Fearless

Moment

I believe there is a moment in everyone's life, when it feels like you've been hit by a ton of bricks, and no matter how hard you try, you just can't do anything.
This was my moment.
I was in complete shock. I was old enough to know what was going on, what this man was trying to do.
I jumped up. My legs told me to run, but I couldn't. I couldn't move.
I knew I was a goner at this point.
I was alone, as I so often was, and this man was much bigger than me. I was too scared to move, and it took all my strength to utter a single sentence.
"W-what do you want with me?" I asked, nervously.
"I think you know who you are. That's reason enough. Now do what I've said," he said, in a deep, gruff voice.
I found feeling in my legs and started to slowly back away. Why he wanted me was suddenly clear.
I kept going backwards, and he watched me intently.
"I'm n-not g-g-going with you," I stuttered.
When I was younger I had a terrible stutter, which I managed to correct. I only ever stuttered when I was nervous now.
"Yes you are. Wether you like it or not we'll have you eventually" he said grimly.
I turned around and ran, full speed.
Did he say we? Who else was after me?
I ran and ran and when I finally found a dark alleyway, I sank down against the wall.
I put my head in my hands.
I guess I should've always known this day would come at some point. When your dad is rich, you'd think being kidnapped for ransom would be an obvious possibility.
I figured I'd gotten away for now, but I didn't know when they would be back, but I knew they would be.
People like that didnt just leave it alone when they found something they wanted.
I didn't know what to do. I knew I would live in complete fear until they found me, and tortured me until my dad gave them what they wanted.
I felt tears in my eyes.
No matter how tough I tried to act like I was, inside I was full of fear.
I stood up.
School Wasn't over, but it wasn't as if this was the first time I'd ditched.
I stood up and walked around the corner. I had a weird feeling I was being followed as I walked down the street.
I turned around, but nothing was unusual about the typical New York streets.
I kept walking until I ran square into someone's chest.
"Aren't you supposed to be in school?" I heard someone say. I looked up to see it had been a police officer I ran into.
Damn it.
"Annalise?" The police officer asked.
I'd run into trouble with the law more than once, and you could say I had gotten to know the officers.
"Hey officer," I said. I wondered if I should tell him about the man who had talked to me earlier.
It could be a way to save myself from any trouble if I told him what happened.
I debated the idea, but decided against it. If I told him, he would undoubtedly tell my father, who would have a heart attack.
I rolled my eyes at the thought. He was so protective, but he was gone so often, he hardly talked to me. My mom said she 'couldn't handle my rebellious behavior' and sent me to live with my dad after they divorced when I was seven.
So, I was usually home alone with the company of the maids and chefs.
This allowed me to do practically whatever I want, but my dad did have to bail me out of jail a few times, and has been to the principals office more times than all the parents in my high school combined, I'm sure.
"Are your parents out of town again?" He asked.
"Yup" I lied.
"I'm not going to take you to the station, because it obviously has no effect on you, as you get bailed out every time. And since your parents aren't here to bail you out, you can go. But I must warn you, one more incident and I can promise you, you will not be bailed out, got it?" He said sternly.
"Of corse. Thank you so much" I said, sweetly.
He walked away and the smile instantly dropped from my mouth.
He knew as well as I did that no matter what, I would be bailed out time after time, and I didn't give a crap about the law or anything the officers tired to threaten me with.
#
My eyes shot open and wondered over to the clock 1:00 am.
What had woken me? I wondered.
I threw my head back on my pillow and closed my eyes. That's when I heard it again. And again. I opened the doors and stood on my balcony.
I looked down and there he was.
The same man that tired to get me this morning.
"The hell?" I yelled down at him.
I was getting seriously freaked out. How did he know where I lived? Or which bedroom was mine...
I wondered if he had been watching me for a while. The thought made me feel u comfortable.
I ducked back into my room and tried to fall back asleep, but to no avail.
I quickly changed my clothes and grabbed a few things.
Stepping outside, I looked around the yard.
I saw no one and just as I was about to head back inside I felt a hand go around my mouth.
Should've seen this coming.
I guess it's better to be taken now than being harassed until he did find me.
"I elbowed him in the stomach but that just made him angrier. There was no one to save me now.
I felt a searing, sharp pain in my back and I winced.
I saw blood and then black.
And that was all I could remember.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Sorry about the swearing! I just thought it added to the effect... I'm such a rebel :)
Thanks for reading!!!
Xxx
Khloe