Red Snow

Rosie Rosie Rosalyn

Rosie, Rosie, Rosalyn, my B-B-Gun sang as she peeled off her slutty little dress and slid into black pants and a gauzy white shirt.

Rosie run away with me, Rosie Rosalyn. Her voice was high and keening and eerie. Just my cup of tea.

Ready to go, B-B-Gun? I asked.

Yes.

Then let's go, Bianca Snow. Let's get away and be alone. She stood and slid on her never-worn running shoes and said What do I do now, Rosie Rosie?

The window, the window, we have to climb out the window, I hissed. She did as I said, opening the window and standing on the ledge. We were three stories up.

Jump, B-B-Gun, I hissed. She obediently bent her knees, then jumped.

She plummeted towards the ground.

Bend your knees as you hit the ground, B-B-Gun, absorb the shock, that way you won't break your legs!

She did as I told her, bending her knees and rolling when she hit the ground. She gasped in pain but kept moving.

Run run run into the woods, B-B-Gun! I yelled. She ran as fast as she could, her long hair flying and tangled. We tumbled into the woods and she collapsed on the loamy ground.

Behr and I had been in the business together for years and years.

I did the luring, he did the killing.

We found treasures together and destroyed them.