Sequel: If Not For You
Status: Being cleaned up--currently on chapter 2

Secrets And Lies

Brendon Urie-Better Than Cupid

Ryan's POV

Brendon, Jon, Spencer, and I (or, if you want the shorter version, Rydon and Joncer) are all at our house, just hanging out (and making out *happy sigh*), when someone rings our doorbell, and Brendon bounces up to answer it. His happy smile fades as he turns around to look at us (after he peeked through the peephole thingy). "Uh, guys....." he says quietly, "It's Ashley".

Jon's POV

When Brendon tells us that Ashley's at the door, my poor baby's smile fades. I don't blame him for not wanting to see his cousin, especially since we've got kind of a couple's thing going on in the house now. We have a Rydon and a Joncer now, and Ashley is a big-time homophobe. She attacked this older couple (a girl/girl couple, and they were about sixty) just because they were holding hands and sweet-talking each other in the mall once. She had to go to prison overnight, but luckily nobody was seriously hurt-on the outside, anyway.

So, now we've got homophobe Ashley at our door, who happens to be related to my new boyfriend. Talk about a perfect day( Yeah, I'm being sarcastic)!

"Should I let her in?" Brendon asks, looking kinda scared to open the door. No, he doesn't look scared. He looks terrified.

Ryan must have noticed it, too, because he jumps up and wraps his arms around Brendon. "It's okay, we can let her in, we just can't flirt with each other, nor can we kiss, cuddle, or do anything like that while she's around. She'll be gone soon, anyway. She never stays for long," he comforts Brendon in a soothing voice, then kisses his cheek.

I decide to hug my boyfriend (well, I think he's my boyfriend, anyway) in an attempt to make him feel better. He copies my actions and buries his head in my shoulder. Then I get a bright idea. Just to make sure he's mine, and I'm sure this will cheer him up. "Hey, Spenc," I whisper softly in his ear. "Do you want to be my boyfriend?"

He nods his head frantically, and I smile and kiss his lips softly. Then the doorbell goes off again. I unwrap myself from Spencer's arms and sit about a foot away from him on the couch. Brendon opens up the door (after Ryan lets go, of course) "Hey, Ashley, what's up?"

Ashley smiles at Brendon (she admitted to Spencer that she has a crush on Bren-poor Ry!), and says, "Not much, do you mind if I come in?"

"Sure, go right ahead," Brendon smiles a completely forced smile and opens the door wider and steps out of the way so Ashley can walk inside. She comes and sits down next to her cousin.

Spencer's POV

God, I hate Ashley. She was always so mean to me when we were kids, and the only reason why she comes around now is because I'm Spencer Smith, Drummer for Panic at the Disco. *rolls eyes* whatever. She's still a rude bitch to me, and usually comes because she needs money. Once I give it to her, she leaves. So she's never here for more than a few hours. Thank God. "Hey, Ash," I say to her. "How're you?"

"Not so good, cous. I'm nearly bankrupt, my boyfriend left me for some man-whore-" here she stops and shudders "how he can like a MAN instead of me, I'll never understand. It's so fucking sick." She sticks out her tongue. "And, Brendon, what's up with you kissing Ryan on stage again? I thought I told you that was disgusting and that you should quit?"

Brendon keeps his face straight and says, "I guess I must not have been thinking clearly that night," then whispers something in Ryan's ear.

Brendon's POV

"And, Brendon, what's up with you kissing Ryan on stage again? I thought I told you that was disgusting and that you should quit?"

Oooooooh that pissed me off. I work hard to keep a straight face and say, "I guess I must not have been thinking clearly that night," then I whisper in Ryan's ear, "Because I didn't tell you that I love you that night, and I didn't go any farther than a kiss." Ryan smiles that adorable smile of his, much to Ashley's suspicion.

She glares at Ryan, then starts talking to Jon. "So, Jon, I haven't heard anything from you yet. How are you?"

