Sequel: Glass
Status: Complete

Pieces

Nine

"Craig, Baby, when are you coming to bed?" I asked, leaning outside the door to see him sitting in the living room. He had been going over the drafts for the new club opening for the past two hours.

"Later," He mumbled and I huffed. Craig had been to busy to do anything for the past few nights. He's also been ignoring me due to the opening of the new club. If there was one thing I hated, it was being ignored. Especially when there was a beautiful Dolce & Gabbana dress that should have my name on it. But with all the commotion lately I haven't been able to hold Craig's attention long enough to ask for it.

I turned back into the room, strolling across the way to open the closet. I took a step inside, smirking at the various lingerie folded neatly in the drawers. Some of it I hadn't even worn yet. My fingers trailed the expensive laced bras and panties I had told Craig to get me.

My eyes caught the brand new set I had yet to wear. It had cost Craig a thousand dollars for the complete set, but I didn't care. I wanted it. The moment I saw the black lace trim and the beautiful pale pink satin fabric, I knew I needed it. And he knew I needed it when he saw how good it looked in the dressing room.

I quickly shed my clothes and slipped on the panties first. They fit like a glove and I admired my long legs in the mirror. I took pride in my body. I made no plans to go to college now that I had Craig. In order to keep Craig, though, I needed to keep my looks. I had no problem with showing off what I had.
The bra was next before I pulled up the garters. I pushed up my breasts to get the maximum amount of cleavage possible.

I turned to the mirror and looked at my reflection. I bit my lip at the various scars Craig had given me through are last few months together.

Some were from some hot rough nights in bed. Others had been because I deserved it.. I was caught looking at other men when I shouldn't have been. Or sometimes I talked out of turn. Regardless, my arms were still healing from the burn marks he had placed on me two nights ago.

Pushing those thoughts out of my mind, I focused on how my body looked in the lingerie. I tousled my hair a bit before smiling. I turned around and walked out of the room proudly. I peeked around the bedroom door to see Craig sitting in the same spot as before. I smirked and walked forward with a pout, "Baby, why don't you come to bed?" I questioned.

"Violet..." He groaned, but before he could protest I straddled him. He sighed and brought his hand up to my cheek. The lust in his eyes told me that I had him in right where I wanted him, "Is this the new set I bought you last week?" He asked.

"Yes," I sang, "Doesn't it look marvelous?" I asked and he smirked.

"Perhaps it'll look better on the bedroom floor," He leaned in and started to nibble on my neck.

"Or beneath that beautiful Dolce & Gabbana dress I saw the other day," I hinted and he smiled.

"I take it that you really want that dress," He noted as he began to suck on the tender skin on my neck.

"Yes," I sighed and I rolled my hips into his.

"You can have anything you want," He assured me, bringing his hands around to cup my cheeks through the panties, "You know that."

And that was the answer I was looking for.

"Why don't you let me model this for you?" I asked and he nodded.

"But what if I want to remember this?" He asked and I smirked.

I had taken over a hundred lingerie pictures for Craig. It excited him when I sent one when he was in a business meeting. Sometimes, if he were lucky, I'd slip him a few nudes. That was only when I really wanted something, though. Most of the time I didn't have to work that hard.

"Do you want to add a few pictures to your collection?" I asked, grabbing his iPhone from the table and handing it to him.

He stood up and I remained on the couch. I spread my legs with a seductive look, biting my lip as he snapped pictures of me. I tugged on the edge of the panties, giving him a little sneak peak of what was to come. The look of lust never leaving my eyes.

And as I watched Craig take picture after picture, I knew I had him melting in the palm of my hands.
I was the queen of the world.

-

I ignored the fact that I hadn't slept. Nightmares had plagued me since our return from Vegas, and I couldn't shake them away. Memories were flooding back. It was all by random and in a blur. Different pieces of the puzzle distracting me while I slept. It was only a matter of time before I would jolt awake, too shaken and afraid to fall back asleep.

