For The Both Of Us

Chapter 1

Kayleigh hop out of her car and started walking to the gas station. It wasn't very big but it was crowded, you could see from outside lots of people in tables and lining up.
"Maybe this wasn't a good idea" she thought. She didn't like being with big crowds, that was the main reason of why she decided to travel across the country alone. A new adventure, new places to visit, maybe people to meet.
She breathed deeply and entered the place. The door was heavy and it left black marks on Kayleigh hands. She scrunched her face and cleaned her hands on her pants. Kayleigh approached the counter where a pretty blonde woman was attending the costumers. She caught her eye and started walking towards her.
"Hey young lady, what can I do for you?" She flashed a big white smile and it radiates confidence. It made Kayleigh feel a bit less nervous.
"Um... can I have a cup of coffee?" The blonde woman nodded and walked to the back of the place, shouting something to someone that was there.
The green eyed girl sat on a red stool and looked around her. All the people she saw from outside was sat and a few of them were looking at her. It made her uncomfortable so she looked straight to the calendar that was in front of her.
She got lost in her thoughts and the steamy cup of coffee made her come back to real world.
"Anything else?" The woman asked, looking at the people behind her. They started to whistle and scream 'Jo' so Kayleigh thought it was her name. Jo looked at them with a playful smile on her lips.
"No, it's okay"
"Okay sweetie, call me if you need anything" Kayleigh nodded when the woman started talking again "And if these gentlemen bothers you" She raised her voice and the guys behind shut up and looked at the woman with an amusing expresion "Just tell me, I know what to do"
"Uuh Jo you party pooper!" A voice said, it was a bit raspy but it was nice to hear, like one of those who work in the radio station.
Kayleigh decided to focus on her coffee until she went back to the road. The only sounds were the quiet bustle, the soft music playing and the fan blades slowly cutting the air.
A few minutes passed and it Kayleigh finished her already cold coffee. She stretched and walk out to her car, but before completely exiting she turned to see who were those voices without faces.
A large group of people was gathered around a few tables, but one caught her eye. There were 5 people sat, but one was looking at her.
A strong guy with soft dark caramel hair, and a soft smile on his lips. She looked away quickly, she didn't want to blush in front of those people. Kayleigh walked to her car, turned the key and started to make her way to a new place.

4 hours later

"Fuck, no way" Kayleigh swore as her car slowly stopped and started to spit grey smoke.
She went out of the car, standing aside of it, waiting for the thick smoke to clear. She opened the hood and tried to do something, see what was wrong, even though se didn't know anything about cars. "This is just brilliant"
Kaileigh kicked a rock that was in her way, the sun was in the highest point, it was burning her skin, she could sense how it was baking her skin like a cake.
She couldn't do anything, no one to call. She saw a car passing by, a young man driving it, Kayleigh signaled to him but he just smirked and continued his way.
"Asshole" Kayleigh decided to sit in the car with the door open and wait for a miracle.

Another 2 hours passed until she heard a car roar, but it wasn't like anything she heard before, more like a truck or a bus, but hey, she wasn't going to waste an opportunity to get out of that hell.
A minute passed and she could see the fron of a big bus. She had seen it before, but she couln't place it.
She got out off the car and started to sign the bus to stop. The driver saw her and started to turn to the left, where she was. A tall figure appeared in the driver's side with a confused expression but when he saw Kayleigh he smiled and said something to the back of the bus.
She saw the bus stop, and another bus, that was behind it, started to slow down but the driver told the other driver to continue.

