Status: Very, incredibly active. If you want more...tell me!!!

Hit

Chapter Nine

We all shared a glance; we checked our guns then backed away from the door. Matt stormed the door with his heavily booted foot. The flimsy metal easily gave away and fell to the cement floor with a rusted clang. The men inside shot up with wide eyes and automatically reached for their guns. The boys ran inside, their guns already throwing out bullets. I walked in with my gun down at my side, looking for Mark. I found him in the back, sitting in a chair, drinking his glass of Brandy and smoking a cigar. Who the fuck is smoking a cigar and drinking at this time of morning? When our eyes met, we both smiled nastily. I walked right up to him and shifted all my weight to one foot while stashing my gun at my hip. I reached down and picked up the glass, finished the Brandy then threw the glass to the side. He briefly closed his eyes and shook his head; he then reopened his eyes, raised his head and slowly raised the cigar to his lips. Before he could take another puff, I took the cigar from his grasp, filled my lungs with a deep drag, and threw the cigar to the ground.

“You always ruin all the fun.” He smiles.

“Well, today I’m going to ruin your life….”

He let out a laugh and looked down. Before I could say another word. He shot up, lifted me and wrapped my legs around his waist and ran me into a wall. My spine collided with the solid wall as he got in my face.

“I really don’t see that happening.” He let his hand trail all over my body as his other hand rested near the small of my back, near my knives. My right hand released its firm grip from Mark’s shoulder and made its way towards my knives. I don’t think he knew they were there. I sent a small smile as my hand rested on top of his for a few seconds.

“Why do we always fight Mark?” I ask sweetly. I took his hand and repositioned it on my thigh; he smiled deeply and pressed himself closer to me.

“We, are two, very strong people.” He whispered as he began to trail kisses all over my neck. I had to fight a shiver from racing through my body. I reached to the small of my back and successfully grabbed a knife.

“Yea, well, I’m stronger than you.” With that said. I stabbed him in the stomach which caused him to let me go. I fell to the ground in a heap. He grabbed his stomach, but quickly recovered. He reached down and pulled me up by the collar of my hoodie and slammed be against the wall. He sent blind punches that I easily dodged. With his arm outstretched, I dug my sharp knife into the top of his shoulder, sure to shatter his shoulder blade. He let out a horrific scream. He doubled over and pulled his arm as close to his body as possible. With his head dropped, I kneed him in the jaw. He tumbled to the ground with a groan. I stood over his motionless body and stared down at him with a disgusted look.

“Come on Mark, I thought you’d do better than this.” I almost pleaded. I wasn’t looking forward to this hit, but now, I couldn’t stop myself. “Get up.” I demanded. I crouched down and playfully tossed the knife back and forth in my hands. “I’ll even drop the knife.” I offered. I continued to play with the knife, but froze when he reached up with a closed fist and knocked the knife away. “Okay, no knife.” I fully stood up and nudged him with my foot. “Up.” I spit fire. I backed away and allowed him to stand up, he knew I wouldn’t attack while he was down, I’m better than that. “Shall we?” I question. His response was a smile.

He swung at me with sloppy fists, but stumbled back when I easily shoved my palm up into his nose. He stared up at me with black eyes and a bloodied face. I stared at him unimpressed and waiting. He gathered himself again, heaving, bleeding and tired. Instead of swinging, he ran at me.

I laughed and stepped to the side. I didn’t even look back to watch him fall to the ground…what a mistake.

From behind, he kicked the back of my knees, which sent me sprawling to the floor. With both of us on the floor, he threw a leg over me and straddled me. He struggled to get a firm grip on my neck as we exchanged solid blows to the face. I reached up with one arm and pried his hand away from my neck. Then, as fast as I could, I spun around, so I was now straddling him. A smile quickly broke out onto his face.

“This is how I like it.” He laughed.

“This is how I, like it.” I said just before I sent a splintering punch to his cheekbone. I went to punch him again, but he caught my hand, pried my fingers back and head-butted me. I immediately rocked back then felt pressure on my chest when Mark re-straddled me.

“Lovers shouldn’t fight like this.” He smiled…that asshole sadistic smile of his.

