White

sechs

We never get new people.

We are the ones who can never leave. To lost to be saved.

Our souls are gone. We have nothing left but hatred. Or lust. Or that itch.

The need to kill.

We are the ones they will keep forever. We will die here.

Sedated. Medicated. Lost to the world.

I've been here six years. Since I turned twenty. Since the day I lost my mind and blew up an entire street. Killing fifty to get to one man.

But he deserved it. He ran away from me. I loved him. He pretended he didn't know me. And he ran to that other man.

So I killed him. And everyone who was in the way.

And they sent me here.

The doors are always locked. Except meal times. And when we talk to the doctors. Or when the supervise us while we talk with other patients.

I gulp back a handful of pills and some juice with a grimace. The nurse shivers. I give her my best hungry shark smile. Just to see the fear in her eyes.

One of the down stairs nurses comes up. She talks with the nurse behind the counter in a hushed tone.

Then they go to the door and bring in someone I've never seen.

He is as white as fresh fallen snow. But he smells like blood.

My lips curl into a smile.

I like him.

He'll be mine.