Run Away

~

Today was one of them days, I was just happy. And that was nothing unusual but for some reason I was happier today than I have ever been, and I had no idea.
I put the radio on, and opened my curtains to let the sun shine into my room. I glanced across to the house opposite, to see him smiling at me, so I smiled back and waved in a shy manner.

I didn’t know his name, I didn’t know anything about him really, other than that we share the same music interest. We saw each other everyday, we were neighbours, but not a single thing was ever said to each other. He was the cutest boy I had ever seen. But I couldn’t mix in with him, my parents would never approve. I saw who he hangs out with, heard his band practising in his garage and I think they’re amazing! My parents don’t like them though. ‘Troublemakers’ was all my dad ever called them.

I wanted so badly to talk to him, but I’d rather not get in trouble for it. So I always kept quiet. I feel like we have a connection though, sometimes we just stare at each other from our windows and smile simply, almost as if that is our way of saying ‘hello’ to one another.

“Amy!” I heard my mom call from the bottom of the stairs, so I skipped out of my room and looked at her with an eyebrow quirked slightly. She had a case in her hand. “Yes, mom?”

“We have to go see your nana for a few days...will you be okay on your own? We need you to look after the dogs.”

I nodded and walked downstairs “Yes, mom. Tell nana I send my love. Hope she gets better soon.” I frowned slightly. I never really got on with my nana, but she was still family, so of course it was upsetting that she was severely ill.

They grabbed their stuff, both giving me a kiss on the cheek and then left. I watched them drive away from the front porch, unaware of the five pairs of eyes watching me as I waved goodbye to my parents.

“About damn time that they went.” I jumped half out of my skin as the boy from across the road appeared by my side.

“Shit! Don’t do that!”

He chuckled. Oh, it sounded almost heavenly. Being this close up to him, made me see how good looking he really was, he wore eyeliner which was enough to make me weak at the knees. His black hair was spiked with product and I wanted to just run my fingers through it.

“I shouldn’t be talking to you..” I blurted out, then went wide eyed. Why did I say that? It made him frown. [Oh god, don’t do that

“Why not?” He responded simply as I looked anywhere but at him.

“My parents...think you’re trouble.”

He smirked now, and I had to bite my lip from leaning up to kiss him. I don’t know where these feelings were suddenly coming from.

“Look, we’ve been watching each other since I moved in. I know your parents don’t want me to talk to you...they told me to stay away themselves. But the truth is, you’re really beautiful.”

His words made a blush creep up on my cheeks and then he took my hand in his, it was rough but smooth in the wierdest way and then he just smiled and pecked the back of my hand, his soft lips lingered against my skin.

“You’re beautiful and I want to get to know you...I’m Brian...or Syn.”

Syn... ironic. If my parents ever found out that I was talking to him right now, surely they would condemn both of us to hell. I’d go to hell with him though. There was something about this boy.

“Amy.” I mumbled, watching his face closely. “Do you feel it too?”

He merely nodded and laced our fingers, “The sparks in my stomach? Yes.”

My skin was tingling from his touch, I had a major case of the butterflies, and I just couldn’t take my eyes off him at all, it was like we had known each other for years; I was comfortable but slightly nervous around him.

“I’ll never be allowed to be with you.” I frowned as he moved into kiss me. I turned my head to the side. I couldn’t get attached, I’d only get hurt in the end.

“Then we should run away.” He whispered against my cheek, he was so close to me now, I could feel his body heat. I had never wanted to melt into someones arms this badly before. To run away was so tempting. Honestly, I wanted to because something about this boy just drew me in.

“At least come on the bands first tour...”

2 months later.

We never spoke again after that day, but we would still steal glances at each other from our bedroom windows, knowing full well what we both want.

When I glanced out my window, he was there. Holding a sign to the window ‘The offer still stands. We leave tomorrow.’

I just shook my head and pulled the curtains closed before laying down on my bed with a sigh. I would go. But my parents would absolutely kill me, they’d never talk to me again.

The angel and the devil appeared on my shoulder. One side telling me to go. One telling me to stay and it was a hard decision. If I went and things worked out, things would be okay. But if not, then I risk losing my parents and being homeless.

I rolled onto my side, deep in thought and let myself slowly fall asleep.

It was like, no sooner I had closed my eyes that they were open again, the daylight streaming into my room through the slight opening of the curtains. I heard voices outside and stood up to check. Brian was leaving for tour today. A sadness washed over me, I wanted so badly to go out there and say something to him.

He glanced up at me and gave a small wave before getting onto the bus. Then he was gone.
My heart broke, and for some reason I started to cry, I felt like I was never going to see him again.

I jolted awake, my face wet and I glanced around. It was just a dream. I looked at the window, it was just getting light outside, so I had plenty of time. Within a few minutes my backpack was full of essentials.

‘Mom, Dad.

I’m sorry, this is something I had to do. I love you xAx’


‘I’m glad you changed your mind.’ Brian grinned softly down at me as I reached the bus parked in the road.

‘Shut up.’ It took me a split second to grab his face and another millisecond to crash my lips to his for a few moments before I pulled away and whispered ‘Lets run away for a bit.’
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh. I tried.