“We aren’t lovers. We will never, be lovers.” I mumbled, dizziness still remaining in my head. He laughed loudly, stood up, bent down and slowly lifted me by my hoodie. I grabbed his hands as he pulled me to his face. He lightly kissed my cheek as I glared at him, then he threw me into a pile of construction metal pipes. I landed heavily on the metal and cringed when I felt the steel crush my bones. I melted into the metal and felt almost paralyzed. I continued to hear bullets scream around the warehouse, I hope none of those bullets are piercings my boy’s skin. I then heard crushing footsteps make their way over to me, kicking random metal pipes out of their destructive path. Two strong, angry hands snaked into my loose hair and yanked me to my unsteady feet. I craned my neck to look into Mark’s eyes. All I saw was all the pain he’s put me through, and all I felt was extreme anger build in my chest. I clenched my jaw and allowed my eyes to narrow, he noticed and laughed.

“Is Katie angry?” He mocked. I harshly exhaled and clenched my right fist. With all the strength I had, I swung my right arm up and punched him in the jaw. He immediately let go of my hair and flew to the ground. From his spot on the floor he looked up at me with shock in his eyes. With anger still living on my face, I ripped off my hoodie, angrily pulled out all my knives and my guns and threw them on the cemented floor, then cracked my knuckles.

“Let’s go.” I seethed. This time, he didn’t smile. We both know, this is it, this is the end…we have a score to settle.

He scrambled to his feet and stared me down for a few seconds, then made the first move. With strong and precise fists, he went straight for my chest, which he knew is still healing. Before he could land one punch, I jumped on him, cradling his head in my arm then continuing to punch him in the face over and over again. With each punch that I landed, I felt my anger increase; it wasn’t till his blood started to coat my fist that I started to slow. It wasn’t till I started to slow that I realized tears were rolling down my face, falling onto Mark when my body shook as I threw another punch. Finally, I stopped, hunched over and allowed my sobs to take control of my body. Mark wasn’t moving, his chest wasn’t even moving with a routine breath. I killed him. I reached up and pushed away fresh tears and looked down at his face. Covered in puddles of blood, the stark white bones of his nose splintered and entered his brain. I wiped my face one last time, and picked myself up. I looked around the warehouse and saw bodies lying all over the place, but saw five familiar silhouettes standing together in a circle, waiting for me. I stumbled my way over to them, but as soon as I saw them, I broke. I don’t know who engulfed me in their arms, I couldn’t concentrate, but whoever it was, allowed me to break completely into their chest. My body shook horribly with each sob. Finally I broke away and looked into the eyes of Johnny, he reached up and wiped at my tear/blood stained face. I shook my head and cringed at the thought at what I did to Mark. He was scum, yes; he ruined my life, yes. But how could I do that to him? But this is my usual self; I am an emotion wreck after a kill, especially a kill like this. He had such a huge role in my life, he changed and hurt so many things in me, and now that he’s gone, it’s like I don’t know what to do. Johnny wrapped his arm tightly around my shoulders and the six of us walked to the car together. I sat in the front seat and stared at my bloody hands the entire time, I didn’t say a word, and neither did the boys.

Finally we got to the house and Val met us at the front door.

“Is it done?” She ask, anticipation dripping from her voice. She started to wring her hands eager with anticipation.

“Yes.” Matt mumbled as he harshly rubbed at the wound on his arm. My eyes scanned the boys to see Matt was the only one bleeding. Val got a good look at me and her hands flew to her chest.

“Kate…?” She whispered. I continued walking and walked straight up the stairs to my room. I slammed the door shut then threw my helpless self on my bed. My body screamed in pain as I landed, good. Why am I feeling like this, why am I feeling this torment. The feeling of complete worthlessness. I buried myself in my bed and held my breath to keep myself from screaming. I heard a husky scream from the hallway.

“Oh my god! It’s called Anesthesia!” Matt hollered…I couldn’t even smile because I know I would have felt guilty. Soon, there was a soft knock on my door, Jimmy silently entered my room and lay next to me, throwing a limp arm around my shaking shoulders.

“Katie…” he mumbled. He wasn’t awaiting a response, it was just a statement. I rolled over and turned into his chest. He reached up and wiped at my face, and I felt a slight sting. “You need to get that cleaned up.”

“I’d rather just bleed to death.” I harshly whispered. He sent me a pleading look.

“What happened back there?” The sympathy in his voice made me want to hide myself in his chest and cry.

“I killed him Jimmy…”

“That was the objective Kate.”

“No, I. I just kept going and going, I had no control over myself.” I paused momentarily and he gently squeezed my arm urging me to continue. “I couldn’t stop myself… the thought of stopping didn’t even run through my mind. I crushed his bones right up into his brain. His blood coated my fist.” I cried. “What have I done?”

