Sequel: Glass
Status: Complete

Pieces

Twenty

Zack firmly kicked the door to our hotel room shut, his lips never leaving mine. I felt the bed hit the back of my knees, and suddenly he was on top of me. We were moving too fast for me to even realize what was happening. I wanted it too much.

He only left my lips for a second just to pull his own shirt over his head, getting more comfortable as his knees were placed on either side of me. His hands cupped my face as he kissed me lovingly. His hands trailed down so he could feel me. My breasts, hips, thighs. Everything. He was so gentle and soft. I loved it. It was like nothing I had ever experience before.

He peeled off my sweatshirt, leaving me in a tank top. Soon that came off too, and I wasn't realizing the severity of the situation until he pulled away from the kiss to look down at me, "Violet..." He whispered and I looked down.

My disgusting scars were revealed to him and I looked away. Tears filled my eyes as I realized that Zack could never love someone like me. But his hand pulled me to look back at him and he placed a soft kiss on my lips, "I think you're beautiful."

"Zack," I cried and he shushed me.

"I'm going to get him, Violet," He stated, determination laced in his voice, "I'm going to get him for every thing he's ever done to you. All of this," He motioned to my body, "He's going to pay for."

With that he connected our lips again and I melted, no longer caring that I was completely exposed beneath him. He didn't care. He actually didn't care, and that was the best feeling in the world.

Suddenly, I was wanted.

-

Zack's soft breathing tickled my neck as his fingers walked along my exposed hip. One arm was around me, playing with my hair as I felt content, "What happened, Violet?" He asked softly and cautiously.

"Some are cuts... some are burns," I stated.

"Why?"

"Because I deserved it," I whispered, "It was punishment for not being the greatest girlfriend."

"It isn't your fault, Violet. Please, don't ever think that," He begged softly. He had no idea. He hadn't a clue what I had done. His hands rubbed over a specific spot, feeling the raising of the scar tissue and he looked down, "C.S.?" He questioned.

"To remind me that I will always be his," I confessed and he shook his head, leaning in to place a kiss on my cheek.

"You were never his. And you never will be his," He said sweetly in my ear. "I promised to protect you, and I always will."

I fell asleep in his arms, neither of us bothering to put on more than our underwear. Nothing else was necessary, and we were too exhausted to bother to find clothes anyways. But we remained intertwined, like we were made for each other, Two puzzle pieces. We were perfect.

-

We were at the venue early in the morning. Zack was never a morning person, and he made it apparent by leaning against me as we walked in, forcing me to hold all his weight, "You're not a fucking feather, Zack," I stated and he laughed, pulling himself up so I could finally walk properly. It didn't help that I was sore from the night before. Zack was gentle, but Craig was the last person I had sex with. That's a long hiatus. So of course my body wasn't used to Zack yet.

"How are you feeling?" He asked. He had noticed my discomfort this morning when we crawled out of bed, "Are you still hurting?"

"I'm just sore," I assured him and he nuzzled his face into my neck and I giggled, "I'll get used to it."

He brought his lips up and nibbled lightly on my earlobe, "I hope so."

"Are we interrupting something?" A voice asked and Zack and I looked up, seeing the rest of the band staring at us. Val and Michelle were grinning wildly while the guys all had an eyebrow raised. I instantly blushed.

"No, nothing. Not at all," I quickly stated and went to walk away, but Zack kept his grip on me.

"Well it's about fucking time! Jesus Christ, Zack. You took longer than Short Shit trying to get a date for prom!" Jimmy exclaimed.

"Hey!" Johnny protested.

"You owe me a hundred! Pay up, Gates!" Matt shouted at Brian who grumbled, pulling out his wallet to fish out a hundred as Michelle exclaimed to him how he should have listened to her.

"You made bets?" I asked.

"Brian thought you two would for sure get together after you dragged Zack out of his house. Jimmy thought he would leave Amber months ago, and Johnny thought you were way out of his league anyways. And I said to give it time and it would eventually happen. Ha!" Matt explained.

"Wow..." Zack shook his head and I laughed, "You guys are unbelievable."

"Seriously, though. We've been waiting for this since the moment she kicked your ass the first week she started working for you. It's about god-damned time," Brian stated and Zack rolled his eyes.

"You guys are all late for sound check, I hope you know," I stated and crossed my arms over my chest, "And you guys know how much Larry hates running a late sound check," I reminded them.

At once they all scrambled away, but not before Zack kissed my cheek. I stood by the twins as they ran to the trailers to grab their stuff as we could hear Larry yelling off in the distance. We laughed before I felt an arm around my shoulders, "I'm so happy, Violet!" Val squealed, hugging me tightly.

"Aw, thanks Val," I smiled and Michelle hugged me as well.

"You know when he was locked up in my guest bedroom he was wailing for you. That's why Brian thought you two would for sure get together that night. But I guess it proves that Zack is just a scaredy-cat," She joked.

I smiled, "He was just waiting for the right time. Especially with all of Amber's shit going on," I grumbled and Val nodded.

"What's happening with that anyways?" She questioned and I grinned.

"Absolutely nothing. Zack isn't the father," I announced and they both sighed with relief.

"Well, now that that bitch is taken care of, we need to get your asshole ex out of the picture," Val stated firmly and I sighed.

"Yeah, Zack's looking into getting a restraining order when we get home," I told them.

"You know he's been freaking out ever since he saw those handprints on your neck. He really wants this guy gone," Val added.

I knew that. Zack had expressed his hatred for Craig constantly. Last night, as he looked at every single mark on my body, he would tense at some of the deeper scars and darker burns. I could feel his anger as his fingertips brushed over my skin. He was upset, and that only proved he cared.

"Yeah," I sighed, "It's just really stressful. Craig doesn't give up so easily," I muttered and she nodded.

"So, what to go watch the guys fuck up their sound check and watch Larry yell at them?" Michelle asked and we laughed.

"Of course!"
♠ ♠ ♠
This is kind of a filler. I'm posting another chapter in a few minutes since I'll be in L.A. all day today and I'll also be gone tomorrow, so I don't know when the next update will be.