White

sieben

The nurses are frightened. I spent to long in the room with the doctor. They were worried about me. He has a reputation.

They saw the blood. They saw me sleeping peacefully in the brown chair, dried blood, wet blood. Rusty beautiful and crimson. Splattered across the walls. Pooling on the floor. Hand prints and streaking and footprints.

And the smell. Like rain on asphalt. Like a grave yard. like death and blood.

There was lots of screaming. A dart in my neck. Then everything is fuzzy.

I wake in a white room. Tied down to a bed with brown leather straps. The red is gone. They put me in a white jacket that makes it to where I can't move. I'm trapped.

Biely. Poor poor Biely.

All alone.

Drowning in the white.

Remember that day?

When you killed your brother?

He was so red.

So beautiful.


"Let me out of here." I plead to the nurse.

"Oh you're awake." She walks over and undoes the bed straps. But not the jacket.

"I just got of the phone with your main doctor, and she says you are to be moved upstairs."

Upstairs.

Where the truly psychotic patients go.

The ones that scream at night. Scream like the voices. Scream like my soul.

I feel a prick in the back of my neck. And then it is blank. Black.

I wake up a bit later in a new room. It has white walls. A white bed. No windows. It doesn't have the wooden frame or the desk. Just a white floor. Padded walls. Padded frame.

White.

Like they are erasing me.

"You are just in time." The nurse says. "You get to meet the others. It's rec hour."

I nod.

Oh what fun.

Let's meet the new ones.

Let's see the others.

They are like us.

They are itching to kill.


She leads me down the hall to a grey door, and pushes me in after undoing the straps. She doesn't take it off. Just undoes it so I can move.

The nurse follows after me. She introduces me to a nurse.

Someone is staring.

I look at them from under my bangs.

He is tall and lean, but strong looking. His hair is black. Red when the light touches it. His eyes are too. His skin is as white as mine.

The nurse calls for everyone's attention. "This is Biely." She says. "He'll be staying in your block. Make him welcome."

Just before pushing me into the crowd she whispers. "Beware of Craven. He's bad luck."

They don't speak to me. They ignore me. I fade into the walls and the floors. Washed away into the white by the rain.

The cute one sits next to me.

oh I like him.

We like him.

Biely. He's red.

We love red.

He smells like blood.

And fire.

He likes you.

Look at the way he stares at us.

Let's kiss him.

Let's steal him.

He is so red.

So very red.


"Hi." He smirks. His voice is like a hurricane. "I'm Craven."