Status: In Progress

Rain

Prologue

Rain

By Crystalin Melody Thyme

Prologue

She stared into the dark, cold, ruthless, and hungry eyes of her killer. She knew she should be scared in this situation, but she felt disconnected. None of this was real; none of it could be real. And yet she knew it was. It was like she was an impassive observer: she could hear, see, and smell everything like she was going through it, but she couldn’t feel anything. She could hear her heart beating fast and loudly in her chest, causing her killer to become even more frenzied in his movements.

She was tied to a chair, not very original on her captive’s part she thought, but that didn’t really matter. She was in pain, but that is not what she was thinking about. She did not want to give the bastard the satisfaction of watching her suffer, so instead she turned her mind to the thoughts she wanted to think in her last moments. She thought of her castle by the bay, the rain, and those hypnotic blue-green eyes that led her here. She could not stop thinking about how he would feel. She knew she had to, that there was no other way, but she couldn’t help but picture his eyes as he found out what she did. She wondered where he was, and if he was thinking of her. She could feel what being apart was doing to her, and she knew that she had no strength to resist the supernatural force that was the evil standing in front of her. Yet, she didn’t want him to come save her, because she knew that was what had been the plot planned upon..

As the horrible smelling vampire had phrased while he grabbed her and restrained her to this stupid, uncomfortable chair, “You are simply a pawn; your sweetheart is the one I’m after. I can’t wait till I see his face as I drain every bit of your life away.” That was all he said to her after she got captured, between cackling and booming out a laugh she didn’t think was possible. But if it was to be her life, so be it, she thought. She just wished he would be wiser about his life then she was hers. She did it for love, and she knew she could not live with herself had she chosen not to. But still…

She thought about him and her heart got lighter like it did when he was around. She could smell the rain, and it felt like he was here. She knew this had to be her vivid imagination; he was not here to save her.

She was so stuck in her fantasy that she didn’t hear the bangs and the scuffle that ensued. The only thing that brought her out of her reverie was a sharp pain in her wrist that crushed the already fragile bones there. She screamed a blood-curdling scream, and when she opened her eyes, the only things she was aware of were the smell of the rain and those two hypnotizing blue-green eyes. And as she fell into the blackness, she knew it would be okay, because he would always be there to catch her.