I refused to be taken back to the days where I had gotten lost within myself. I was a changed person, I tried to convince myself. I went to college, got a job, and was living a new life in California. I wasn't the same Violet Kennedy that once ruled Las Vegas. I was a good person, right?

My antidote to the memories was to stay awake as long as possible. It was when I was completely exhausted did I fall asleep, the nightmares returning. I'd wake within a few hours and be off to start my day. I was living day by day feeling like a zombie I was so exhausted.

Zack had texted me this morning after I woke, telling me not to come in until he told me to. I wasn't sure what he meant by that, but I didn't argue. I haven't stepped anywhere near Vengeance Manor since I dropped off the purse I had picked up from South Coast Plaza the day we got back from Vegas. Amber wasn't there, thank God. Zack simply muttered a thank you before shutting the door in my face. I didn't worry about it, though. He'd work things out and I'd be back to work in no time.

What worried me was the amount of things we had to do. Things always got busy whenever we were due to release new merchandise. We had designs to sort through, products to make, paperwork to sign. We had to think of new promotions to get rid of the old to make room for the new. Zack never wanted his website to have more clothes than he could handle. It certainly made it easier on us.

It was near twelve when Zack texted me, telling me to come over right away. I quickly changed before cleaning up my living room a bit and finally leaving. I was exhausted. I felt like a zombie trying to drive towards Zack's house. Several people honked at me along the way for not paying attention to the road.

Finally, I pulled up to his house and shut off my car. I noticed Amber's pure white Mercedes was gone and I silently thanked what ever God was out there. I didn't have the patience to deal with her today. I got out of the car and made my way into the house, "Zack?" I called and heard no answer.

I walked into the living room to see Zack on the couch, his hands on his knees and his face deep in thought, "Zack?" I called again and he looked over at me. He motioned for me to sit down and I did.

"I really need to talk to you about something," He stated, his voice shaking a bit.

"Okay, what's up?" I questioned.

"I really need you to start being a lot nicer to Amber," He started and I fought back the urge to punch him in the face. "We're in a situation right now... and I need to stay on her good side."

"What situation?" I asked cautiously, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to know.

He looked down at his hands, "Amber hasn't decided if she wants to go on with the wedding or not. She's conflicted because of you and your job. I told her I wasn't going to fire you, but I promised that you'd be nicer. The thing is," He sighed, "Amber is pregnant," He smiled. He was actually fucking smiling at the fact that she was pregnant.

The first emotion I felt was anger. Pure wrath. How was it that Amber could continue to step on Zack, and he was so blind to seeing her true intentions? How the hell did she do it?

Now I really wanted to slap him. Amber had cheated on him more times than I could count on my fingers, and here he was believing that he's going to have a child, "I'm happy," He smiled, "I want us to start our life, but I can't risk her walking away from everything. Not when she's having my kid."

It made me sick to my stomach to see the joy on Zack's face. He had mentioned to me before that he had always wanted kids. He played well with his nieces and nephews, and it was actually quite cute watching him due so. Zack had a patience and love for kids that most young parents didn't have. I knew it was one thing he desperately wanted after tying the knot with Amber, even though she constantly reminded him that she wasn't sure if she wanted kids or not. It didn't stop him from having hope. It was sickening.

I think what made me more sick was how much of myself I saw in Amber.

Not only was he in complete denial, but I didn't have the heart to tell him otherwise. I sighed and looked away, "Listen, Zack, I'm all for being polite to Amber. I get it, okay? But can you at least allow me to tell you my opinion?" I asked.

He looked hesitant, but agreed, "Do you remember the past couple times you've broken up? How she came home smelling like other guys and she looked a mess?" I asked and he nodded, "Are you absolutely sure that Amber is really pregnant with your child?" I asked.

"Why would you ask a thing, Violet?" He asked, as if he were offended. I groaned and stood up.

"Listen, Zack, I'm just trying to protect you, okay? In a couple weeks she'll be able to get a full paternity test. Once that happens you can know for sure. Just don't jump into this without being logical."

