Dying Perfection

Untrustworthy

Everyone who said they would come was at the movie theater. Makaio quickly became friends with Ajax and Sam. I smiled, we may not have MCMs but we have each other.
We headed into the movie theater. Eric sat between Kalyan and I while the three other boys sat together, Leilani was sitting beside me. The movie started, it was the 5th remake of King Kong. I figure if they decided to make King Kong five times over it must be good.
After half an hour Kalyan leaned over to me. “I’m going to the bathroom.” I shrugged and continued to watch. Thirty more minutes passed and Kalyan still wasn’t back.
“I’m going to check on Kalyan,” Eric said. “See if she’s okay.”
“Okay,” I said. “Take her home if she isn’t feeling good.” I said and continued to watch.
When the movie had ended I looked to my right, Eric and Kalyan were still gone, I guess Kalyan had gotten sick.
We walked to the parking lot, expecting to see a bright red Aoide 300. “Oh ya,” I said. “Kalyan’s gone and so is her car, I guess we’re walking home.” Sam looked disappointed while Ajax looked unaware of the problem, he was probably thinking.
“No friends of mine are going to walk home, alone in the dark.” Leilani spoke up. “We’ll drive you home.”
“You have a car?” I asked.
“Ya, but it’s not much, it’s eight years old, not always a smooth ride.” Leilani said. “But it’s better than nothing.” She headed over to the far side of the parking lot and saw it. It was a deep turquoise and was a Bastet 6. The only flaws I could see was rust near the bottom, other than that it looked new.
I expected Leilani to jump into the driver seat but saw Makaio instead. Leilani didn’t offer herself to drive us but for her brother to do so. When the car rose into the air it wobbled, making me almost scream. Every now and then on the way home it would drop a foot or so and my heart would jump.
“Don’t you find it strange how Eric went to look for Kalyan.” Ajax said.
“No, not really, he was just worried about her.” I said.
“But if she was sick she’d be in the bathroom, right? And only girls can go into the girls bathroom, so Eric wouldn’t be able to go in and check on her. Therefore if Kalyan is out of the bathroom she was never there in the first place.” Ajax explained.
“Eric could have gotten someone to go in for him.” I said. “I do that lots of times for you guys.” I looked at Sam and Ajax, so many times Kalyan and I had lost them and they were in the bathroom.
Ajax just stared at me, not saying a word. He spoke up after two minutes of silence. “I just don’t trust them.”