Sequel: OuR BeAuTiFuL MaDnEsS
Status: Completed and Soon to be Published

Our Perfect Insanity

Chapter Twenty Eight

ChApTeR TwEnTy EiGhT

“I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. That dreams are more powerful than facts. That hope always triumphs over experience. That laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than death.”
~Robert Fulghum

“Rosalie?”

The young woman, her age to be around nineteen, I believe, smiled innocently at me, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.

“That’s my name, don’t wear it out! What’re you doing out here anyways, doc? Everyone’s looking for you and your little friend, here... shouldn’t you be hiding?” Rosalie inquired, and Sylvia crossed her arms.

“I’m missing something here.” She stated, causing Rosalie to give her a look.

“Sylvia, this is Rosalie Dawn... Patient 332.” I told Sylvia slowly, causing her eyes to widen as Rosalie smirked slightly.

“You mean... you mean she’s one of your patients?!” Sylvia gasped, looking from me to Rosalie then back to myself in alarm.

“Was. Past tense, Sylvia. She was one of my patients. As you can see, I’m no longer a doctor, and Rosalie is escaped, so, she’s clearly no longer a patient.” I told her calmly, and Sylvia merely gaped.

“Well... is she dangerous?!” She yelped, looking somewhat panicked.

I shook my head, smirking at Rosalie, who had her arms crossed in amusement.

“Not particularly, no. Well, she is, but, I doubt she’ll be of any threat to us. In fact... she might be of some help...” I trailed off, looking over at Rosalie.

She blinked at me, before raising a hand in salute.

“What can I help with, boss?” Rosalie chirped eagerly, causing me to chuckle, yet, before I could reply, Sylvia spoke first.

“Wait, wait, wait, shouldn’t she be like... trying to kill you, or something?! She was your patient, doesn’t she hate you?!” Sylvia questioned, her voice sounding confused and anxious.

“Well, you see, Rosalie and I never were enemies, we got on rather well.” I explained, and Rosalie walked over at my side, linking her arm with mine and smirking.

“He was the only doctor that wasn’t exceptionally cruel to his patients... well, him and Dr. Bell. I wanted to ask; where is she? I was told she was dead, but, I was also told you were dead, yet, here you are...” Rosalie trailed off, looking up at me expectantly, awaiting my answer.

“...Dr. Bell was killed, Rosalie. Do you remember ever hearing about Patient 127?” I inquired carefully.

Rosalie tapped her chin in thought, hesitating for a moment before her eyes lit up.

“You mean Little Miss Still and Silent? The one who never spoke a word to anyone? Is that who you’re talking about?” She questioned, and I nodded my head with a slight smirk on my face.

“Yes, that would be her. Her name is Ariel Nex, she was the one who killed Dr. Bell, my daughter, my ex wife, and a few of Sylvia’s friends. Sylvia, here, is Dr. Bell’s daughter.” I introduced, and Rosalie turned her gaze to Sylvia.

“I know that this is against the psychopath character here for me to say this, but... I’m sorry for your loss.” Rosalie told Sylvia politely, causing the younger girl to blink slightly in shock.

“I... uhm... thank you...?”

Rosalie grinned as Sylvia awkwardly thanked her, before turning to look up at me.

“So, I take it you’re wanting me to help you find and kill this Ariel chick?” She asked, and I nodded my head lightly.

“She needs to be stopped before she can hurt anyone else. I shouldn’t even be bringing you into this, but, I need help, and you seem willing enough.”

“I am willing... but, can I find Nathaniel first? He’s going to be waiting for me, and, I don’t like being away from him.” Rosalie pleaded, and I nodded my head immediately.

“Of course, though, it might be dangerous for him to become involved-”

“I’ll make sure that woman does nothing to Nathaniel, Jonathan, don’t worry.” Rosalie told me, cutting me off.

“Wait, who’s Nathaniel?” Sylvia interjected, looking over at us curiously.

Rosalie looked over at Sylvia with a light smile on her face.

“My boyfriend.” Rosalie replied happily, and Sylvia nodded her head slowly.

“...alright. So, I suppose we’re going to find this Nathaniel person, then, we’re going back to my house to see if that file has any useful information?” Sylvia inquired, looking over at me, to which I merely nodded in response.

“Yes, and you two have to fill me in on everything... bring me up to speed, you know?” Rosalie ordered, waving her hand in a rather dismissive way, before placing her hands on her hips.

“Deal.” I nodded, smiling lightly.

“Where exactly are we meeting your boy toy?” Sylvia inquired, and Rosalie gave her an annoyed look at the term ‘boy toy’ while I have Sylvia a look.

Very bright, annoy the mental asylum escapee, how intelligent.

“I’m supposed to meet him downtown, we have a spot, I’d prefer not to say in case your little friend is eavesdropping on us.” Rosalie replied coolly, causing both Sylvia and I to realize Ariel could in fact be listening.

Looking around, I thought I saw a flash of blue and green, but, brushing it off to the paranoia of the moment, I shook my head and turned back to the two younger women.

“Let’s head there now, then, shall we?” I suggested, causing them both to nod in agreement.

Wherever Rosalie was leading us, appeared to be quite a ways away.

Though, this amount of traveling time gave Sylvia and I the opportunity to update Rosalie on everything that had been happening, involving Ariel.

“...sound’t like this is one demented psychopath we’re dealing with. I mean, I’m one myself, and, even I don’t understand those motives.” Rosalie murmured, shuddering slightly.

“She is demented.” I agreed, with a nod, while Sylvia crossed her arms.

“A psycho bitch, if you ask me.”

Rosalie and I both laughed at Sylvia’s words, causing the younger girl to smile lightly, before, Rosalie, seeing someone, smiled widely.

“Nathaniel!” She called, and, Sylvia and I both looked towards the younger man leaning against the wall. He looked over at us and, upon seeing Rosalie, grinned.

“Rose!” He exclaimed back, pushing away from the wall and walking over to us.

Rosalie quickly ran over, wrapping her arms around Nathaniel’s neck and kissing him happily. Sylvia blushed a bit at the Public Display of Affection, causing me to chuckle at the look on her face, even though I was a little uncomfortable myself.

We both looked up again as Rosalie walked back over, her hand locked around Nathaniel’s, as he surveyed us thoroughly.

“Jonathan, Sylvia, this is Nathaniel. Nathaniel, these are two friends of mine, we need to help them with a little problem of theirs.” Rosalie explained and Nathaniel, a taller young man with bright blue eyes and black hair, nodded his head.

“Well, any friend of Rose is a friend of mine. What can I help with?” He inquired, and, looking around carefully, I turned back to him.

“Perhaps we can explain somewhere a little more private?” I suggested, causing Rosalie and Nathaniel nodded in agreement.

Carefully studying the area for Ariel, I hesitated for a moment before leading the way back to Sylvia’s house, prepared to explain in an attempt to figure out a way to defeat Ariel.

Once and for all.