Sequel: OuR BeAuTiFuL MaDnEsS
Status: Completed and Soon to be Published

Our Perfect Insanity

Chapter Twenty Six

ChApTeR TwEnTy SiX

“I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death.”
~Leonardo da Vinci

I nearly jumped out of my skin when Sylvia’s cellphone rang.

She gave me an amused look before grabbing it off the coffee table. Apparently she had left it here when she moved to her friend Kat’s house.

Now that she has it back, apparently she’s little miss popular.

“Is it really an intelligent idea to answer a phone, Sylvia?” I inquired, and Sylvia merely rolled her eyes before looking down at the caller I.D.

Her eyes widened, before tears filled them.

“...Sylvia? What is it?” I questioned, slightly alarmed by how her mood changed so drastically and so quickly.

Wordlessly, she passed me the cellphone, and, glancing down at it, I blinked at the name.

Colette Grayce.

Slowly, I recognized the name as Sylvia’s friend Kat’s older sister, and, from what Sylvia had said before, Colette probably thought Sylvia murdered her sister.

Shaking my head sadly, I quickly hit ‘Ignore’ on the phone and set it down silently on the coffee table.

Sylvia was quick to wipe her eyes and sit back, acting like nothing had happen. Doing the same, I realized that Sylvia and I were masking our emotions quite well, seeing as what had happened to us in the past few days especially.

I suppose we are both doing our best to cope, even if that means indulging in the unhealthy hobby of locking away our emotions.

“What’s your plan?”

I jumped again at the sudden sound of Sylvia’s voice, causing her lips to turn up into a slight smile as she tucked a strand of her dark hair behind her ear.

“Uhm... sorry, what?” I question, confused to her words.

“What is your plan, Jonathan? To kill Ariel.” Sylvia repeated slowly, in a way as if she was speaking to a child, which caused me to frown.

“I’m not sure... I suppose, we should find someone to help us.” I suggested, and Sylvia narrowed her eyes at me, crossing her arms.

“Yes, and get more people killed? Brilliant plan.” Sylvia told me sarcastically.

“There’s another doctor at the asylum, named Annabeth Rae. Her office holds copies of all the patient files and everything any doctor has ever found on them. If we can enlist her help, we can find out more about Ariel... hopefully.”

Sylvia took a deep breath, seemingly thinking this over, before she sighed.

“Alright, then... we should go now. It’s late, if we go any later she wont be there.” She told me, and I shook my head.

“Everyone’s still looking for us, and most doctor’s stay there late-”

Sylvia cut me off.

“I want to go now!” She exclaimed, causing me to blink at her.

“Why does it have to be this exact instant that we go? You can’t wait until later?” I inquired, and Sylvia shook her head.

“I’m bored.” Sylvia informed me, causing me to chuckle.

“So, you want to go out with the possibility of getting caught and incarcerated, because of the fact that you’re merely bored?” I smirked.

Sylvia crossed her arms, before quickly climbing to her feet and looking down at me.

“C’mon, Johnny Boy, get up!” She cheered, causing me to narrow my eyes at her.

I slowly pushed myself up off the couch, still glaring while Sylvia merely smiled innocently at me, holding her hands behind her back.

We grabbed out coats and boots, before I followed Sylvia out to the garage that was on the side of her small house.

“This is my car. I haven’t driven it in a while, but, I think it will be of use now.” Sylvia muttered, looking at the sleek Ford Focus.

“I wasn’t even aware you had a car.” I admitted, and Sylvia smirked.

“Well, now you know. Since it’s my car, I’m driving.”

Before I could object, Sylvia had practically jumped into the front seat, standing the car before I could even begin to walk around the car towards the passenger seat.

As I suspected from the sixteen year old, she is an absolutely insane driver.

“Don’t you think you should drive at the average speed, to avoid attracting any unwanted attention?” I asked, my voice coming out slightly pained as I clutched the armrest.

Sylvia’s driving was making me severely anxious.

“We’ve already attracted enough attention for one lifetime, and, besides, there’s no one even around!” She retorted, causing me to shake my head again.

“Still, please, slow down.” I sid calmly, before gasping as she turned sharply, laughing at my expression while I glared.

“One would think you’d be more brave, prissy boy.” Sylvia taunted, while I continued to give her a narrowed eyed look.

I was silent for a few minutes, before the sound of Sylvia’s fingers on the steering wheel, causing me to turn to her, finding her wearing a confused expression.

“What is it?” I questioned, and she made a slight face.

“Well, uhm... I don’t exactly know where it is... the asylum...” She trailed off, smiling sheepishly while I chuckled.

With the help of my directions, I managed to get us unlost, as Sylvia had been driving in the opposite direction, and soon, we were back on track.

It wasn’t long before we reached the place where all this madness began.

O’Neil Asylum.