Dying Perfection

More Friends

Leilani and I were wandering the hallways. “I’m bored.” Leilani said. “There’s never anything good to do in the morning.”
“We could play truth or dare.” I said.
“Sure, you start. I pick dare.” Leilani said.
“I dare you to…” I scanned the hallway, I wanted her to pick truth, but I figured she eventually would. “I dare you to go up to that guy and tell him he’s sexy.”
Leilani walked up to the guy. “Damn! You’re sexy!” She said, wanting to make a big joke out of it.
The guy looked down at her, he had blue eyes and short blonde hair that looked a bit like a buzz cut. “You’re not that bad looking yourself.” I almost burst out laughing, the guy must have thought she had MCMs, or else he would have treated her like dirt. “I’m Trevor, what’s your name.” The guy put out his hand.
Leilani looked at it, but eventually shook it. “I’m Leilani.”
“That name is beautiful.” He said. “Here are my friends, Jason and Cody.” I nearly burst out laughing, the guy had no clue it was just a big joke. The guy named Cody shook Leilani’s hand.
“I’m actually already know Jason.” Leilani explained. “We’re friends.”
“Really?” Trevor said.
“Yeah,” Jason spoke up. “We hang out in social.”
“Then why haven’t you told me about her,” Trevor whispered. “She’s beautiful.” I was shocked, it was probably the first time in the history of MCMs that someone with MCMs was attracted to a normal.
“And who are you?” Trevor looked at me.
“I’m Hera, Leilani’s best friend.” I hoped what I had said was true. If I wasn’t her best friend I’d at least be her best girl friend.
Trevor shook my hand. “Do you not have MCMs?” He asked, I know by my appearance he probably figured that I did.
“I don’t have any.” I said. “And neither does Leilani.” Trevor stared at Leilani, obviously surprised that her beauty was genuine.
The bell rang. “See ya.” Leilani said and headed off to her locker. “Why did you say that you were my best friend?” She asked.
“I thought I was. If not, I’m your best girl friend.” I said.
“I guess you’re right.” Leilani said. “You’re my only friend who’s a girl. My other friends are Makaio, Ajax, Sam and Jason.” She said.
In social we were handed a sheet. It read “Evolution of Man, Why and How do we Evolve?” on the top.
“Evolution is something all animals have done through out the years.” Mrs. Cox started. “If not for evolution we would still be a small organism. But why is evolution so important? Did we really have to change our ways, or would we still be fine if we hadn’t evolved? How do change our bodies and physical form to evolve? I want you to answer these questions and more in your upcoming project.
“The project is to show evolution and to answer the questions in a movie. We want everything to be simplified so a child could understand. To make it further simplified no more than five hundred words are allowed to be said. Understand?” The class nodded. “You can work in groups up to five, no more.” Mrs. Cox walked to her desk to confirm that she was finished talking.
Everyone stood up and got into groups and began to talk. “I guess it’s just you and me.” I said after looking around.
“We’ll join.” I looked back, there was Cody, Trevor and Jason. I smiled, there was at least some people that understood normals were just as good as those with MCMs.
“Okay.” Leilani said. “I’ll grab some text books.”
After getting the textbooks we figured out who was researching what and started to work.
“Hey Cody,” Trevor elbowed Cody on the arm. “I dare you to go up to Lacy and to act like this monkey thing.” Cody smiled and walked over to a table, his body transformed into an ape shape, his arms dragging on the ground. At that moment you could see the MCMs at their full potential.
“Ugh.” Cody tapped a girl on the shoulder. The girl and other girls around her screamed. Everyone burst out laughing. Cody transformed back to his normal shape. “Ha! Got you! You’re afraid of a monkey? That’s sad.” People began to laugh again.
I smiled and looked at Leilani. “Hey, truth or dare?” She looked up.
“Truth.” She said, I smiled, I would be able to see is she does like Sam.
“Out of all the guys you know, who do you like the most. Makaio doesn’t count.” I said.
“Hmm,” She said. “I don’t know, I’ll have to think about that.”
We continued to work until the rest of the class. They guys continued to dare each other, but still got information written down. “You haven’t answered my question yet, what guy do you like the most?” I asked.
“I’d have to say your brother.” She said. “He’s really sweet and kind. I know he got my brother in the hospital, but I know he didn’t mean it.”
“Who do like second?” I asked.
Leilani just smiled at me. “You’re only allowed one question, you’ll have to wait for me to answer truth again.” I smiled to hide my disappointment, Sam really wanted to know if she liked him or not. “Okay, truth or dare?” Leilani asked.
“Truth.”
“Why did you like Eric?” She asked, my face dropped, I didn’t ever want to talk to or about Eric.
“I don’t know.” I said. “He seemed kind and stuff, until I figured out who he really was.”

