbled walking out of the office towards the front door. I picked my bag up off the floor and slung it over my shoulder before walking out the door to my car. I sat in the drivers seat with my hands clenching the wheel. My knuckles were white as I ground my teeth together. Another innocent person just gave their life away from no reason. I took in a deep breath and let it out slowly trying to calm myself down. My phone starting to vibrate in my pocket and I took it out and looked at the screen. It was my best friend, Iris. I ignored the call and stuffed the phone back into my pocket. I looked around the woods that surrounded my house and sighed heavily. I turned back to the steering wheel and caught a sight of myself in the mirror. I had dark bags under my eyes and my skin looked a bit pale. I, myself was starting to look as though I had been injected. you could have swore I had if it weren't for my green eyes. I looked away from my appearance and started the car. I backed out and started down the long drive way.
♠ ♠ ♠
For anyone who has seen this story on Quotev, I did not steal it I simply decided to put it up on mibba also. I have an account on Quotev.