Status: one-shot the one and only maybe a sequel it depends

Army Greens!

1/1

*4 years ago*
Zacky was in the kitchen making dinner for his loving husband of 2 years now and their daughter Pagan, Brian was upstairs with Pagan having a princess tea party when the doorbell rang.

"Will you get that baby? I'm kinda busy." Brian shouted down to Zacky. "Yeah, but you two kids get down here dinners ready!" Zacky said chuckling as he yelled back up to Brian. "I'm comin, I'm comin." Zacky grumbled under his breathe as the doorbell rang again.

Zacky opened up the door and a short woman with army greens on and her hair tucked neatly back into an army cap stood there. "Can i help you?" Zacky said. "I'm looking for a Mr. Zachary Baker" she said sternly "I'm Zachary" Zacky said calmly. "Then this is for you sir" she said handing Zacky and envelope addressed to their household. "Have a nice day sir" Good evening ma'am" Zacky spoke while shutting the door behind him.

Zacky sat down on the couch confused and began reading the letter "Oh my god!" Zacky gasped as he read over the last line of the letter. "I've been drafted" Zacky said almost a whisper. He had unnoticed the fact that Brian was standing in the doorway holding their sleeping daughter. "What!?" Brian asked tears threatening to fall from his eyes. "I'm being deployed" Zacky said with a blank expression starring ahead of him.

--------

That was 4 years ago and Brian still sits in that very spot every night where he first heard the news of Zacky leaving their small family hoping one day he'd come home to them

---------

*2 years ago*
Zacky had been gone for 2 years now and Brian had finally learned how to make it through the day with out Zacky till he gets home. It wasnt till that day when Brian got home from dropping Pagan off at her first day of kindergarten that his whole world came crashing down around him.

Brian had arrived home and 5 minutes later there was a knock on the door. When Brian had opened the door it was the very same woman who stood at their doorstep 2 years ago today. "Mr Haner i presume?" she asked. "Mr. Haner-Baker, yes" he said putting emphasis on the Baker so she caught the hint. "I have some bad new to tell you Mr. Baker" She said putting emphasis on the Baker as well. At that moment Brians stomach dropped and he felt as if he was going to throw up. "Mr Baker, Zachary, your husband has been missing for 2 months. I'm sorry sire but Mr. Baker is M.I.A." "What ? No, this cant be true" Brian said trying to fight down the tears but failing miserably.

"I'm sorry sir but its true, if we hear anything of your husbands ware abouts you should be the frist to know. Here are a few of Lieutenant Bakers belongings he left behind." She handed Brian Zackys dog tags, a can of polmade, and an old crumpled up picture of him and Brian with Pagan at the beach at their first outing together as a family. "Lieutenant?" Brian whispered as he read the dog tags. "Yes sir. It seems that your husband is a war hero. He was the leader of the search and rescue team that brought Saddam Hussein to justice." "Wow my Zacky" Brian whispered as the last tear of happiness he will ever cry again fell from his face. "Goodnight sir" "Goodnight"

--------
"Oh my fucking god" Brian screamed as he ripped yet another page out of his notebook. Pagan was in the room next door to him sound asleep while Brian locked himself into the guest bedroom because he couldnt stand staying in that big room they use to share together anymore with out him. So their bedroom sits locked at the end of the hall the same was as it was the very day that Zacky left while he sits in the spare room writing songs and playing his heart out.

"My daughter loves her daddy." Brian sang softly while he strumed his old black and white pin striped guitar. "Damn whats the next line? I had this song fucking planned perfectly then i fuckin loos it." "What happened to the all confident Synyster Gates " He said while starring at his signature guitar with his stage name printed in the frets as if trying to recover some old memories. "Oh yeah! Thats right, he left along with my heart 4 years ago when my other half, my little rhythm walked out that door" He said half heartedly with anger laced in his voice with a lace of anger.
-----------
*4 years ago*
Today was the day of Zackys departure. He was sat in their family room dressed in his army greens and patches waiting for Brian to drop him off at the airport. If this day wasnt so sad Brian would have jumped at the sight of his husband so handsome but all hormones aside today was the last day theyd be a family for a long time.

