Status: Very, incredibly active. If you want more...tell me!!!

Hit

Chapter Five

I felt my body being moved, but the feeling of floating was pushed aside by the burning, stinging pain in my torso. I inhaled sharply with wide eyes and tried to sit up.

“Shh, Kate, you’re okay. We are taking you home.” Matt soothed with a soft hand on my forehead. I leaned into him but kept my eyes open and saw we were in the car, lights shooting past us on the other side of the window. My breathing started to increase as my wounds throbbed, but I froze when I felt a cough coming. I coughed and choked on the blood that resided in my throat.

“…my god…” Someone mumbled. I let my hands wonder down my body and felt pools of blood. Moments late, the car jerked to a stop and doors were thrown open. Matt turned sideways in his seat and slowly and carefully handed me off to another. By the smell of Axe and cigars, I knew it was Brian. He quickened his pace when he got inside and headed straight for the stairs. I bounced slightly as he took the steps, but each step made me wounds scream. I whined into Brian’s chest as my body started to clench from the discomfort.

“It’s alright Kate, you’re going to be fine.” The anxiety in Brian’s voice made my stomach lurch. I was immediately taken to the ‘hospital’ room where everyone was waiting for me, especially Zack who had supplies all over the place and gloves pulled up to his elbows. If I wasn’t in so much pain, I probably would have laughed at the sight of him. Brian gently laid me down on the bed, then pulled up a chair and sat down at the head of the bed, both of my hands clasped tightly in his. Everything was happening too fast and too slow at the same time. Lights were so bright, almost blinding. All the sounds made my head ache, making me want to cover my ears. Everything felt chaotic.
Without any uncertainty, Zack took scissors and cut off my bloodied shirt and threw it to the floor.

“Shit…” Matt cursed right before he left the room. With my hands still in Brian’s, I pulled our hands up and covered my face when I saw Zack pull out the surgical pliers.

“Okay, Kate…deep breaths.” Zack almost warns. He placed a gloved hand on my stomach and my muscles clenched. I squeezed Brian’s hands further when I felt the cold metal enter my wound and start its search for the bullet. I felt a tug, then the pliers’ withdrawal from my body. I heard the bullet hit the metal pan, but almost groaned when I remembered I had another one lodged in my ribs. I then felt the stinging of a surgical needle enter my skin repeatedly as it closed up my injury.

“Try to get on your side, back towards me.” Zack said as he stood on my right side. As fast as I could, and with the help of Brian, I turned onto my left side and buried my face in Brian’s chest.

“Everything okay?” Matt whispered from the doorway. I looked over at him and his hands were covering his eyes. A quick pull in my side and I groaned. “Shit!” He once again cursed and left the room. I unburied myself out of Brian’s chest.

“What the hell was that about?” I asked the boys. Smiles broke out onto their faces.

“He can’t stand seeing someone he cares about in pain.” Brian laughed. Once again, if I wasn’t in this situation, I would laugh also.

“Plus, try to clean a wound of his and he’s crying. Hard as hell to fix anything.” Zack chuckled again. “His appearance deceives him…ready?” He asked with a comforting hand on my bare hip.

“No…”I mumbled, but I hid myself back into Brian and squeezed.

“Kate, remember keep breathing, I’m going to try to do this as quick as possible.”

I took a deep breath and cringed when the pliers reached into my body. I jerked to the side and had to remind myself to continue to breath. I started to shiver and shake from the blood loss but tried to stay as still as possible for Zack, but I did slap Brian a few times.

“Deep breaths Kate. Breath. You are starting to turn green…breath.” Zack warns. Finally, the bullet hit the metal pan and I relaxed. Zack quickly stitched me up, cleaned both wounds then covered me in cotton. As soon as that cotton secured my wounds, everything snapped back to a normal pace. But my entire torso and head felt demolished.
With the help of both Zack and Brian, I walked into my room and almost collapsed on my bed. Matt, Johnny, Val and Jimmy soon came in with hugs and kisses, than left me to myself. Hugs? Kisses? What are those?
With the blankets lifted to my waist, I squeezed a pillow to my chest and enjoyed the silence…then Brian walked in. He waltzed in with a stupid ass grin on his face, I rolled my eyes in seconds, but soon closed them. I felt him lie next to me and cuddle into my blankets. I opened one eye and looked at him.

“What are you doing?”

“Oh nothing, just wanted to take a nap, check on Bullet Girl.” He simply said as he adjusted a pillow.

“Bri…” I warn.

“Just a nap, that is all. I will keep my hands to myself…maybe.” He smirked. I scoffed at him and shook my head.

“Before you take this nap of yours, could you do me a favor please.”

“Depends what it is.”

“A shitload of Tylenol…or something.” I almost begged. Without a word he returned with the bottle and a glass of water. “Aww, you’re such a sweetheart.” I say as I take the bottle and down four pills, I hope to God it takes some of the pain away.

“It comes naturally.” Brian said as he walked to my door and paused. With confused eyes I watched him. He took a running start and jumped onto my bed and landed spread eagle. My body bounced as he landed and pain shot through my body.

“Damnit Brian!” I jabbed my arm out and punched him in the arm. “If I had my knife I would fucking stab you!” I cradled my stomach and kept telling myself not to attack him. Or kill him. “Brian…if you are going to stay in here, please do not move, don’t bounce…I hurt.”

He very, very slowly got off the bed and got the remote for the TV, then in slow motion he got back on the bed…smart ass. I watch the TV as he flips through channels and he passes Billy and Mandy.

“Billy and Mandy.” I simply say.

“Ew! No!” He continues to flip.

“Brian…” I warn. He quickly put it back to my favorite show. I watched him as he watched the cartoons, occasionally laughing. He looked like a five year old, so concentrated. Surprisingly, the Tylenol started to wear me out. I slowly turned and cuddled into Brian’s shoulder and passed out.
I dreamed of Mark, he wasn’t dead; he was walking the streets with a smile on his face and a long, visible scar across his neck. While my slash to his throat could be devastating, he could survive it…fuck.
♠ ♠ ♠
The more comments the faster this can be updated. The story is already finished, so if you guys want more...comment!! please? Thank you to the two lovely ladies that commented!! And thank you to those that subscribed!