The Pain I Feel

What are you doing?!?

Pogo was worried about his best friend, the usually fun and energetic girl now stayed in her study most of the time. He was so worried that a month ago he insisted that she move in with him and his boyfriend Marilyn Manson. Pogo was overjoyed that they were dating, he loved the handsome singer but he couldn’t focus on his relationship when he was so worried about his best friend.
He had met Anna at one of his concerts five years ago; she had just turned twenty one and was out for a fun night. His band had made fun of him saying he looked like a pedo talking to her since she barely passed as legal. Pogo didn’t care though; something drew him and Anna together. When they had met she had been a happy, sarcastic little pixie who loved life. Now she was quiet and didn’t talk to anyone.
Even though he was worried that night Pogo and Manson went on a date leaving Aria home by herself. It was their one year anniversary and Pogo was enjoying himself with Manson. For a little while he forgot how worried he was about his best friend but it quickly returned after they left the restaurant. His anxiety grew the closer he got to the house, he was so worried, almost in a paternal way. Soon they were home and Pogo called up the stairs,
“Anna we’re home and we brought you some Chinese food!”
The house stayed silent as Pogo quickly climbed the stairs and made his way to her room. He gasped when he saw her sitting outside on the window sill soaking wet from the rain.
“Don’t worry I’m not going to jump” She said calmly not even turning around. “besides it’s only two stories it wouldn’t kill me.”
Pogo rushed over and pulled her back inside with a look of horror on his face, especially when he caught sight of her arms. Red cuts criss crossed her arm from elbow to wrist.
“These might kill me though” She said giggling.
“Anna this isn’t funny! Why the fuck would you do this? Are you insane?” Pogo asked.
Anna’s smiled quickly dropped and tears formed in her eyes. She looked down,
“I don’t want to talk about it”
“Like hell! What is going on with you? You’re scaring me...” He said sternly, the last sentence coming out a whisper.
Anna looked up; she didn’t want to upset Pogo honest! It was just hurt to talk about...but Pogo was her best friend and he deserved to know,
“My dad disowned me,” she whispered, “He called months ago and told me he wanted nothing to do with me anymore, told me he wanted a ‘normal’ daughter, not a freak like me…”
Pogo pulled his young best friend closer; she really didn’t need this crap from that asshole. He was never there for her so why should he tell her that shit?? Pogo picked her up and carried her past a shocked looking Manson who was now standing in the doorway. He set her on the sink and started cleaning her arms.
“Stephen am I really that horrible?” Anna asked in a small voice.
Pogo looked up in surprise,
“Of course not, you’re amazing! The whole band loves you and so do I. That’s all that matters, not the opinion of that asshole.”
She nodded but didn’t look convinced. Pogo sighed and finished bandaging her cuts, after he was done she quietly retreated back to her bedroom. Soon you could hear her quiet sobs through the door, it broke Pogo’s heart even further. He went to the master bedroom where Manson was waiting for him,
“Is Anna okay?” he asked concerned.
“I honestly don’t know, she’s really worrying me with those cuts…” Pogo said looking like he was about to cry.
Manson’s heart split in half at the pain both of them were in. It really wasn’t fair; they were both such amazing people. Pogo’s voice broke through Manson’s thinking,
“Marilyn how would you feel if we had a baby in the house, not the way you think” He said quickly seeing the look of terror on his face.
“You mean...like Anna?”
Pogo nodded, “it was very childish to try killing herself like that plus she needs the love and attention she didn’t have as a child.”
Manson looked at him thoughtfully, “Okay let’s think about it, and give her a couple more changes before we do anything extreme, this could be a onetime thing. Now come over here and cuddle with me.”
Pogo rolled his eyes but complied and crawled over to Manson. That night Pogo fell asleep already making plans in his head, hopefully he wouldn’t have to put them into action.