Horror Movie

Soul Room

Not wanting to break the kiss, but desperately in need of air, I pulled away and was surprised to find myself in a place that I haven’t been to in ages.

“How did I get here?” I asked woozily, my mind still hazy from our previous intimate act. I looked around the familiar room trying to remember the last time I was here.

The checkered floors were still the same black and white colors and the grand piano, along with the old record player still stood in their respective places.

“Well, obviously we’re performing a soul resonance without even knowing it… again.” Soul replied as I looked towards him.

I noticed that he was no longer wearing the shorts and tee-shirt that acted as his pajamas. Instead, he had on a pinstriped suit with matching dress pants as well as a red collared shirt underneath topped with a nice black tie. I glanced down and saw that my attire was completely different as well. In place of my night gown, I had on a long, black dress along with a vibrant green necklace that brought out my emerald orbs.

I used to find myself coming to this room quite frequently in the past. However, lately, I realized that I haven’t been visiting as often.

I laughed and said, “Wow, I haven’t been here in forever.”

“Yeah and whose fault do you think that is?” Soul accused.

I smiled sheepishly as I rubbed the back of my neck.

“Sorry,” I said bashfully, “I needed some time to straighten out my feelings.”

Soul smirked and said, “It took you long enough.”

“Yeah, well, if you would’ve just admitted that you liked me, I probably wouldn’t have had to take so long.” I countered, crossing my arms defiantly.

“Well, if you didn’t act so weird around me, I probably would’ve told you.” Soul retorted arrogantly as he stuck his head in my face, trying to intimidate me.

“Well if you didn’t make me feel so weird around you, I wouldn’t have had to act so weird.” I retaliated as I leaned closer to the albino. Two can play at this game.

“Well, if you didn’t like me, then you wouldn’t have had to feel weird around me now, would you?” Soul said deviously.

Crap. He got me there.

“Yeah, well…” I started, racking my brain for something – anything – to say.

Soul peered at me expectantly.

“Um…well...” I continued, brows furrowing in concentration.

“Yeah?” Soul asked anxiously as he leaned in closer, ears cocked in waiting.

“Oh just shut up and kiss me!” I yelled with a hint of annoyance as I uncrossed my arms and slung them around his neck.

The weapon grinned victoriously and obliged as his lips met mine once more in a passionately, deep kiss; one with more fervor than the last.

Once again I found my hands in his hair as our tongues wrestled for dominance. Soul’s arm snaked around my waist, drawing me closer to his warm chest. The silky material of my midnight black dress provided a cool sensation that contrasted perfectly with the hot kiss.

I groaned in irritation as his tongue forced mine down but found myself moaning in contentment at the feel of his appendage caressing my mouth. He explored every inch of my aperture leaving nothing untouched.

Tired of him having all the fun, I shoved his tongue back into his mouth as I plunged my own into his warm cavern. Now it was his turn to groan as my tongue stroked the inside of his mouth gently. I made sure to leave no territory unmarked as my tongue continued its ministrations.

It was only when I felt my oxygen deprived lungs giving way that I broke the kiss reluctantly. Our heavy breathing filled the silent room as I nuzzled my head into the crook of his neck. His hands found their way to the small as my back as he pushed me closer to him.

“I love you.” I breathed softly.

“I know.” Soul said quietly as he laid his head on top of mine.

Without warning, the record player began to play a slow and graceful waltz.

Soul smirked and whisked me away into an elegant yet complex dance. I prayed that I wouldn’t mess up this beautiful moment as the albino lead me in a series of twists and turns.

I was a total klutz but surprisingly, I didn’t falter.

Not once.

The music spoke to my soul as we moved fluidly across the floor.

I observed the photographs that hung on the walls around me. To my astonishment, the pictures were all ones I recognized. I’ve seen them in my own head a million times.

I smiled as a thought came to my mind.

“I have something I want to show you.” I said as the weapon led me into a twirl.

“Yeah,” Soul asked, “and what might that be?”

“It’s in my room.” I said as I pointed at the black doors that linked our soul rooms together.

The albino paused then asked, “Are you sure you want to show me?”

I felt a surge of endearment at the thought that Soul cared about me enough to respect my privacy. After all, a person’s soul room was where they kept all their deepest secrets.

I nodded as I took Soul’s hand and guided him towards the door.

“You showed me yours. So, I think it’s only fair that I showed you mine too.” I said then added quietly, “Besides, you need to know.”

“I need to know what?” Soul asked curiously.

“You need to know about me.” I said as I took a deep breath and pushed open the large double doors.

…Everything about me.