Status: On-Going

Lady of Nyv

If The Forest Had Eyes

Ona did not realize she had fallen asleep until she felt someone shaking her awake. She awoke groggily. As her eyes struggled to open, she was aware of a presence standing above her. Her eyes finally adjusted to the lack of light and she recognized Kol’s deep red eyes gleaming in the night.

“What is happening? Is Maevyn all right?” She exclaimed.

She had left the sleeping girl’s side a few moments after she had fallen asleep because she could not sleep with another person so close. She rolled onto her side, looking at the tree next to her where Maevyn was asleep. She could faintly see her long, blonde hair cascading around her sleeping form. She smiled softly, relieved.

“Maevyn is fine, do not worry.” Kol replied.

His voice was soothing and Ona felt her tense muscles relax.

Kol pulled her gently to her feet and took her by the hand.

“Follow me.” He whispered.

She obeyed wordlessly, curious as to where he was taking her in the middle of the night. They walked carefully through the dense foliage, stepping over twigs and branches so they did not make a sound.

Finally, they stood below a large tree. Its trunk was as thick a five men across, and the branches were long, yet sturdy. The bark was thick and t’was gnarled in some places, allowing for Kol to climb up the tree with ease. Ona followed Kol closely, being sure to follow his trail exactly.

The bark was rough against her fingers, much like the rusted parts of the iron gates which protected Castle Nyv.

Kol stopped suddenly above her. Her climbed onto a long, thick branch and beckoned for her to join him. As Ona carefully climbed onto the branch, Kol positioned his body so it lay next to the trunk of the tree. Ona sat in front of him, and Kol pulled her toward him gently, hugging her around the middle, so she was securely pressed against him.

Ona leaned back against his chest, laying her head between his shoulder and his neck. She shivered slightly as he breathed into her hair.

“Why did you bring me here?” She asked.

“I thought t’would be nice to be alone whilst the others were sleeping.”

Ona pondered this statement for a few moments.

“Is that the only reason?” She asked.

Kol sighed.

“I saw the way that you were with Maevyn today. You were so caring and empathetic and maternal. It made me realize how much I want to be around you, Ona.” He confessed.

“Watching your expressions when you spoke of your family at home made me realize that I needed to be more maternal to Maevyn.” She confessed.

She could feel Kol smiling into her hair as she said those words.

Ona looked around as she waited for Kol to say something. She could not see much of anything due to the darkness, but she suspected that t’would be a breathtaking view during the day.

Ona detached herself from Kol, rotating her body so that she was facing him. She placed her legs on either side of the branch and met his curious gaze.

“Did I make you uncomfortable, M’Lady?” He asked.

“No, not at all.”

“Why did you move?” He asked with a bemused expression.

“I decided that I would rather look at you than some leaves.” She replied with a sly smile.

In the darkness - Ona could not say for sure – but, she suspected that Kol had blushed at her statement. As she looked into his fiery eyes, Kol leaned forward and kissed her lips gently. She laced her fingers together at the back of his neck and kissed him back passionately.

After a few moments, Kol pulled away, choosing instead to rest his forehead against hers.

“I missed you.” He whispered.

“I missed you, too.” She breathed.