“By the way, my name’s Eric.” The boy reached out his hand.
Kalyan shook his hand, “Nice to meet you, I’m Kalyan and this is Hera.” She pointed to me as I shook Eric’s hand. I looked up at Eric, he was tall and muscular too. He had short brown hair. But the thing I noticed the most was his eyes. I looked into them, they were the same colour as his hair and they gleamed. There was something in them, I couldn’t figure out what, but they were comforting.

“His eyes.” I said. “I loved him for his eyes.” Leilani looked at me, puzzled. “There was something in them, something that just,” I stopped. “They made me feel loved.” Leilani continued to stare at me. I zoned out of my thought and looked around, the guys weren’t aware that Leilani and I were talking, they were still screwing around. “Truth or Dare?” I asked Leilani.
“Dare.” She said, she obviously knew I would ask her who she likes second to Ajax and wanted to tick me off.
“I dare you to…” I looked around the room, the guy’s dares involved using MCMs, so I couldn’t really think of anything. “Ask Trevor if he’s dating.” I already made Leilani look like she likes Trevor, I might as well do it again.
“Hey Trevor!” Leilani called, he had just been dared to try and swat a fly with his textbook.
He looked over, “Yeah!” he called.
“Come over here! I want to ask you something!” Leilani had to yell, nobody was working, but Mrs. Cox didn’t care. Trevor walked over. “I was wondering,” Leilani looked down then looked back up at Trevor. “Are you dating?”
“Why do you want to know?” Trevor was trying to hide any feelings with a suspicious look on his face.
“Just wondering.”
“No, It’s been more than eights months since I have.” Trevor said and got back to trying to kill the fly.
Jason leaned forward and whispered, “Why did you ask him that? Do you like him?” Jason had a grin on his face.
“No,” Leilani said. “It was a dare, that’s it.” Jason’s face dropped, I almost laughed at the disappointment on his face.
Leilani and I continued to play truth or dare until the bell rang again, I couldn’t get Leilani to say truth no matter what, I really wanted to know if she liked Sam.

After school Leilani drove me home. “I know you haven’t picked truth yet,” I said. “But I really want to know this.” I said, I tried to sound somewhat serious.
“Okay,” Leilani said, “But you have to answer it too.”
“Okay,” I agreed. “Who do you like the second most, beside Makaio?”
“Hmm,” Leilani said, “It’s just as hard as the first question, I’ll have to think about it, I promise I’ll tell you tomorrow. So who do you like the second most, besides Ajax?”
I sighed, at least she didn’t say who I liked the most, I wouldn’t be able to tell the truth. I still love Eric, but my mind tells me I shouldn’t I know he doesn’t love me or have any respect for me.
“Sam.” I said. “I like Makaio too, he saved Sam’s life and everything, I just know Sam better, he’s more predictable for me.” I said. I don’t know if what I had just said was true or not. Did I say that because I really meant it or was I unintentionally trying to get her to say that too?”
“Yeah, I like Sam too.” Leilani said. Yes, she likes him, but how much? “He’s really sweet, he’s basically a little kid. He plays around and gets dirty but can respect other people.”
“So out of ten how much do you like Sam?” I asked, I really want to give Sam as much info as I can, I love him like Ajax, I wouldn’t want him blind sighted the way I was.
“I’ll only tell if you do as well.” Leilani said, I could tell she wasn’t that comfortable telling all this stuff to me.
“Okay, I like Sam nine and a half out of ten; he’s basically another brother to me.” I said, that time it was true.
“For me Sam would be a seven, you guys are the greatest friends I’ve had, I feel I can trust you with anything.” Leilani leaned towards me but kept here eyes on the car in front. “Between you and me,” she began, “I think Sam is actually pretty cute.”
I wanted to jump up and scream “Yes!” Finally, I knew what I wanted to know. Finally one of us would work out.
Leilani dropped me off and I walked into my house and saw Sam and Ajax eating. “So?” Sam said, “Does she like me?”
“It took basically all day, but yes,” I said, “She does like you.” I couldn’t help but smile, this seemed as exciting to me as it was to Sam.
“Yes!” Sam jumped out of his chair and was on the floor. “Finally.”