Status: This is my first story, by the way, I'm Tyler Evans.... Saavimafia's friend.

The Z-B Virus

Chapter Five

Half an hour later, the eleven of us were walking down a sidewalk. We were hungry, we were tired, but more importantly, we were definitely lost. Ms. Jenny was looking for something called an ATM. I was the only one who had no clue what that was. And that was only because I was taken away from my family when I was seven years old. I haven’t been on the outside of Area 56.1, out in the real world, since the day I was put there. So, therefore, I knew nothing about the real world.
Eventually John exclaimed, “There’s one!”
Ms. Jenny sighed with relief.
“Thank God. Now I can take out all of my money and we can find a place to stay. Are there any suggestions?”
Jim eagerly asked, “What about the Marriot?”
“Where is it at?” Ms. Jenny asked.
“It’s right behind us.”
We all turned around and sure enough there was a building behind us with the word “Marriot” on the front in big, fancy letters. Someone next to me said, “Wow, how convenient.”
“Okay, let me go get my money.”
Ms. Jenny and a couple of the girls walked across the street, while the rest of us stood in front of the luxury hotel. When they came back, Ms. Jenny was holding a plastic bag that looked very heavy. Ms. Jenny gathered us all in a circle and said, “I think you all are mature, and responsible, enough to choose your own roommate. So, when we get to the rooms, I would like you all to have chosen someone to share a room with.”
Everyone nodded with excitement. As we started walking, of course the guys and I carried the bags; I could tell my extreme hearing had kicked in because I could hear the girls whispering. They were trying to convince Shelby to be my roommate. And by the sound of the way Shelby was talking, the other girls were succeeding. Plus, it was a dead giveaway when Shelby said yes.
I felt someone tap my left shoulder; I turned around and saw Jim walking next to me.
“What’s wrong? I’ve been whispering your name to get your attention.” Jim said.
“Oh, I’m sorry.”
For some reason he halted my progress by stepping in front of me. I looked around and realized we were inside the hotel.
“I was listening to conversations,” I whispered to Jim as I jerked my head in the direction of the girls.
Jim gave me a confused look and before he could ask, I said, “I’ve got the ears of Superman, remember?”
“Oh, that’s right. So what did they say?”
“They convinced Shelby to stay with me,” I paused and listened to what they said next and what I heard surprised me, “and Carrie just got convinced to stay with you.”
“Ok, three things: one, don’t do anything to embarrass yourself. Two, thanks for that last piece of information. And three, that Superman Hearing is freaking awesome!”
“Thanks and, uhh, you’re welcome.”
"I heard Ms. Jenny tell someone, "Thank you," so I turned around to see her handing out maps of the hotel to everyone. When she finished, she asked the girls who they were sharing rooms with. Apparently they had each chosen one of the guys, and everyone was okay with the arrangements. So when they finished telling Ms. Jenny, she handed the girls keycards and gave us key cards that corresponded to our roommate's.
"Alright, everyone into the elevator," Ms. Jenny said as she shepherded us over to it.
Once everyone was in, Ms. JEnny pushed the button that had the word "Penthouses" on it. It took a bit to get to the top, but finally there was a little bell chime and the elevator doors slid open to reveal a long hallway with about ten doors.
♠ ♠ ♠
I CALL DIBS ON COPYRIGHT!!!!