"The Name's Ana."

The Beggining

“Don’t you dare.” I heard a small, raspy voice whisper to me as I grabbed a slice of pizza from the box sitting on the counter.
I jumped, my fear trickling into the seams of reality. I set the slice of meat lovers pizza down on top of the box quickly and whirled around in my long beige skirt, but in the process the train was wrapped around my legs and I fell over. I saw no one.
“See? You’re not even agile. You have to much extra skin.” I heard her taunt me. My eyes went wide. I was petrified. She sounded like she was dead or dying, with a hint at her voice that made her seem somewhat dangerous, and it scared me to death. I untangled myself and got up from the crisp kitchen tile. I slowly reached for the light with a shaking hand.
I didn’t want to say anything. Maybe she was talking to her abettor and didn’t actually see me yet. I looked around the small kitchen frantically. I slowly grabbed for the kitchen knife that was used to cut the pizza into smaller slices out of the kitchen sink. I raised it above my head, in hopes she would see it. I looked around through the shadows of the room, and saw no one.
“You’re not going to find me. I’m in your head. They call me Ana.” She laughed coldheartedly.
I slowly spun in a circle to scan the room again. My heart was racing, every noise I heard was a nightmare coming to life. I stared at the wall in horror, and I came to terms with what was probably happening again. Was I.. Hearing things again? Was I delusional? I already got my Anti- Psychotic injection in the beginning of the month. Surly it hadn’t worn off.
I began to relax. Yep, that was it. Just another figment of my Schizophrenic mind.
She couldn’t be real. Real girls don’t disappear then put in snide comments about your eating habits. What did she want?
“I told you. I’m not visible. I’m just in your head, for now.” She said snobbishly.
“Alright, what do you want?” I whispered, I closed my eyes. Usually when I was hearing things my Therapist had told me to try to visualize what they might look like but make them look less scary. This was another story.
As soon as I closed my eyes, I saw her. She was a fallen angel, there wasn’t any other way to put it. She had long, black shinning hair. There was something.. Off about her.
I closed my eyes even tighter and put my hands on my head, trying to get a clearer image. She looked.. Dead. Very dead. Although she was wearing a normal summer outfit of denim shorts and a \pink crop top- she didn’t look right. She was.. So pale. Like the color of a vampire. Her bones popped out in all directions. Her collar bones to her ankles, it was all visible. She was beautiful.
“I can make you perfect. You just need to listen to me, okay?” She offered sweetly. I could see her under my clenched shut eyelids.
“Perfect how?” I asked wondrously. My fear for her was mostly gone. I could never be afraid of what’s inside my head. Its apart of me. I’ve began to notice the difference between false illusions and reality.
“Perfect like me, honey,” She began, “But first, you need to throw that away.” She sounded disgusted. She pointed a bony finger to her left. I opened my eyes. It was the pizza. She wanted me to throw away a whole pizza? But.. I want to be perfect. She says she can help me. Although this will probably bite me in the ass later, I should obey.
“Okay.” I said aloud. I picked up the pizza slice and threw it into the box. I bent over and got out a large plastic bag from under the sink in the burgundy cabinets and put it in a large garbage bag. I put it in the trash can.
“Good girl,” She purred, And kissed me on the check. And just like that, she had become a part of my reality.