"I haven't been better," Jon smiles as he says that. Haha, it's all thanks to the wonderful guy that kicks Cupid's ass, Brendon Urie!! And his partner in crime (who is ultimately sexier, nicer, sweeter, funnier, and every other good thing in the dictionary that means he's better than me), Ryan Ross!!!

"Really? How come?" she smiles at him. Ohhhh god, is she trying to hit on her cousin's new boyfriend?

"Well, I've found my happiness," Jon's smile grows even bigger.

"What's your happiness?" Ashley pushes further. God, she is so nosy!!!

"My happiness is a very special-very special....well, my happiness is very special to me." Oh, I get it, he's talking about Spencer, but he doesn't want to say anything to Ashley!!! Oh, I am SO smart!!!

I whisper to Ryan, "He's talking about Spencer, isn't he?"

"Yes he is, now be quiet, she might hear you."

"Ohhhh is it a girlfriend? Who is she? What does she look like? Is she a good kisser? Give me all the details!!!" Ashley's eyes are hungry for knowledge.

"Umm, if you don't mind, I think I'll butt in right about here and ask, Ashley, what do you want?" I cut in, because she would have picked Jon apart until he gave her all of the information that she wanted, and she was very good at picking up when people were lying. That, and Jon is a terrible liar.

"What do you mean, Brendon?" Her eyes grew big, and her voice too sweet. It was sickening.

"What he mean is," She now turns to Spencer, who's talking to her, "You never come here without wanting something. What is it this time? How much money do you need?"

Ashley's face grows slightly sad. Oh, great, here we go, actress mode! "Well, I said my boyfriend dumped me for another guy, so he kicked me out of the house. I don't have anywhere to live, and I was kinda hoping I could stay with you."

Spencer's eyes grew big. Uh-oh. "What about Auntie Marie? You always did love Auntie Marie"

Ashley stuck out her tongue. "Her house always smells like cat pee. It's gross."

"What about your mom? I'm sure Aunt Kristiy would love to have you home, you always were her baby."

Ashley groaned. "I don't want to stay with my mom. I'll never get a boyfriend that way."

Spencer's mind was going a million-katrillion miles an hour, trying to think of somewhere that Ashley could stay besides here. "Cousin Chris!!! You know, he always has friends staying at his place, maybe you could hook up with one of them."

Ashley thought for a moment. "Yeah, and Chris always liked me. I'm sure he wouldn't mind. Do you know where he lives now?"

Spencer smiled, happy that Ashley was going to stay somewhere other than here. Ashley missed the smile. "Yeah, let me get his address. I've got it somewhere in the kitchen." He almost ran out of the room to go look for it.

As soon as Spencer was gone, Ashley slid closer to Jon on the couch. "So, Jon Walker has found his happiness in a girl. Tell me, is she pretty?"

Jon thought for a minute. "Well, let's see.....I think my happiness is absolutely gorgeous, my happiness is funny, nice, sweet, loving, caring, and I feel like I've known them all my life."

Spencer bursts into the room again, carrying a piece of paper. "Here, this is Chris' address and phone number, I'm sure he'll be happy to have you there." From what I remember when Spencer told me about his huge family, Chris is just as homophobic as Ashley. A good match.

"Well, I'll see you around, cous. Bye, Jon! Have fun with your happiness! Bye, Ry! Bye, Bren!" As she says my name, she comes up and kisses me on the cheek (it was so unexpected that I didn't have time to move back, and I saw Ryan give her an evil glare behind her back. It was adorable), and she finally left.

"THANK GOD!" I yell at the top of my lungs, then I tackle Ryan to the ground. "I haven't gotten to kiss you ever since she came!!! That was like, FOREVER!!" I attack Ryan's lips with my own. As I hear Jon and Spencer laugh at my eagerness, I can't help but think that's not the last time we'll see Ashley. I just have a feeling that she's coming back soon. Ugh, I hate homophobic cousins!!