Status: Active :)

Terrible Things

3 - Nothing Can Stop These Lonely Tears From Falling

Alex’s POV

I looked out the window and I saw Jack pull up outside of Rian and Cass’ house. I felt fear take me over as I saw that familiar face. When did I get like this? Afraid to face my best friend, I mean.

It was because I was afraid of what he would be like, would he be a broken man, or would he pretend it’s all ok? As he opened up the car door I retreated into the kitchen, scared for how I would react around him, how does someone approach someone who’s just watched their wife die.

Cass led him inside, and sat him down on the couch as she went and made him a coffee.

“Go talk to him” she pushed me, “he looks awful and he looks like he could do with someone to just hug him.”

I looked at her sceptically but moved out of the room and stood at the doorway taking in my best friend.

His hair was greasy and stuck up in random places. His hoodie was covered in random food stains and his jeans clearly hadn’t been ironed. I took in his odd socks, one even looked like it might be Leah’s, but most of all I took in his face.

His eyes lacked the usual Jack sparkle, the mischievous glint, while he clearly hadn’t shaved in about 2 weeks. He was pale and he had enormous bags under his eyes.

To put it bluntly, he was a wreck.

“God dammit Jack.” I groaned and walked over to him. I sat beside him on the couch and I pulled his head into my chest, wrapping my arms around his neck.

In that moment I think it became too much for him, as suddenly he started sobbing, huge gut wrenching cries rattled through his body. He shook in my arms as his tears soaked into my chest through my shirt almost immediately.

“I miss her so much Lex” he sobbed, “I need her there, I need her back.”

My heart broke in that minute, hearing just how much he missed her.

“I know you do Jack. I know you want her back.”

“It’s all my fault.”

I’d been there when they first fell in love. He couldn’t go a couple of minutes without telling me how awesome she was, how pretty she was, how funny she was, and especially how he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. I’d seen Jack with a lot of girls in his life time but no-one would ever come close to how much Leah meant, she changed his life and she was incredible.

She had been perfect for Jack; she got his humour and often encouraged it. She sat through endless hours of Home Alone with him, no complaints. She would often make dick jokes with him. But most of all she called him out on his shit. If he did some jerkish things she would immediately call him out on it. She never tolerated that stuff, and she put up with a lot of shit from the fans. She never stopped loving him though, and that’s all that was in their relationship. Just love.

So when he heard about the car accident, he rushed to the hospital. He was told that she would be in a coma for god knows how long. They weren’t even sure if she would ever wake up.

I remember Jack coming over the next morning; he’d looked like he hadn’t slept in years. He just fell to the floor of my kitchen and cried, I didn’t even need to say anything, didn’t hold him, just watched as my best friend broke down.

I’d been so scared that time, and I promised myself I’d never see him like that again. 2 weeks after the accident and she started to improve, her health got better and they promised Jack that she would wake up any day. However, when they thought it was time to take her off the life support machine she rapidly decreased in health.

The doctors gave him a decision, if she lived, she'd be attached to life support for the rest of her life, or he could let her go.

He tortured himself for three days, but eventually he made the decision no man should ever have to make and he signed on the dotted line.

The next morning he brought in his children, Leo, Isla and Evie, to say their final goodbyes. Within those three hours we all visited her one last time, told her much we loved her, and then we left Jack with her.

2 hours later and the doctors turned off the life support.

10 minutes later and her heart failed.

At 13:46 Leah Barakat died, and a bit of Jack died with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok, trying to update everyday, but this one didn't come quite as easily as the other two, but hopefully there'll be a new one tomorrow :)

but now you know how Leah died, and Jack finally cracks!

feedback would be awesome thanks guys :)

also massive shoutout to LookingForSophie for helping me edit this and my friend Emily who also helped with developing the ideas :)

Thanks for reading!

Title Credit - 'Nothing Compares 2 U' by Sinead O'Connor (thought it fitted really nicely with the chapter)