Sequel: If Not For You
Status: Being cleaned up--currently on chapter 2

Secrets And Lies

Who Hates Audrey?

Brendon's POV

God, why was I even going out with the bitch? It's now January, Sunday the 13th, to be exact, and I'm going to meet my girlfriend. And, I can't get Ryan out of my head. She can always tell when I'm not constantly thinking about her, and it pisses her off. Which makes her yell at me, and makes me yell back, and she kicks me out of her apartment, and I go back to the apartment that the guys and I all share.

And I cry. Not because she's mad at me, which is why I should be crying.

No, I'm crying because I can't stand not being with Ryan. I know I should stop thinking that, because I know he doesn't like me, and I know that I'm not even bi. At least, I don't think I am. Besides, he's not gay or bi. So there's no sense in even trying. God, why did life have to be so damn confusing????

I get to the bitch's Audrey's apartment. I open the door, not even bothering to knock.

What I saw put me in a state of shock.

My girlfriend, a bitch, but still my girlfriend, her clothes scattered all over the place, and another boy, in the same state, on top of her, and their moans and screams filling the house. I must have been really deep in my thoughts if I hadn't heard them. Surprisingly, they hadn't noticed me. So I shut the door behind me and I left the apartment, and Audrey. I'd break up with her later, but for now, I wouldn't even consider knowing her.

I almost ran home, but decided against it. People are looking at me strangely enough already, because my eyeliner was just starting to run, but I held my tears in for the most part. I remembered that the rest of the band was going somewhere, so I could cry without getting any strange looks.

Going against my earlier decision, I run the rest of the way to the apartment. I shut the door, and slide to the floor, letting the tears flow now. I don't want to ever leave this spot, I don't want to do anything else right now, and I just want to die right here.

"Brendon...?" I hear a sweet voice saying my name, and I thought for sure that I had died, and that an angel had come to help me to wherever the hell I was going to go now.

But, when I look up, I see it's my angel on Earth Ryan. He takes one look at me, and he is over by my side in a millisecond, and is helping me up, and is telling me everything will be okay, he will personally make sure of it. And he has his arms around me, an is leading me to his bedroom, and is seating me down on the end of his bed, and he doesn't move his arms from around my body, so I feel a little better. I stop crying, anyway.

"So, what happened? Was it Audrey again?" Ryan asks tentiavely, almost as if he doesn't want me to answer. But I do, all the same.

"Y-yea....Ry, s-she was letting a-another g-guy f-fu-" I couldn't seem to get it all out.

But he understands, he just hugs me a little closer. "She's a slut, I'm sorry, Bren, but she's a slut, and you can do way better than that. Don't worry about it, Brendon, your too good for her."

His words make me feel so good, and I start to smile. Because there was no girl good enough for me. There was, however, one boy, and he was the one sitting next to me right now. But how can I tell my straight best friend that I'm in love with him?