Sequel: OuR BeAuTiFuL MaDnEsS
Status: Completed and Soon to be Published

Our Perfect Insanity

Chapter Sixteen

ChApTeR SiXtEeN

“I remember, May 1944: I was 15-and-a-half, and I was thrown into a haunted universe where the story of the human adventure seemed to swing irrevocably between horror and malediction.”
~Elie Wiesel

“You’ll be staying in the guest bedroom, which is right next to mine. You know you can come and talk to me about anything, right?”

Kat asked me this, as we walked into her house, Jake following close beside me, his hand locked around my own.

“Yeah, you can talk to me too, babe, about anything at all. We’re here for you.” Jake added, and I smiled up at him and then over at Kat.

I could tell that the two of them were worried about me, and it felt nice knowing that someone was looking out for me.

“Yeah, I know. Thanks, guys.” I told them both, and Jake leaned down to gently kiss my forehead, while Kat grabbed my other hand.

“Come on, I’ll show you to your new room. My mom isn’t home yet, she’ll be back around nine tonight, so, we can hang out ‘til then, but when they get back, Jakey here’s gotta go home.” Kat told me, jabbing her thumb in Jake’s direction, who grimaced at Kat’s choice of nicknames.

“Don’t call me Jakey. Do you have any idea how seriously annoying that is? You don’t have to give me name a nickname, its already short for Jacob, it doesn’t need to be ‘nicknamed’ again.” Jake said coldly, and I smirked.

Jake hated being called Jacob, seeing as he was named after his father, who was a jerk.

I hate met Jake’s father a few times, and every time I saw him, he had been less then pleasant to me. I didn’t like him in the slightest, and I knew Jake hated him.

But, he had to stay; his mother had died in a car crash when he was five.

At least he has a father, even though his father’s a dick; I thought bitterly, though at the same time smirking to myself.

Jake and I followed Kat through her house, heading up the stairs and into the bedroom which was now mine.

It was a nice room, silver walls and carpet, along with dark green bed covers and matching curtains. It was a nice room, not as homely as my old one, but, I knew that I could make it more like home when I brought some of my posters in here, put up some pictures and got a nice bookshelf.

“You can do whatever you want with the room, it’s yours.” Kat told me, and I nodded my head, smiling.

I walked inside, feeling the soft carpeting on my bare feet, as we had all discarded our shoes at the door. The Grayce’s had a strong ‘No Shoes In The House’ policy.

“Thanks, Kat, I really love it. I’m so happy that your mom is letting me stay here, I don’t know where else I could have gone.” I thanked her.

Kat smiled while Jake frowned and crossed his arms.

“What am I? Chopped liver? My house is just as good as Kat’s!” Jake exclaimed, flailing his arms in the air.

I turned to him, taking his hands and standing on my tippy toes to gently press my lips to his cheek to kiss him.

When I pulled away, I smiled up at him.

“I know that you’d be more than happy to have me around you all the time, but, seriously, you’d get annoyed of me quickly. Kat’s unlucky; she’s got me all the time now.” I told him with a smirk while Kat giggled.

“I consider her lucky. I’d never find you annoying, I want you around me twenty-four seven.” Jake said, and I smiled up at him.

“You’re sweet.” I told him affectionately, and gave him another kiss before walking over to the bed and falling down onto it, sighing heavily.

I looked over at Kat and Jake and smiled at the two of them.

“Do you want some time to get used to the room?” Kat questioned, and I nodded my head, smiling at the two.

“Okay, we’ll wait downstairs. Talk to you in a few minutes, ‘kay, Syl?” Jake said, and I nodded my head at the two of them once more, watching as they turned and left the room.

I heard their footsteps heading down the stairs and into the living room below.

I sighed and stared up at the ceiling, what was I supposed to do now? I just found out that my mother wasn’t killed by Jonathan Kilmury.

She was killed by some psychopath woman who only killed my mother to win Jonathan’s heart. Sounds like something out of a romance story… a sick, twisted, horrible romance story.

I sighed and sat up, before freezing as I realized that I wasn’t as alone in my room as I thought I was. There were two people standing by the window, and I wasn’t surprised to see that it was Jonathan and Ariel.

“What do you want?” I questioned coldly, and Jonathan stayed silent, his expression blank, while Ariel smiled over at me, though her eyes glinted in strange ways.

“We can’t have any lose ends, now can we? You know what really happened, and you could go to the police, if you had the mind to. I doubt they’d believe you, but, it’d raise suspicion if you talked.” Ariel explained, and I felt the blood drain from my face.

“You’re going to kill me?” I asked weakly, my tone barely above a whisper.

Ariel grinned, showing off her pointed teeth.

“I’m giving you a choice. I’ll either kill you, or you can join our little, should I call it; ‘family’? You’d go completely insane of course, the moment you agree, but, at least you’d have a family.” Ariel offered, and I glared at her.

“You think I’d join you? You killed my mother!” I hissed, and Ariel shrugged, brushing some hair out of her eyes before she looked over at me again.

“So? It was for a valid reason.” She shrugged, and I stared at her, shocked.

What valid reason could she possibly have for murdering my mother?

“What reason?” I snapped, still glaring at her.

“I told you; she was keeping me from what was mine.” Ariel explained calmly, and I rolled my eyes at her statement.

“What? Jonathan? I told you, you crazy bitch... he’s a human, not a puppy! He’s not yours! You can’t kill people to win someone’s heart! I don’t know what you did to him, but, I don’t believe he wanted to be your lover when you started killing those that he loved!”

Seeing as I shouted this, within seconds I heard footsteps running upstairs towards me. The door flew open, and there stood Kat and Jake.

“What’s going on? Who are those people?” Kat demanded, and Ariel turned to the two of them, her eyes flashing.

She grabbed Jonathan’s wrist and the two of them disappeared out the window before Kat, Jake, or I could do anything to stop her.

“Who was that?” Jake questioned, as I just stared at the window, my eyes narrowed and my breathing quick.

“That was Jonathan and Ariel. Jonathan didn’t kill my mother, his ex-wife, or his daughter, Ariel did. She killed them all… and I’m going to get her for that.”