Dying to Be Happy

Something to Think About

[You can't eat,] I thought to myself, [Not for the rest of the day.] We were on our way to Dallas by now. My dad and Sarah were up front, and I sat alone in the back seat... with all the travel snacks. My eyes drifted among all the chips and slim jims and cokes... [Maybe just one Pringle,] I convinced myself. I grabbed one out of the can and ate it as if I were ravenous. Oh, how good it tasted. The salty BBQ flavor danced around my taste buds. I couldn't fight it. Maybe just a few more. I grabbed a handful and chomped continuously. My stomach and my mouth were so happy. I couldn't stop! I kept scarfing down the chips without thinking. But then, I stopped.
"Jade," my dad said, "don't fill up on snacks! We'll be at your grandma's house in a few minutes, and she's making sandwiches for us. Don't eat so much junk food." Sarah turned around and just looked at me for a second. I felt so guilty. I just let my appetite get the best of me...

That's when I really realized that I had a problem. I couldn't seem to make myself stop eating.... What was I going to do?
♠ ♠ ♠
The thought of being fat just hung over my shoulders... It wouldn't leave my head.