Status: Another story. Not a sequel.

Just a Painter

Beach

When Ava first brought her brother over,he was nervous. I could tell that she was afraid we would judge. This kid was like her own which I admired. She wasn't like most teenage girls with small siblings. She wasn't Cara. It was bad that I had to remind myself but she was a huge part of my life. Ava wasn't her. She was fun,exciting and so damn gorgoues without even trying.
I couldn't help stare while she made us pancakes. Mike and Tony where over ,I think they spent the night. Ava just let us all in without second guessing which surpised me since we are rambusous and out there. She accepted us. Last night he told me she didn't want to be lonely. Maybe that's why. She made us her friends so she had reasons to stay.
When Rory left the room,my brother explained last night . Ava picked up my dumb brother and friend. I was sleeping when this all went down . I was happy I had Ava to pick up some pieces.

After breakfast,Ava suggested the beach. We all looked dead and luggish but we needed fresh air. We didn't argue.
The beach was relaxing,not many people. We played in the Ocean,laughing until about five. I took Rory from Ava's tanned arms.
Unlike most kids ,he stayed quiet and didn't fuss.
Once everyone was feed and Rory was in bed. Ava's mom greeted us when she walked in. We were all scattered in the living room.
Her mom patted her daughter's head as she passed.
"Kitchen ,Ava." Her mom clearly,exhausted. I feared the worst.
When Ava got up up ,I said in a whispered "her mom hates us!"
They sighed . Tony punched my arm "Shut up ,Vic. You always think that. Cara's mom was just mean."
He was right. I had to forget her.
Ava came back. "She's not mad ,baby."she giggled,reading my mind. I relaxed.
"She just asked if we wanted anything and it was okay if I left with you.My job is done for tonight." She added. Her mom then yelled "Get the fuck out and be teenagers!" Not a conventional mom.
We chuckled as we scrambled to our feet.
"Hey,We are gonna go to Jaime's.Leave you two love birds alone for once." Mike shared.
"No fights tonight,promise." Tony smiled. Ava hugged them.
Everyone was her child.
We walked through the cool night ,holding hands and softly speaking.
I noticed a familiar figure approaching us with a tall,handsome guy tagging along. Fuck. Cara.
I groaned and tried to turn but still, she waved to us.
"Fuck." Ava mumbled. She looked scared and clung to my side. I never seen her like that.
"Vic! Ohmygawd!" Cara screamed,fucking hugging me like she didn't break my heart.
"Who's this?" She asked her voice squeaky like always. God,it was annoying.
"My girlfriend,Ava." I smiled at the nervous girl. She kissed my hand in response.
"Since when? That's so good. This is Austin." She spoke again,causing us to snap back to reality.
"Umm,a week ,I guess." She moved about three weeks,our first date was Sunday .So yeah ,a week.
"Do you go to our school?" I wanted to continure walking.
"No. Um " Ava started but I finished "she was homeschooled this year so,she finished early."
I turned to her "Smarty pants." She scrunched up her face then kissed my lips.
"We have to go." Ava told Cara. Jealousy on her face made Ava cocky. We waved then walked away.
"Christ! That bitch was fucking annoying. Was that your ex?"
I nodded. We were now sitting in the sand.
"Dodged a bullet ,but she is kinda hot. so good for you,son." She bursted out laughing,falling back. No,you're the hot,sexy one that laughs at silly things and cares about everyone.
"I did. Caught something better."
She looked up at me with her eyes wide,she but her lower lip.
"I think I'm falling for you." I leaned down and kissed her lips.
Whilst making out ,we heard that squeaky voice again. Fuck. I thought she had parties to attend.
"Hey,Vic. Jeez." Ava groaned under my lips.
"Pretend that we're dead." She whispered. I smiled.
"Hey,Cara. Where's Austin?" I asked when I let go.
"He left. I didn't think I would see you here,again."
Why is she doing this. Ava took out her phone.
"Cara,you fucked me up. Stop doing this. I am happy with Ava. She's good to me. " I was standing,defending myself. Wow,hello balls.
Ava patted my foot for support. "I wanted to tell you I am sorry." A fucking tear. I didn't know what to do. I never stood up for myself.
"Fuck off,Cara. Vic,is finally happy ,you can't fuck him anymore."
Ava's voice calm and even. She took my hand ,pulling me away.
In my room,I sat on my bed. She leaned into me and played with my hair,kissing my face.
" You'll be okay."