Red Snow

Bianca

I stood up and stared at my reflection in the full-body mirror on the wall. The tight slinky dress that I was wearing was revealing and slutty and coal-black, a sharp contrast against my pale-as-snow skin. I peeled it off and examined my body. I was too skinny and too short and too pale and too blonde and my eyes were creepily dark against the whiteness of my face.

The movie that I was currently filming was Perseus, a tragic film based off of an Ancient Greek myth. I was playing the role of Andromeda, the beautiful princess who was chained to a rock and sacrificed to the sea.

It was a romantic role, but I hated it. I hated playing the helpless damsel in distress. I wanted to be a powerful heroine. Once I had played Morgan le Fey, but only for a few days. They replaced me with a bigger, bolder actress with long black curls and a constant smirk, and they cast me as Lady of the Lake.

I could never tell anyone though. They would yell at me and call me a fool and say I was a spoiled ungrateful little brat.

Only Rosie knew how I really felt.

Rosie was my only real friend.

"Rosie, Rosie, Rosalyn," I sang under my breath. She appeared at my shoulder, her big dark eyes bright in her pale face. Her lips were blood red and her hair matched them.

B-B-Gun, she said soothingly.

"Hi, Rosie," I murmured, nuzzling against her. She kissed me gently on the cheek.

How's my little B-B-Gun? Ready to run away with me?

"I've been ready," I replied, turning to kiss Rosalyn full on the mouth. She giggled and ducked away, her eyes shining.

Naughty girl, kissing me! I've told you that we can't. Not yet.

Her chiming voice teased me. I pouted. I wanted so desperately to kiss her.

"When can I kiss you?"

Maybe someday when we're alone.

"We're alone now," I whined. Rosalyn shook her head and looked around secretively.

The walls have eyes, B-B. The furniture will tell your mama what we've done.

I looked around and saw that Rosie was right. The walls were leaning in on me, listening to me and Rosalyn talk. The furniture slid closer and whispered to each other isn'tsheabadgirl. I shuddered and turned around. Rosie slid into my arms and rested her head above my heart. I closed my eyes and breathed in the dead leaf scent of my only friend and one true love.