Horror Movie

Movie Choices

“No!” Soul stated firmly as soon as he saw the object in my hand, “We are not watching another sob story! No way in hell!” Soul continued as he looked at the DVD I was holding up.

“But Soul!” I whined as I jabbed at the cover of the case, “It’s Titanic, the greatest love tragedy of all time!”

“Yeah and do you remember what happened the last time we watched a sad movie?” Soul asked accusingly.

“Um…no…” I lied as I shifted my gaze away from his, uncomfortably.

“You used 10 boxes of tissues!” Soul exploded. “10!” he emphasized then incriminated further, “Not to mention you filled the entire room up with your garbage and I had to clean it all up because you couldn’t even look at the TV without bursting into tears.”

I looked at the floor guiltily.

It was true.

After watching Romeo and Juliet, I couldn’t even sit on the living room couch without breaking down.
It took about a week for me to settle down and both Soul and Maka vowed never to let me watch a tragedy ever again.

I sighed and said dejectedly, “Alright fine. You win. What do you want to watch?”

Soul smirked as he rummaged through the DVD collection. After a couple of seconds of shuffling, he produced a blood red DVD case.

My stomach turned just at the sight of cover.

“Please tell me that is NOT a horror movie.” I begged, desperately.

“Yup!” Soul declared with an evil grin as he popped the DVD into the TV.

I groaned and asked despairingly, “Can we watch something else? Please?”

“Why you scared?” the albino teased as he plopped onto the couch.

“N-no…” I stuttered.

Soul arched an eyebrow. It was clear that he saw right through the blatant lie.

“Maybe…” I added truthfully.

Soul rolled his eyes as he proceeded to play the movie. Knowing there was nothing I could possibly say to change Soul’s choice, I reluctantly sat down on the couch beside him.

‘Let the horror begin.’ I thought dryly.