Status: Another story. Not a sequel.

Just a Painter

First Date

"Shit!" I screamed . All my clothes were on my floor,bed and I was freaking out. Rory giggle then ran away before I turned around. Mom came in to help. She sat on my bed an folded a shirt.
"I don't know what to wear. " I was sitting on the floor now.
"He's really cute . Wear this." She handed me my favorite stripped sundress. It showed off my pale,scarred legs but made my breasts look perky. "Okay. I don't know why I'm nervous. We're friends." I shared. I slipped out I my shorts and shirt and into the cotton dress. I turled around,mom smiled.
"It's all new to you and it's been years,dear."
"I kissed him too." I admitted ,putting some clothes away.
I didn't have an older sister but my mom was there when I needed her. She was chill but when I was younger she was strict.
She gave me a side look. "Before I picked up Rory. I went for a walk then to his house."
"Then you don't have to worry about the awkward first now."
My mom didn't push or say inappropriate comments. It's been easy to talk to her now. She gave me some advice before Vic knocked on the door. I hugged mom then answered the door.
Vic was wearing black skinny jeans, a peach button-up shirt with flowers on it and his hair was straight. He had flowers.
Holy shit,he bought me daisies. My favorite.
"Vic." I sounded like a thirteen year old on her first date.
I hugged him.
"You look lovely ." We headed back to his car. I asked him where we were going.
"It's a surprise." He winked. Hate you. We drove for about twenty minutes. It was a small resturant on a Main Street.
"Veggie Heaven." I read. I smiled. So perfect.
We sat a booth.
"So many choices." I mumbled. We ordered drinks.
"This is my first date in two years." I shared. I sipped my water.
"It's been like two months." I nodded.
"How long was that relantionship?"
He looked at his hands on the table then back at me.
"Two years. " I stared at him . That's long.
"That's long for couple of kids." I mentioned,another sip.
Should I ask? I'm curious. Did he break it up with her? Oh ,god stop me.
"Go ahead an ask. It's okay. I'm over her." He sighed.
I leaned forward. "Why did it end?"
"I changed . She didn't like how I was," he started looking down.
Please don't ruin this,Ava.
I waited ,gave him time. "I just stopped wanting to go to the parties or be with her friends. It got old,you know. I wanted to focus on my band and she wanted the party life."
I nodded. Our food arrived.
"That must have sucked. Did you love her?"
He scrunched his face. I giggled "I bet you did. "
"Okay.Your turn."
I groaned. " last one ,I was like fifteen and had been in this town for awhile. He was in a few of my classes and I don't know,we hung out a few times and that was it."
Vic stared at me as he chewed his food. "Did you love him."
"Nah. It was pretty much sex ." I admitted not proud.
"Fifteen!" He shouted. I waved my hands over his mouth. The people in the resturant looked over.
"He was like seventeen. I don't know. I was dumb and yeah,in love." That was the truth. I did love the guy. He was my first.
"How old were you?" I questioned,sitting down.
"17." He mumbled. I reached over for his hand.
"Oh ." He looked upset.
"Um. It was her,mind you." I put my hands up in defense.
"No judgement. You waited." I smiled.
After we ate we headed home. The conversation changed.
"Vic ? " I asked.
"What's your favorite color?"
He giggled. "Blue."
"Orange." We went back a further with simple questions until we parked in his driveway.
"Want to come in?" He offered. I nodded. It always end like this but I trusted Vic.
We went straight to his room. The house empty.
We sat on his bed. "Um. Can we just make out? My last first date ended like this and Everything sucked." Should I tell him everything? I needed to wait. Calm down.
"Vic,there is alot I want to tell you," I spoke looking at Vic," but I need time."
Vic kissed my hand . "Take your time,darling."
I could breathe. He wanted a relantionship not a fling.
I wrapped my arms around his waist ,now on his lap,I laid my head on his shoulder. He rubbed my back. Safe.
I felt calm and safe for once.
♠ ♠ ♠
Vic and Ava - 17 almost 18
Tony-16
Jaime-17
Mike-15