"Hey, what happened?" the driver said while going downstairs.
"I don't know, I've been like this for more than 2 hours because I don't know anything about cars"
"Well let's see" The man rolled up his sleeves and walked to the car.
"Thanks for stopping"
"It's nothing, I stopped because I saw you before, and the noise this thing made when you started the engine told me that you were going to need help, I didn't think it would go this far" he laughed, a nice laugh, one that a grandfather would made, she liked it.
Kayleigh watched as the man worked, he started to take out some wiresa and other pieces she didn't even know it existed, when a she felt a tap in her shoulder.
"Hey I'm Jack" A really tall and skinny boy held a hand in front of her. His appearence was funny and it showed something that made her feel comfortable.
"I'm Kayleigh" The short girl shook his long hand and smiled at him.
"What happened?"
"I don't know, it just started to spit smoke"
"Well, whatever it is our driver will fix it"
"I hope so"
"Let me introduce you to the rest of the people"
"Sure" Kayleigh nodded nervously, she wasn't used to this kind of thing, she was used to be alone and spend time with herself. She hoped for the driver to finish quickly.
That Jack boy lead the brunnette to the end of the stairs and yelled three names to get off the bus.
First it was a not-so-tall boy, with brown hair, a book in his hand, and a folding chair in the other. He stopped in the last stair, looked at Jack with a raised eyebrow and then at the girl.
"Hey Rian, this is- how was it?"
"Kayleigh, nice to meet you" She held her hand but the boy couldn't shook as he had his hands busy.
"Sorry, nice to meet you too" He shot an apologised smile to the girl.
"Don't worry" She laughed and watched as the boy opened the chair and started to read.
Then it was the turn of a tall boy, with caramel hair too, brown eyes and a smirk in his face. He smiled devilish to Jack and she could see the skinny boy nodding to him.
"This is Alex, he's an asshole, you shouldn't talk to him" The boy on the bus rolled his eyes.
"He's lying, I'm nicer than a grandma" Kayleigh laughed and shook the hand he was holding. "Nice to meet you um..."
"Kayleigh"
"Yeah, Kayleigh" He smirked and elbowed Jack in the ribs while raising his thick eyebrows.
She looked at him a bit puzzled but when she turned to see the other guy left she knew why Alex and Jack were acting like that. It was the boy from the gas station, the one she looked at and blushed, she was sure that one of them saw her.
"Uh.. I'm Zack" The bok said rubbing his neck. He was really shy compared to the others.
"Kayleigh" They shook sweaty hands and turn to the others. Jack and Alex were grinning like fools and Rian was in his chair, reading his book with big eyes.
"Well, looks like your car is going to take a while" Alex was the first to speak.
"Hopefully not" The girl said looking at her feet.
"Aw, did we scare you already? It usually takes a few hours" This time was Jack the one to speak. Both boys laughed and Kayleigh had to laugh too, it was contagious.
"Let's go inside, it's boiling hot in here" Alex entered the bus and Jack and Zack followed him.
"How about him?" Kayleigh pointed to Rian
"Don't worry, he'll enter when he feels his skin falling.

The bus was chilly inside, so much better than Kayleigh's old car. It was quite big, with sofas and kitchen, and a door she thought it lead to some bunks.
"Are you guys rich or something? How come you have this bus?"
They laughed and looked at each other.
"We are a band, we are currently touring the country"
"Oh" Kayleigh's mouth opened and the things clicked. The bus, the driver, the other bus, probably roadies, and the acustic guitar near the sofa they were sat on.
"How about you?"
"Um, I'm travelling too, trying to get away from routine"
"That's good, we did that once too, and look where we ended up" Alex motioned the bus with his arms and they laughed.
They started to talk, about everything, about stupid things, whatever it fell from their mouths. She quickly discovered that Jack and Alex liked dick jokes and pretend they were gays together.
Zack told her lots of things about them and made her laughed. He was a nice guy to be around, after an hour she felt like they were long time friends, she felt good.
The driver entered the bus with sweat on his forehead and car oil in his t-shirt.
"Hey young lady, I think your car is ready"
"Oh my God, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you" Kayleigh almost jumped or happiness but she controlled herself because she was in a bus with people she had only know for an hour.
"So you are leaving us" Zack said with a fake sad face.
"Aw don't worry guys, I'll see you the next time my car breaks down"
"Hey, you aren't leaving without our phones, and we want yours too, we are friends now" Alex said with a strange face and voice, it made the girl laugh.
"Okay, but if you are creeps or something... I swear to God"
"Kayleigh, If we were creeps you would probably be dead or something in the back of our bus"
"Yeah whatever" The brunette said as she rolled her eyes and laughed.

They exchanged phone numbers and Kayleigh left the bus with a promise or a phone call from Jack, even though, secretly the only phone call she wanted was Zack's. That boy had a special place in Kayleigh and she was hoping that she was a bit special too.
When she entered her car, the bus was already moving. The driver and the four boys waved at her, Rian a bit less, he was practically baked from the sun, the sunglasses mark plastered in his face. Kayleigh laughed and turned the engine, the day she thought it was going to be ordinary ended up being pretty awesome thanks to those boys.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not finished yet gurl :)) I think I will put another chapter or something okay? I hope you like it