“It had to be done, and I understand that it hurts right now, but there was not a better person to end him then you. He can’t hurt you any more Kate. You’re free, you are safe.” He carefully pulled me from his chest so he could look into my eyes. His clear, crystal blue eyes affected me more than his words. I nodded my head in agreement as more tears spilled. He pulled me closer to him and tightly hugged me to his chest.

“Now stop crying…please. Go see Zack and get your pretty little cheek cleaned up.” He dramatically kissed both of my cheeks a few times then got up and walked towards the door. He took a few steps out, then returned. “By the way, you are never leaving…we decided…love you!” He once again left the room, this time he didn’t return. Finally, a small smile formed on my lips when the thought of staying with the boys forever entered my mind. As I was told to do so, I slowly got up and clumsily walked to Zack and his ‘hospital room’. He was half sitting on the table with his legs crossed at the ankles.

“I knew you couldn’t resist the opportunity of getting a Batman band Aid.” He laughed. I lightly chucked then got on the table. He didn’t mention Mark, I’m sure Jimmy sent a warning.

“Just the cheek?” He sounded impressed. I nodded, but that comment made me think of Mark, he would need more than a Batman Band Aid. I sighed and looked down, I didn’t respond to the rubbing alcohol, and that absolutely made Zack pause. He took his gloves off and softly took my face in his hands. I tried not to look into his eyes. “Look at me.” He whispered. Slowly, my eyes connected with his. He looked deeply into my eyes, I swear he saw my soul. He was about to speak, instead he pulled me into his chest and I had to bite my lip to keep myself from crying. “Go take a shower, then we can lay down.” He helped me off the table, and I walked to my room, dragging my feet. I gathered my towel and another set of clothes and walked to the bathroom. I made sure the water was painfully hot. I sat under the water and allowed it to massage my sore muscles. I harshly scrubbed my body till my skin was beet red, but even though my skin was clean, it still smelt of murder. After my shower, I quickly dressed while still in the bathroom, then padded into the hallway where I saw Zack waiting for me. He smiled, offered me his arm and we walked to my room. Maturely, he put on cartoons and took a running start and jumped on my bed while I brushed my hair. I lay next to him, with my head on his chest, his arm wrapped tightly around me. I tried my best not to fall asleep because I was scared I would miss him laughing at the TV. His hand mindlessly, softly rubbed my back and he would occasionally kiss the top of my head. The tips of his fingers gently ran over my red, abused skin. I soon fell asleep when I felt my heart begin to slowly mend.

I woke with a tattooed arm stretched across my face. However, someone was still holding me to their chest. I opened my eyes and looked behind me. Zack was holding me with his face buried in my hair…but. Brian was sleeping in front of me with his arm across my face. I groaned loudly, took his arm and threw it to the side.

“Damnit Brian!” I yelled. Both of the boys stirred. Zack spoke first.

“Dude…you need to get some help.” He seriously says as he wipes his eyes.

“I got lonely last night.” Brian shrugs his shoulders. He gets off the bed, send both of us a nasty face then leaves the room. I closed my eyes and sighed.

“I can feel it…Brian is going to fuck this day over with his annoyingness.” Zack groans.

“No…he’s going to fuck your day over, because I am locking myself in here so I can unpack all my shit.” I smile.

After breakfast, and a few sly smiles from Val…I sneaked up into my room and started to unpack. I set up my album player and played my favorite Beatle record. I thoughtlessly danced to The Night Before as I emptied out boxes and put clothes, books and other items away. I felt a pair of hands on my hips, I swear if it is Brian, I am karate chopping his ass to the ground, then continuing to dance and unpack while he sits on the floor and cries. I turned around and Zack faced me with a smile and an out-stretched hand. I blushed and placed my hand in his. His arm encircled me and we slow danced as George sang I Need You to us. I rested my cheek on his shoulder and deeply inhaled his sent. Thank god my face was buried into his shoulder because my face turned bright red when Zack lifted his lips to my ear and whispered the lyrics to the song. I melted into his chest and his arms as we continued to sway side to side.

“Aww…” I lifted my eyes to the door way and saw Val and Matt standing together. Val had this beautiful grin on her face, while Matt looked suspicious. “Too cute.” She whispered. She threw a towel over her shoulder, turned her back to us, threw her head back and yelled. “Heading to the pool yall!”

“You guys have a pool?” I ask Zack looking up with a smile.

