Sequel: OuR BeAuTiFuL MaDnEsS
Status: Completed and Soon to be Published

Our Perfect Insanity

Chapter Three

ChApTeR ThReE

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
~Edmund Burke

I sat in my chair, taking a deep, soothing breath, and glancing around the familiar space that was my apartment.

I looked through the glass doors, leading to the balcony, and watched the wild wind howling outside. My mind was going over every word that Ariel has said to me, or...

That I thought she had said to me.

No! She did speak to me, I know it! I'm not crazy, I know what I'm doing, and I know Ariel spoke to me.

Suddenly, the phone rang, causing me to jump, letting out a shocked sound. I sighed once I realized what the sudden noise was, and after cursing myself for being so paranoid, I reached over and snatched up the receiver.

"Hello?" I questioned, rubbing the bridge of my nose.

"Jonathan? It’s Dr. Bell. How are you feeling?" Kathryn's voice questioned, masked by a bit of static.

"I'm fine, Kath. Just a little tired, I guess… like you said." I replied, and I heard Kathryn sigh on the other end of the line.

"Alright, Jonathan. Patient 127-"

I cut her off.

"Her name is Ariel Nex." I growled, before I could stop myself.

I must seem like a lunatic to Kathryn right now.

There was silence at the other end, before Kathryn spoke again.

"Fine, then… Ariel is gone." Kathryn said, and I froze in my chair, my heart beginning to pound in my chest.

"What?" I hissed, with the feeling of fear mounting inside my body and causing my hand to shake around the receiver slightly.

Kath sighed.

“She's gone. She just… disappeared. Vanished,” Kathryn paused, allowing me a second to swallow nervously, pushing my glassed up my nose with a shaking hand. “I was thinking she might come to your place. Have you seen her?”

"No… no, I haven't seen her." I said, trying to keep my voice from wavering.

Kathryn sighed on the other end.

"Alright, well, if you see her, obviously you know what to do. Call the police or me, okay?" Kath told me, and I sighed.

"Yeah…. yeah, I’ll… I’ll do that… alright, Kath." I agreed.

"Hope you're feeling better, Jonathan. Goodbye."

"Goodbye." I replied, before I hung up the phone.

I replaced the receiver back on its base before sighing heavily and leaning back in my seat, closing my eyes and relaxing.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

I froze, before telling myself to relax, and opening my eyes slowly. I took a deep, shaking breath and pushed myself up and out of my chair, before walking quickly to the front door.

I peered through the peek hole and saw... no one?

"Hello?" I questioned, opening the door and sticking my head out, looking down the hall each way.

Did I imagine someone knocking, too? Am I going insane?

I closed the door, sighing quietly to myself. I had been terrified that it was Ariel, coming to see me after she escaped.

Normally, someone wouldn't be afraid of a little thing like her, but I had my reasons for believing that Ariel was nowhere near normal.

I sat back in my chair, taking another deep breath and closing my eyes again. I rested my head on the chair, and sighed uneasily.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

I froze again, slowly opening my eyes as I faced a horrifying conclusion.

I have two doors. The front and the… balcony doors…

I looked up at the glass doors in front of me, my heart hammering in my chest as I saw the dark silhouette standing outside. How did they get up there? Was it Ariel?

My eyes widened in horror as the lock clicked, and the glass door swung open.

The figure stepped into the house, the black cloak covering them swirled and writhed around them like tendrils of smoke, dripping rain water onto the floor as the figure closed the door. They turned towards me, as I sat, frozen in my chair, staring at in horror.

"Hello, Jonathan." I recognized the voice at once, my blood running cold as her voice sent shivers down my spine.

Ariel.

I found the ability to move, and shot up from my chair and into a standing position. My eyes darted to the door, and then back to Ariel, who had removed her hood.

"Ariel, what are you doing here?" I asked, my voice not wavering in the slightest even though fear was raging through me.

The smile Ariel threw me was seductive, and my eyes widened.

"I came to see you of course, doctor." She said, and even her tone was seductive, causing me to wonder what exactly Ariel's motives were.

She shrugged her shoulders delicately, causing her cloak to fall to the ground, the black fabric pooling around her feet like silk.

It was revealed that Ariel was wearing a black corset mini-dress, and black stockings, along with black stiletto boots. Her dress had chains hanging from it, making it look very gothic, and at the same time, very… sexy.

I turned my head away.

No, I must not think like that, Ariel was insane, a psychopath. Besides, I am her doctor; it is not acceptable of me to be thinking such thoughts about my patient.

"Look at me, Jonathan."

I immediately looked up, before I mentally began cursing myself for my weakness.

Ariel's bright, different colored eyes seemed to pierce into my own, one of her eyes was half hidden by the bangs of her black hair, which looked as smooth as silk.

Ariel smiled that delicate, sinister smile at me, starting to slowly make her way across the room towards me, her movements graceful.

"Ariel..." I warned, though it was useless, as Ariel stopped right in front of me, her delicate hands resting on my chest.

Even through the fabric of my shirt, I could feel the icy coldness of her hands.

They traveled up, sending shivers through me, and her hands finally stopped as her fingers linked together behind my neck.

"You're just as crazy as the rest of us, John, and I like them crazy… I like them bad, and I like you…" She purred, leaning up towards me.

I was frozen, staring down at her in horror, though at the same time, wishing I could feel her delicate red lips which looked as soft as velvet.

"I know you want me, Jonathan. Come on, you do a really poor job of hiding it…"

"No, Ariel, I-"

Ariel cut me off, her grin growing as she pressed her velvety soft lips to mine.

I was shocked at first, but then I seemed to be drowning in it, it was intoxicating. Ariel’s icy fingers found a handle on the hair at the back of my head, and she tugged on it gently, her lips turning into a smile against mine.

"Now, do you give in?" Ariel breathed, her breath tickling me as she pulled away, though only barely, her delicate lips still brushing against mine.

"Give into what?" I questioned, dazed.

Ariel smiled softly at me as I struggled to collect my thoughts, which seemed to be shaken from the kiss I had just shared with an escape patient.

"The insanity… what else could I mean? I need you to give into it, Jonathan. Give into it, and I can be all yours…" She purred.

He eyes met mine, and she smiled maliciously. Her eyes held excitement, lust, yet also a psychopathic gleam.

"I… no… I can't…" I managed to choke out, shaking my head quickly.

Ariel smiled, her eyes burning with passion as she cupped my face in her soft, icy cold hands.

"Maybe you need a little more... encouragement…"

Within another second, her lips were on mine again. She kissed me fiercely, lustfully, and I knew she wanted more, yet she knew she would not get it.

For now, this was all she needed, but I could tell, she wanted something else.

She wanted me to give in.

"What about now?" Ariel inquired, her lips slowly pulling away from mine.

She paused momentarily to gently nip on my bottom lip, with her sharp teeth. I shook my head, but that only caused her smile to grow even wider as she grinned up at me.

"I knew you wouldn't give in easily..."

Then she was gone, and the balcony doors were wide open.