I watched as Zack's eyes slowly started to fill with tears. He looked like a child as his lip started to quiver for a few seconds before he erupted into sobs. I was startled. I had seen Zack cry softly and to himself, but I've never seen him sob before. Out if instinct, I immedielty grabbed him and pulled him to me for a hug, "I just didn't want to believe it," He confessed into my shoulder as he brought his hands to grip me tightly.

"Zack, it's okay," I whispered.

"I want to believe it's mine, but deep down I don't know. I was just waiting for someone to say it," He rambled and I rubbed his back soothingly. I didn't care that he was crying into my shoulder, getting my sweatshirt wet.

"Zack, I know this is hard. You've been through a lot in this relationship. But you can't let this get in the way of what's important. You still have a job. You have a band and a company to run."

"I know. That's why I need you now more than ever. I can't stay sane without you here, Vi," He stated and I smiled.

"Of course you can't," I chuckled to lighten the mood, "You're off your rocker, Zack. But you'll get through this," I assured him and he nodded.

He pulled away and wiped his tears as I handed him a tissue. He looked better already. Maybe he just needed to get some things off his chest and let out a good cry to feel better. He let out a deep breath and looked to me, "So what's on the agenda today?" He asked, seemingly back to normal.

"I thought you'd never ask," I smiled, "We need to finalize the designs today and ship them off to the manufacturer so we can have the new merchandise by next week." I informed him.

"We should get started then," He sat up and I nodded, heading to his office to grab his design portfolios before sitting down beside him.
-

It was near midnight when I finally locked my door behind me, crossing into my apartment to open the blinds to see my ocean view. I sighed, looking at my phone to see I had a missed call from my Mom. I really didn't want to hear her complain about me not going to visit her, but with all the commotion of running into Craig and his sister, I didn't want to leave the guys.

Reluctantly, I called her back and she surprisingly answered on the first ring, "Violet, are you alright?" She asked frantically.

"I'm fine, Mom. Jesus, what's wrong?" I questioned and she was silent for a moment.

"Where are you? Are you with Zack?" She asked.

"No I'm at home. What's going on?"

"Craig left Vegas," She announced and I almost dropped the phone.

In an instant I was checking the locks on my doors. My windows were all shut and I was closing the curtains I had just opened. I checked every single room to make sure that absolutely no one was in my apartment hiding.

"He thinks you'e getting married to Zack. He's furious, Vi. He left for California yesterday," She stated and I groaned, "I think you should stay with Zack."

"I can't, Mom. He has a girlfriend who gives him enough shit about me. I can't invade his privacy like that," I explained.

"Well his assistant is going to end up dead if he doesn't let you," Her voice began to shake and I became worried. Mom's voice never shook. She was a strong woman. In all my life I don't think I'd ever actually seen her cry. Even when I graduated from college, she was a rock. Emotions didn't phase my mother.

"Mom, you're freaking me out. Stop," I told her and she took in a deep breath.

"There has to be someone you can stay with. Just tell them-"

"I'm not telling them anything, Mom!" I snapped, "I have a good job here and I'm happy. Craig won't be able to find me. He'll get tired of me then he'll leave back to Vegas. I'm going to be okay," I told her, but I wasn't sure if I was convincing her or myself.

"He hurt you once, Violet, and he won't hesitate to do it again. Come to Vegas before he finds you. You can stay with me," She pleaded.

"No, Mom. I'm going to stay here. I promise everything will be okay. Just... Just don't worry about me and calm down. It freaks me out when you're worried," I confessed.

She sighed deeply, "Of all the things you've done, Vi, I've forgiven. I've forgiven you of all the things you did that weren't right. But if something happens to you, I won't forgive you. Because I tried to help you," She stated and it sounded like she was holding back tears.

"I'm fine, Mom. Trust me," I assured.

"Okay. Please stay safe. Bye, Violet."

"Bye, Mom."

One thing I knew, was that I wasn't going to sleep at all the entire night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Only update for today. I'm going to see Fall Out Boy tonight!
And if any of you are from New York, good luck with Avenged's NYC takeover. I heard they have something big for you guys. LUCKY!

Thank you all for commenting :)