"Thats Jimmy and Matt" Brian said as he heard the doorbell ring. "You ready baby?" Brian asked Zacky. "As ready as ill ever be." Zacky said. "Hey Zach, were proud of you man. Come home tous soon." Matt said while hugging Zacky.

"DADDY!" a high piched scream came from upstairs. "Dont go" she yelled as she ran down the stairs as fast as her little legs would carry her. "Pagan baby, why are you up?" Brian asked their daughter while she was still rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. "Papa, daddy cant leave us" Pagan looked up at Brian with sad green eyes the same green as Zackys. Before Brian could respond Pagan ran to Zacky "Daddy dont go" sha said softly to Zacky. "Ihave to baby I wish i could stay here with you and Papa." Zacky said fighting the tears so his daughter wouldnt see him cry. Zacky picked up Pagan "No, put me down. If you really loved me and Papa youd stay. I hate you daddy, I hate you." She said while punching Zackys chest crying.

"Here hand her to me Zacky" Jimmy said with a sad smile while Zacky handed their wounded daughter to her uncle. "Come on baby. We gotta go." Brian told Zacky. "Yes. I guess we do" Zacky said as a tear slid down his face "Daddy loves you" Zacky whispered to himself as he shut the door behind him leaving his family behind.
----------
Brian was sitting in the same spot he always sat in everyday while Pagan was away at school, in the middle of his bed crying when his phone rang.

"Hey dude, how bout you leave Brian behind and tell Synyster Gates to get ready." Matt boomed on the other end of the phone. "What? Why?" Brian asked. "Because were going to have one last HOORAH for the sake of Zacky." "What do you mean?" Brian asked. "Were gong to have a memorial concert in Zackys honor so you can play your song for him to the world and all our fans." "B-but-" "Nope! You cant back out. The tickets have already been sold and it sold out in 3 hour" Matt said proudly.

"First of all Avenged hasnt been seen in 4 years and second of all why would you go behind my back like that? And what makes you think i want to play that song for the whole world to hear?" Brian barked back. "Do it for Zacky" Matt spoke sternly. 'Do NOT use my own husband against me"Brian yelled down the phone.

"Dude. No one is using Zach against you but seriously, carry on his name. For us, for our band,for your daughter, but most importantly for yourself Gates." Matt said the last part softly. Brian sighed "Ok, for Zacky" "For Zacky" Matt agreed. "Ill pick you and miss prissy pants up tomorrow night for the show" Matt laughed. "Ok Shadz see ya then" "See ya Gates" and with that Matt hung uo leaving Brian with just the comfort of his thoughts and the warm blankets beneath him.
--------
It was 7 o'clock p.m. and Matt was on his way to pick them up so he could drop Pagan off at his Dads house. Brian was sitting dressed up all in his 'Syn Gear' with stage makeup and all which is the 1st time in 4 years with little Pagan sleeping in his lap. The doorbell rang and Matt was at the door thus starting their adventure.
---------
It was the end of the show and Brian hadnt been feeling very Synish tonight. "Alright you crazy mother fuckers. You all remember Zacky V right?" Matt yelled at the crowd earning a scream of sheer love back from the crowd. "Well as you all may know Zacky left us all 4 years ago to fight for this beautiful country and for all of you as well." The crowd went crazy with that.

"Well Synyster Gates as you know has been his husband for 6 years and he wrote song just for Zacky" "This ones called Danger Line" Matt yelled "This ones for you baby" Syn yelled into the mic. Syn fired uo the guitar and before you know it Matt sang "I never ment to leave this world alone. I never meant to hurt the ones who cared and all this time i thought wed just grow old. You know no one sad its fair."

Syns stomach started to knot up while he prepared himself for the whistling at the end with the snare drum. As syn started to whistle he noticed the drum kit was empty and he heard the snare start up. As Syn looked around Zacky came walking out with a snare wrapped around his waist playing to Syns whistling dressed in his army greens. The crowd went wild and Syn dropped his guitar and ran to Zacky.

"I'm home baby" Zacky whispered into Syns ear as he cried in his chest. "Welcome home baby." Syn said kissed his husband for the first time in 4 years.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the mistakes
let me know if you guys like it and if i should write a sequel
thanx