“Get dressed.” He smiles. We separate and I watched him leave the room. I quickly get dressed in a bathing suit and opened the door; Zack was waiting for me with two pool towels in his arms. Together we walked down the stairs, through the kitchen to a door, I never noticed, to an awesome backyard that had a pool, basketball court and a beautiful rose garden. I joined Val and relaxed in a chair and rubbed on some tanning oil and watched the boys as they started up a basketball game. I was actually, very surprised that Brian wasn’t running around in a Speedo. I reclined back in the chair and smiled when the sun started to warm my body. I continued to watch the boys, but laugh out loud when I saw Brian standing in the corner, waving his arms frantically, trying to get someone to pass him the ball.

“So Kate, you and Zack?” Val questions a she looks at me over her sunglasses.

“I don’t know.” I said truthfully. “We will find out, I suppose.” I smiled just as Brian threw his arms in the air, giving up on the game and started walking over to Val and myself.

“It’s fabulous out.” He said in a bit of a lisp as he sat down next to me and poured on tanning oil.

“I love you Bri.” I giggled.

“I know.”

I ended up falling asleep, but was awakened when I felt cold water dripping on my bare stomach. I hesitantly opened my eyes to see a silhouette standing over me, letting their long, wet hair drip on me. I blocked the sun’s rays with my hand and saw Jimmy standing over me, sending a goofy smile.

“Can you leave me alone? Go bother Brian.” I say as I point to Brian, who is floating face down in the pool.

“Is he even alive?” Johnny asks.

“Let’s hope not.” Jimmy adds, he walks over to the pool and leans down. “Yea, he’s alive, I can see bubbles.”

“What the hell is he doing?” Zack seriously questions. Brian shoots out of the water and flips his semi-long hair back. “What the hell are you doing?” Zack repeats.

“That…gentleman and ladies…and Zack. Is called making my lungs stronger in case I ever have to hold my breath for more than four minutes.” He smirks as he swims to the ladder. Everyone shares a look.

“Now, I’m serious when I saw this…I hate him.” Johnny glares.

“Guys, guys…I figured out what is wrong with him.” I say as I sit up in my chair, hands outstretched. “It took me a while to figure out…but I think I’ve done it.” I say seriously. They all look to me awaiting my response. “He…is possessed, by a retarded ghost.” I say with wide eyes, my pointer finger in the air. Everyone breaks out into massive smiles, besides Brian, who crosses his arms over his chest and begins to ignore me.

“Philosopher Katie.” Matt dances.

“Yea, yea…you guys are horrible. So, what do you guys want to do for dinner tonight?”

“Phillies!” Brian screams, coming back into the conversation. We continue to ignore him.

“Olive Garden?”

“Checkers?”

“Phillies!”

“Chilies?”

“I wanna go to Phillies!”

“What about the Bistro, I haven’t been there yet.”

“Red Lobster?”

“PHILLIES!”

“Brian shut up!” Everyone screams at the same time. He quickly closes his mouth with wide eyes. I give him a glare which he returns by sticking out his tongue. I take my towel, wad it up and throw it at him, he picks it up wraps it around his head and begins to scream in an Arabic accent

“Hala-Hala-Hala! I want to go to Phillies!”

“Omg, if we go, will you shut the hell up?” Matt questions with both hands covering his face.

“Why, of course.” Brian smiles.

After showers, getting dressed, and more arguing with Brian, we piled into the car and made our way to Phillies which was the place where you could get a cold beer and an awesome burger. We entered the building and took a seat at a massive table, I was surprised when I saw that the table cloth was actually paper. At the end of the table was a big cup of crayons and makers that allowed us to drawl and write all over the paper. Brian, across from me, took a pink marker, drew two huge boobs, wrote my name then connected them with an arrow. He looked up at me and sent a shit-eating grin. I took the marker from his hands and wrote his name and connected it to a picture of a very small penis.

“It’s not that small!” He screamed. I hushed him down, than replied.

“Right, I’m sure.” I roll my eyes and catch him looking into his pants. We ordered our dinner and talked like a family. I felt like things were finally looking up, things were going to be okay. I had a family, friends, people I cared about, and no more killing…however.

“Excuse me. I have a letter of some sort for a…Miss Katie? It was just dropped off by some guy, he did not leave a name.” A male host said as he handed Val a folded red piece of paper. With dread already filling my body. I accepted the paper from Val and opened the paper. My eyes skimmed the letter, and rested on the name Mary Jane ‘Bricktop’. I thought killing Mark was the end of all of this.

But now I am realizing…everything has literally just begun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to my girl for always commenting!!!