Sequel: Same Mistakes
Status: let's see how this goes.

She's Not Afraid

Keep our feet up off the ground. We hate to leave but we'll be back around

“Jazmin!”I heard my cousin yell from down the hall. I didn’t answer. If she thought I was asleep maybe she’d shut up. It was kind of early, around 9 in the morning, but I’d been up for a while, just haven’t moved out of bed yet. “Jaaaaazmin! Jaz! I know you can hear me! Don’t ignore me you bitch!”

I sighed dramatically, throwing the blankets off of me and marching down the hall to her room, “What?” I snapped. “I was sleeping Jesy!” I said as I walked into her room. She was on the floor in front of her closet with her half full suitcase open and clothes all around her.

“I need you help packing.”

“I thought you’d finished packing days ago?”

“I was, but then I decided I needed to pack different outfits!”

I sighed. She did this every time she went on tour. My cousin, Jesy Nelson, was 1/4th of Little Mix. And having lived in this house with her for over a year, I was used to her last minute repacking. But it didn’t mean it didn’t irritate the crap out of me.

This tour was different though. I was going with them. I was now the new tour photographer for Little Mix, and I’d also be in charge of their instagram, and tour diaries. This was the greatest opportunity I could ask for, and it was all thanks to the muppet on the floor in front of me.

Jesy was like my sister. We were only 2 weeks apart in age, her being the oldest, and we’ve been inseparable since we popped out of our mother wombs. My mom and Jesy’s mom were sisters, the kind of sisters that you thought were twins because they were so close and looked so alike. So naturally when then both found out they were pregnant at the same time, they had already sealed out fate to be best friends.

We were there for each other through everything. She was there for me when I decided to tell my parents that I wasn’t going to go to University. I was there when she decided to try out for X-Factor. She was there when I got in my first car accident. I was there when she was placed in a girl group, and I was there, cheering in the crowd as Little Mix won X-Factor. I’d been there through the whole thing, and in turn, became close with Leigh-Anne, Jade and Perrie as well.

I pushed some clothes out of the way and sat down next to Jesy and sighed, “Alright Diva, where do we start?”

“Help me fold!” she said as he pushed a huge pile of clothes closer to me.

I grabbed some cut off shorts and folded them, “You know, if you didn’t do this every time you left for tour, you would be all stressed out before you left.”

“Thanks mom!” she sassed. I just rolled my eyes and kept folding. “So are you all packed?”

I nodded, “Yep. I mean, I just shoved a bunch of clothes in my suitcase. The most important things, like my cameras and lenses, are what I’m most concerned about packing.”

She laughed, “Right. So should I be expecting you to dig through my bags halfway through tour?”

I shrugged, “Probably.”

She squealed then, startling me. “I’m so excited Jaz! This is our first world tour!

“I know,” I said as I put some of the folded clothes neatly in her suitcase. “It’s going to be an awesome 10 months.”

“I’m so glad you’re coming! We’re all going to have such a blast! And the One Direction blokes are such a laugh,” she said as she started adding more clothes to the pile I had to fold.

I just smiled at her excitement. I was so proud of her and the girls on this tour. When they found out they were going to be touring with One Direction, they were worried how the fans would react. They’re fans tend to hate when One Direction was somehow brought up with Little Mix. Mainly because of Perrie. She, and the fans, hated when interviewers asked about Zayn, and who could blame her? It gives people the wrong impression of her relationship, like she’s only with him to help her band. Which see is not. I’d never seen two people more in love.

But those thoughts were in the past now. The Mixers were supportive of the tour, and everyone was so excited for this. Myself included. I’d met the One Direction lads a few times since Little Mix started getting bigger (and I’ve obviously spent a good amount of time around Zayn). I didn’t know any of them well, but enough to know that this tour would be one to remember.

“Helloooooo, earth to Jazmin!”

I snapped out of my thoughts, “What?”

She laughed, “I said lucky you, Harry, Niall and Liam are single!”

I rolled my eyes, “You’re point?”

“My point is, you need to get some!”

I scoffed, “Sod off yeah?”

“Hey, I’m just trying to help my cousin out!”

“Well I appreciate it, but I don’t need you trying to play match maker with me and the world’s biggest boy band.” I appreciated her enthusiasm on getting a boyfriend, her and the other girls tried all the time to set me up with lads in hopes of me settling down, but sometimes it irritated me. I, Jazmin Medina, didn’t do boyfriends. Friends with benefits? Casual fling? Yeah, sure. But boyfriends? No, I just didn’t have the time. The thought of having to share my life with someone, especially when I was trying to get my photography career up and running, was like a nightmare to me.

Although, I did find the lads in One Direction fit as fuck, and the thought of having a romp with any of them made me all tingly inside, I was not going down that road. Especially if I’d be stuck with them, on tour, for 10 months. You don’t shit where you eat. AKA; you don’t mix business with pleasure.

“I just want you to be happy Jaz.”

I looked at her confused, “I am happy.”

“I want you to fall in love!” she argued.

I rolled my eyes, “There’s time for that when I’m older and my career has taken off. A boyfriend to me right now would just be an unwanted distraction.”

“The girls and I are working on out career and still make time for our boyfriends,” she pointed out.

“And there’s nothing wrong with that. I’m happy you guys can balance a career and a love life. I just don’t want too.”

She sighed in defeat, “Fine. You win, for now.”

I smiled at her smugly, “Of course I do!”

“Yeah, shut it and help me finished the packing so I can run and go see Jordan before the bus picks us up.”

We left for tour tonight, and I couldn’t be more excited.
♠ ♠ ♠
Something new!
I'm really excited about this!

thoughts? let me know what you think!
although i'm sure many of you will bypass this because Little Mix is a huge part of it.
oooooh wellllllll!